Is Taylor Martinez as good as Braxton Miller and Denard Robinson?

Said it a few weeks ago and I'll reiterate it here: Taylor is going to end up on my (admittedly long) list of favorite Huskers.

People don't appreciate how banged up that kid was, playing in the Big 12 championship game against Oklahoma. (As a Freshman, no less.) Has TWO injuries that, alone, often sideline guys for substantial periods of time. So Taylor has a rough game, especially in the second half, and takes a bunch of bad sacks. Well...the truth is, he couldn't really run. He probably shouldn't have even been out there, but we simply had no other options.

A deluge of criticism follows, "deer in the headlights" claims. If that's me, I'd have a damn strong urge to say "listen, I was significantly injured, and I gutted it out. So save it, ingrates." Taylor never said a single word. Just endured it, and hasn't done much since other than take exponential leaps in growth, decision making, and passing accuracy.

Some Nebraska players just seem to draw the ire of fans more than others. Like Jammal Lord was endlessly underappreciated in my opinion (another incredibly tough kid,) so it seems with Taylor. I admit to falling for the character fault claims his first year, which was folly because I witnessed none of those alleged events.

Taylor is a gamer. Pelini gets in his face at A@M, and everyone nationally makes a big deal out of it, but Martinez doesn't sulk for a minute. I'm a huge Taylor Martinez fan.

For the record, I think he's better than Robinson right now, more consistent at this stage in his career, and there is no reason to think he won't continue to improve as he has.

Miller is a special athlete. He approaches rarified air in terms of athleticism, at least in the games I've watched. I'll still take Taylor 'cause I like the kid. I think he's got a ton of heart.

Agree!!!!

If we are just looking at running ability, I'll have to take Miller even though Martinez is good.

But, if you somehow have the ability to contain both of them, I will take Martinez as the more complete QB that can beat you with the pass if the running gets shut down.

Both of them are better than Robinson.

Denard Robinson is a heralded senior who routinely gets roasted for his poor decisions by the Wolverine faithful. Our guy isn't perfect, but he's definitely in the mix of exciting and occasionally maddening college QBs and we should go ahead and feel lucky.

The last two drives against Northwestern were pretty electric, but I think I was even more impressed with the two plays Taylor engineered on a 3rd and 17 and 3rd and 22 that got wiped out by penalties. That was some stone cold quarterbacking and word is Taylor's vocal irritation about the penalties fired up the O for the next two series, where they were nearly flawless.

Denard Robinson is a heralded senior who routinely gets roasted for his poor decisions by the Wolverine faithful. Our guy isn't perfect, but he's definitely in the mix of exciting and occasionally maddening college QBs and we should go ahead and feel lucky.

The last two drives against Northwestern were pretty electric, but I think I was even more impressed with the two plays Taylor engineered on a 3rd and 17 and 3rd and 22 that got wiped out by penalties. That was some stone cold quarterbacking and word is Taylor's vocal irritation about the penalties fired up the O for the next two series, where they were nearly flawless.

I vividly remember the 25 yard frozen rope hitch INTO COVERAGE to Turner that was call back in that sequence.

Taylor is as good and probably a little better than Dennard... Taylor isn't as good as Braxton. Braxton is a better runner, maybe not faster but the guy can make multiple people miss on a single run. Taylor doesn't have the cutting ability Braxton does. Also, Baxton makes better decisions during crunch time i think!

10-06-03-FB-0145-BM1.jpg

I think we're mixing up our shifty tOSU QBs. Terrelle Pryor traded ink for autographs (and memorabilia?). Not Braxton. But Braxton Miller does sport some sweet tOSU ink, as per the pic above. I think he got those tats *before* he showed up in Columbus. Not sure how he paid for it. But I don't think he's been accused of any infractions for the ink.

Oh, and for the record, Braxton is a helluva good athlete. He could play for most any team. At a couple of positions. I wouldn't trade T-Magic for him though. Taylor is about as good a field general as there is when the game is on the line in the bottom of the 4th qtr.

miller took free tattoos in exchange for signing with osu who is now ineligible for anything until turkey-neck gets them the death penalty

Huh? Are you letting blind hate for a school and coach get in your way of the truth?

You can't take someone seriously with a sig like that

Nice call. didnt notice it until you mentioned it. Thinking like that is why we have what we have.

• Fire 3

miller took free tattoos in exchange for signing with osu who is now ineligible for anything until turkey-neck gets them the death penalty

Huh? Are you letting blind hate for a school and coach get in your way of the truth?

You can't take someone seriously with a sig like that

Nice call. didnt notice it until you mentioned it. Thinking like that is why we have what we have.

Speaking of sigs, accountability's sig gave me a seizure.