*** The Official UCLA Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

I see more Balance. more rushing attempts from Taylor

I really think they kept some plays quiet this week to use this week. I expect T-mart to run alot more today.

a selfish part of me, just wants to see T-Mart rip off about a 85 yard run, to remind folks he's still got wheels....

I was saying the same thing last week. I just want him to take the option lead and go to the house!

I am in the Army and living in England watching football for the third straight year, where is everyone else watching the game from!!!

Army here as well. I got put on orders at the last minute for a mission to Japan, I watched the SMU and will be watching the UCLA game on AFN. I leave for home on Tuesday and will be at the next home game!

I was surprised at the availability of games live on AFN... Even if it means I watch the games at 0430 and 0830 respectively.

GO BIG RED!

I am in the Army and living in England watching football for the third straight year, where is everyone else watching the game from!!!

Army here as well. I got put on orders at the last minute for a mission to Japan, I watched the SMU and will be watching the UCLA game on AFN. I leave for home on Tuesday and will be at the next home game!

I was surprised at the availability of games live on AFN... Even if it means I watch the games at 0430 and 0830 respectively.

GO BIG RED!

Ya I am VERY thankful for AFN. Are you Active duty???

Offense all around looked fantastic last week. I suspect we will look even better this week. I think UCLA defense is weak. Our RB's and WR's will have huge games, thus, Taylor will also be outstanding once again. Defense has got to look better. Not that they looked terrible last week. We just have to tackle first contact! We have got to get a push off the line and continue to reek havoc in the backfield. If Whaley and Meredith miss as many tackles as they did last week, I expect them to be replaced. Rose could get some time at LB and it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit. Martin replacing Meredith sounds fair to me. More safety blitzes, our safeties really have their timing down on those blitzes. They will work all day long. I don't expect every game to be as clean as last week, but no turnovers and few penalties would be icing on the cake of what should be a great Husker Blowout! Go Big Red! Have a great day Husker fans.

I don't see how anyone can have any idea what this game will be like.

As a UCLA fan, I do not think the game over Rice can be interepreted in any way because the Owls are just awful. I did see one thing last week that I liked a lot: much better playcalling than in the previous regime.

And I am not sure how valid Nebraska's one game is. Is Southern Mississippi good at all? I know that they are better than Rice but who isn't? Is there any guarantee that Taylor Martinez' bad habits won't show up again?

Just too many unknowns to really know enough to make a good prediction...but it is fun.

Honestly I am hoping for a close, competitive game with no serious injuries to either side. Would it surprise me if Nebraska won big? Not really. Would it surprise me if UCLA won big? Yes. Would it suprise me if the game is close. I cannot say. I just have not seen enough from the Bruins against a good team. I will know a lot more about them tonight.

I think that anyone who bets on a game the second week of the college football season is plum out of their mind.

Welcome to the board. Fair analysis. However, I vote for NU. :) Enjoy the game!

Cam has got to show up tonight. Against southern miss, he made a play or two, but the majority of the game he was chasing guys everywhere losing containment a lot

If the D line can impose their will on the UCLA O line, it's going to get ugly quickly

Same with our O line. The Bruins don't seem that physical to me at all.

Cam has got to show up tonight. Against southern miss, he made a play or two, but the majority of the game he was chasing guys everywhere losing containment a lot

If the D line can impose their will on the UCLA O line, it's going to get ugly quickly

I do like their lb/de Barr I believe is his name. Kid has a good motor and is a pretty sure tracker

I do like their lb/de Barr I believe is his name. Kid has a good motor and is a pretty sure tracker

He's an exception. He's a converted LB, recruited as a TE and seems to have a bright future. They've got some athletes, but I'm still not sold on their physical level.