Northwestern-What will it take to beat them?

I say set the athletes on defense free. just let em loose. Davison said tonight he didnt think we did anything different after the 1st quarter but I disagree. We got complacent, plain and simple. I wanna see 4 quarters of heat. On offense? Can we just slow it down a tad. I know this no huddle crap is the big craze right now, but I think it really hurts the psych of our defense. I think it puts the tempo to a point that maybe even the defense just feels as if we're always in a dogfight or high pressure moment, that they just cant settle in. Slow it down a tad and lets start pounding away. it's middle of October, not supposed to throw the ball anyway.

This is now college football in a nutshell. It's not a team sport anymore. It's a track meet. Our best athletes are on the offensive side of the ball. Our defenders are built to run the 1600. We need some 50 and 100m guys on the defensive side of the ball too.

I believe it'll take a congenital heart defect felling Kain Coulter before the game begins.

I hope this doesn't happen, mind you. That would be terrible. For Kain.

Coulter isn't their starting qb. That was one of the complaints from NW fans. They said Coulter should've played more-if he had they would've beaten Penn State.

We have 2 weeks to prepare our revenge on a team that came to our house, and beat us last year, (and shouldn't have! IMO) I'm still on the bandwagon for this team, but if they cant come out with their asses on fire after that , i may just fall off.

Offense - Limit turnovers, Beat them down with the run game, Pass to keep em honest

Defense - Nothing fancy, Beat the guy in front of you, find ball carrier, finish the play

Nebraska can control the line of scrimmage in that game. Run the ball all game long and it should be a Husker win. Also Colter didn't play much QB vs. Penn St. If they stick with their other guy(don't remember his name) it will be a big help for us.

The guy is Trevor Siemian, 6'-3 and 223 lbs. Strong arm and kinda quick but not as fast as Colter. Mostly passing. The PSU vs. NW stats: Siemian 21-36-0 and surprisingly Colter 0-0-0 (no pass attempt). Rushing: Colter 5 carries 24 yards, Siemien 4 carries 14 yards.

I predict Colter will carry at least 20 and 250 yards against Huskers. Final score: 70 points to 69, either way.

I feel that it is pretty sad, when we "wonder" how we can beat Northwestern.

It's freaking Northwestern for crying out loud. This is the Iowa St. of the B1G. When playing Northwestern, it should never be, "how will we win" but should be "how many points will we win by".

I feel that it is pretty sad, when we "wonder" how we can beat Northwestern.

It's freaking Northwestern for crying out loud. This is the Iowa St. of the B1G. When playing Northwestern, it should never be, "how will we win" but should be "how many points will we win by".

You are living in the past my friend. Northwestern is the NU of the B1G. Not us. They are a better football program than us at the moment. They have scoreboard on us. They rank in the conference higher than us. They are going to be favored. NU --- as in Nebraska --- is a shadow of what it once was as a program --- the weakest (or near the weakest) it has been in the past 50 years. Northwestern is near, if not at, its 50 year high point. It is tough to admit it as a 30-year husker fan... but it is more likely that the Huskers lose against Northwestern than it is to exit with a victory.

The Huskers have earned zero respect in the B1G --- and cannot be viewed as one of the top 5 current programs in the conference. Until we win something... anything... our fans need to drop the attitude. We are what 56-51 against BCS teams the immediate past. With that reality, our fans should not be overly bold proclaiming expected victories against... well... against almost anyone.

• Fire 1

Pound the rock. Get the fullback into the game. We have a stable of more than capable RB's, use them. Don't make Martinez into a drop back passer. Keep him in rhthym with play action passes. I wouldn't mind at all if Cross got 5-10 carries this game. NW may be a pretty decent team, but I highly doubt they have the depth to play a full four quarters of smash mouth football.

Limit turnovers and do all we can to prevent it to be a shootout game. Defense needs to show up, and after OSU completely exploiting us, I hope Pelini and Papuchis are able to make some drastic changes. IE pulling some defense players red shirts, like Afalava. We need faster LB's who can tackle.

We all complain about tackling, but its something you really can't teach, as contact is limited in practice. Its either there or its not, or you learn while on the field, which is difficult and can be demoralizing at the same time. So....

Keys to victory:

Accountability

Execution

No snowball effect

Tackle

Limit turnovers

Cover on defense & don't cause useless penalties

Discipline the O-line & don't cause senseless false starts or holding to make us 2nd and 30.

Play more physical than the opponent.