*** The Official UCLA Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

I think last weeks Passing will open up the Run this week. Martinez is showing great poise when setting up the pass, and I think he is smarter with his passing too. The Key thing, is UCLA won't just have to beat 1 guy, hey have to beat the entire Cornhusker Football Team. There is something special about the 2012 Cornhusker Football team, and we have only just begun to see the tip of the iceberg. This game against UCLA, we will really start to see the Team Unity and how they are pulling for one another, and how they would give up their bodies for each other.

I say this in a LA newspaper.

"UCLA's defense gave up 24 first-half points last week, but adjusted in the second half with a dime package that paved the way to a second-half shutout."

If UCLA plays dime does NU counter with Imani and just run those little guys into ground?

I don't see how anyone can have any idea what this game will be like.

As a UCLA fan, I do not think the game over Rice can be interepreted in any way because the Owls are just awful. I did see one thing last week that I liked a lot: much better playcalling than in the previous regime.

And I am not sure how valid Nebraska's one game is. Is Southern Mississippi good at all? I know that they are better than Rice but who isn't? Is there any guarantee that Taylor Martinez' bad habits won't show up again?

Just too many unknowns to really know enough to make a good prediction...but it is fun.

Honestly I am hoping for a close, competitive game with no serious injuries to either side. Would it surprise me if Nebraska won big? Not really. Would it surprise me if UCLA won big? Yes. Would it suprise me if the game is close. I cannot say. I just have not seen enough from the Bruins against a good team. I will know a lot more about them tonight.

I think that anyone who bets on a game the second week of the college football season is plum out of their mind.

I think that's fair. For the record, I think if this game is close at all, it will foreshadow bad things to come for Nebraska in B1G play.

Anyhow, you seem very level headed so feel free to stick around. It's always great to have input from fans of other teams.

• Fire 1

Expect Taylor to go 200+ passing and 100+ rushing, UCLA struggled against zone read last week vs Rice.

Other Rushing Yards:

AA- 75

Cross- 50 (gets first TD)

Heard- 50

Defense:

About like last week. Looks terrible but really better than it seems. Give up 17-28 points. However I hope with Emart being healthy and maybe we turn the young guns loose we can slow down the mobile qb.

Maher gets back on track with a long field goal.

I don't see how anyone can have any idea what this game will be like.

As a UCLA fan, I do not think the game over Rice can be interepreted in any way because the Owls are just awful. I did see one thing last week that I liked a lot: much better playcalling than in the previous regime.

And I am not sure how valid Nebraska's one game is. Is Southern Mississippi good at all? I know that they are better than Rice but who isn't? Is there any guarantee that Taylor Martinez' bad habits won't show up again?

Just too many unknowns to really know enough to make a good prediction...but it is fun.

Honestly I am hoping for a close, competitive game with no serious injuries to either side. Would it surprise me if Nebraska won big? Not really. Would it surprise me if UCLA won big? Yes. Would it suprise me if the game is close. I cannot say. I just have not seen enough from the Bruins against a good team. I will know a lot more about them tonight.

I think that anyone who bets on a game the second week of the college football season is plum out of their mind.

Wow....best post by a Bruin so far on this board. Good stuff man. Stick around. (this isn't sarcasm)

Last year, I wanted to see Tmart exhibt pocket poise, this game I want to see him take off and go a couple of times. I am never satisfied

Can't we have both?

that would be balance, and yes that is optimal.

As much as I wanna see Taylor get loose, I also don't want him to get hurt. So if we can be effective offensively without him running to much, keep him in the pocket.

The Bruins have a very young O-line. I think they gave up a couple sacks last week to Rice. RICE. I’d guess our front four gets a good push on these guys. Maybe disrupt Hundley and knock him around a few times before he gets in a groove. If we can’t push these guys around, it sure won’t be pretty once we get into our conf sched. GBR!

The Bruins have a very young O-line. I think they gave up a couple sacks last week to Rice. RICE. I’d guess our front four gets a good push on these guys. Maybe disrupt Hundley and knock him around a few times before he gets in a groove. If we can’t push these guys around, it sure won’t be pretty once we get into our conf sched. GBR!

I would like to see Hundly knocked out of the game by good clean hits. No permanent injury just hit hard enough so he needs some time on the bench to enjoy some oxygen and maybe a warm milk. Then the NU defense could have the UCLA second string QB for dessert.