The Legacy of Tom Osborne

knapplc

Not to take away from his accomplishments, but Osborne only had one Heisman winner, Rozier.

If anything, that goes to show how remarkable Dr. Tom's accomplishments as a coach were. So many of the guys who played during his tenure were small-town Nebraska walk-ons who wanted nothing more than to come play football for Coach Osborne.

Not to take away from his accomplishments, but Osborne only had one Heisman winner, Rozier.

Wasn't Crouch recruited when Osborne was still at the helm?

Osborne was the Offensive Coordinator when Wingback Johnny "The Jet" Rodgers won his Heisman in 1972. It may be a bit of a stretch, but I'm willing to roll with it.

You guys can discuss exact dates all you want but I'm giving Osborne credit for being directly involved with all 3 Heismans. He was here and the OC when Rodgers got his and I'm sure that Crouch's decision to play here was highly based on, if not directly recruited while Tom was in charge, his involvement with the program. No need to nitpick this, TO was involved with all 3.