Wisconsin

We still have to prove we can stop a single-minded rushing attack that just grinds it down the field and eats clock. If they can do that, shorten the game and we can't consistently get off the field without surrendering a number of chain moves every drive, it will be interesting.

(I do expect us to win however, and possibly handily, but my first paragraph is the one way they could keep it close)

It also seems to not have "quite" as much hype. Wiskys not playing as well, we dropped one, iys our second apperance etc...may help players relax more with less anticipation than last year. Wiyh that said I know everyone here is jacked and excited for eiskyto come in house, buy national attention seems less..thoughts?

Am I the only one with a bad feeling about this one? I think getting amped up for big games and then getting shitstomped the past few years has really lowered my expectations of being able to rise to the occasion.

I get what you're saying.....................we have a tendency to allow bad teams to get "back-on-track" by beating us because our history still allows these teams to say................."We beat Nebraska.............we're awesome now!"

I think the Huskers will win this one but a couple things make me nervous and could see Wisconsin pulling off the win.

1) Wisconsin's defense looks pretty good and it will be the best we have seen so far

2) Nebraska's defense at times struggles to stop the run

3) Under Pelini we always seem to lose one at home that we shouldn't

Hopefully it will be an exciting game and the Huskers can get the win.

This year their QB isn't a threat to run, and if he does (either O'Brien if they let him have the ball again or if Stave gets the call) I have confidence they'll contain him. If they unleash Eric Martin and just say, "KILL QUARTERBACK!" we should be OK.

I'm concerned with their running game, but this is where our D-Line depth will come in, and where Compton will have to shine. Doesn't matter if it's Ball or White or any other RB - they're all good, they'll all rip us if we aren't secure at the point of attack. Assignments, aggression and secure tackling - that's how we'll win this game.

Getting back to the QB - O'Brien and Stave appear to both be pocket passers. We may need to clear another spot on Bo's QB Graveyard. Stave started against UTEP and was a decent 12/17 for 210 yards, with one TD and one INT. That's not bad, until you consider that Andrew Manley of New Mexico State went 20/47 for 290 yards, 3 TDs and an INT against UTEP. This isn't a great UTEP defense.

I'm not terribly impressed with Wiscy's passing attack, and if we are able to load the box I'm more than happy to have them pound the ball at us all game long. We'll outscore them if they try that, and we'll rack up sacks and INTs if they try to beat us through the air.

If Taylor has a couple of good passing drives early, this should be a win.

• Fire 6

Reading what knapp just posted really helps me remain more confident in our team this weekend. They do well against passing QB's................not mobile QB's. Bo's defense seems to shut the passers down, but fails to adjust enough to stop the mobile QB's. Again I'm only nervous about OSU, Michigan, and Northwestern because of this............

Didn't Russell get us with roll out pump and ball

Fakes to get us in the air then take off. I said this a while ago. Russell Wilson was a once in a generation QB for Wisky. Good thing they only had him for a year! He is Seattles starter as a rookie. Must have been something there. Combine that with an excellent Oline and a stud RB and our loss to them at their place makes a little more sense! Or at least easier to accept.

Is it too late to change our minds on those goofy uniforms?

I still like em.

Speaking about the game though, this is a much different Wisconsin team than we faced last season. If we play sound football, tackle well, commit to the running game, don't commit penalties, and win the turnover battle, we will win this one by 2 TDs.

But then again, I just said the things that it takes to win just about any football game.

That's the thing, I think we'll be too distracted by trying to look pretty to do any of those things.

One thing I just thought of....

Having such a low opponent in ISU could be a big benefit for us. Sure, we game planned for them and I'm sure the coaches didn't have the team overlooking them, but I guarantee that the coaches were game planning for WI this last week more so than when we play a more quality opponent.

Couple that w the fact we added a few wrinkles on offense that we probably won't use againt WI, just to make them prepare for it, take up their practice time.

Its like we got an extra couple days of prep work because of the sched. This could be an advantage for us.

One thing I just thought of....

Having such a low opponent in ISU could be a big benefit for us. Sure, we game planned for them and I'm sure the coaches didn't have the team overlooking them, but I guarantee that the coaches were game planning for WI this last week more so than when we play a more quality opponent.

Couple that w the fact we added a few wrinkles on offense that we probably won't use againt WI, just to make them prepare for it, take up their practice time.

Its like we got an extra couple days of prep work because of the sched. This could be an advantage for us.

I see what you are saying, I also think that it could be something that hurts us too. Playing the level of ISU, they are slow and will be nothing like the athletes of wisconsin. So hopefully we didn't become acclimated to that pace of play and come out and get punched in the mouth against wisky. Obviously it's a stretch, but I think you understand my logic.