I smell ROSES!!!!

Agreed, if we should happen to get to the Rose Bowl, facing a pissed off Oregon would give Nebraska its worst loss in history I am afraid. Nothing good could come from playing Oregon. They would dominate us like we did the Kent States in the 90's.

Could not be a worse game for us. I would be on board for SC or UCLA, but I think they can take Oregon State or Stanford ahead of both if they are ranked higher. If they lose Oregon, they have their choice, which could end up being KState.

Safety valve.

I guaranteed root for Buckeyes in the final game, November 24th, tOSU vs. Michigan. I hope Urban crew will be a bowl atmosphere because sanctions thing. By the way, this game will play in Columbus ("Shoe").

Legends: Obviously not clinched but almost for sure, Huskers or MeeChickens

Leaders: Again, not clinched but very close, Wisky

Oh BTW, Phil Steele is way off. Phil's prediction was Purdue champs in Leaders conference.

I would think that if Oregon makes the title game (which I don't think they will) against Alabama the Rose Bowl would take Notre Dame over USC/UCLA. The Rose has first choice this year don't they, I would think the Golden Domers would be the most attractive team available.

But like most have said, while it's fun to speculate, this team is still very inconsistent. They are the pefect example of a team that does have to go one game at a time. We can (and should) win out, but every game left is also a loseable one (even as bad as Iowa is).

We're speculating too. Generally when a bowl loses its team to the NCG they pick one from the same conference. Illinois got the Rose bowl that one year they were eligible. and the Big10 gets two bids anyway.

So if Oregon gets in the NCG over us, the Rose Bowl would probably take the next best Pac team. I'm curious if its UCLA or USC because one would have beaten the other but lost in the PAC title game.

If you're smelling roses then you need to be the world's biggest Oregon fan from here on out. If they drop a game and we make the Rose Bowl guess who we'd be playing?

USC on the other hand would be a much more favorable opponent. Old-fashioned pro-style dropback offense.

Agree. I think we'd have a chance against them.

I would think that if Oregon makes the title game (which I don't think they will) against Alabama the Rose Bowl would take Notre Dame over USC/UCLA. The Rose has first choice this year don't they, I would think the Golden Domers would be the most attractive team available.

But like most have said, while it's fun to speculate, this team is still very inconsistent. They are the pefect example of a team that does have to go one game at a time. We can (and should) win out, but every game left is also a loseable one (even as bad as Iowa is).

We're speculating too. Generally when a bowl loses its team to the NCG they pick one from the same conference. Illinois got the Rose bowl that one year they were eligible. and the Big10 gets two bids anyway.

So if Oregon gets in the NCG over us, the Rose Bowl would probably take the next best Pac team. I'm curious if its UCLA or USC because one would have beaten the other but lost in the PAC title game.

Oregon State.

Oregon State.

Oregon State = Pretenders

I say Stanford

I didn't realize a post on a message board had an effect on the season. Better lock it up before we jinx the season.

Isn't it worth taking every precaution? I mean, the kids do read these boards or hear about them secondhand.

Plus, after all the unchecked hubris and predictions of a UCLA blowout prior to that debacle, we saw what happens when we get too high on a team.

This thread is pushing the roller coaster to the top of the hill. I didn't buy a ticket for this ride. One game at a time with expectations for improvement on each outing. Wins will follow.

This.

And if Oregon makes the title game (I'm thinking its likely--Bama may lose one yet, and K-Stste is due for their annual choke job), I'm thinking we could see a Big XII team (Oklahoma?) or SEC team (South Carolina again?).

Why? The blue bloods will already be pitching a hissyfit if Nebraska makes it, and the Big 10 champ isn't going to have much heft to the title. The Rose Bowl may as well double down for TV ratings and go with a matchup that has political intrigue (Big XII vs Nebraska) or that can get a fan base that's never been to the Rose Bowl energized.

And yes, our B1G brethren will be pissed, as well as the PAC-12. But these bowls are now about ratings and making money above tradition now...par for the course in a post-realignment NCAA Football world.

Assuming Nebraska does actually make it to the Rose Bowl...

Hope Oregon wins out and plays for the National Title, clearing a spot in the Rose.

The Rose is not obligated to take the next team from a conference if one team move to the champ game.

USC will not be an option if this happens, no way a team with 3 or 4 losses makes a BCS game. They play Oregon and ND still.'

Oregon State is the next option, and they would have a late season loss to Oregon, and the BCS tends to not take teams that lost the last game they played.

Odds are KSU wins out, or even at 1 loss, they make a BCS game. Is KSU vs NU that attractive to TV? Not really.

OU winning out makes a better TV game.

ND is all but in a BCS game, they have one real game left vs USC at home. My money would be ND vs NU. TV ratings that may even eclipse the Title Game.

Hope Oregon wins out and plays for the National Title, clearing a spot in the Rose.

The Rose is not obligated to take the next team from a conference if one team move to the champ game.

USC will not be an option if this happens, no way a team with 3 or 4 losses makes a BCS game. They play Oregon and ND still.'

Oregon State is the next option, and they would have a late season loss to Oregon, and the BCS tends to not take teams that lost the last game they played.

Odds are KSU wins out, or even at 1 loss, they make a BCS game. Is KSU vs NU that attractive to TV? Not really.

ND is all but in a BCS game, they have one real game left vs USC at home. My money would be ND vs NU. TV ratings that may even eclipse the Title Game.

That was my thought for my original post. I think the Rose would draw a better crowd with Notre Dame than they would with USC/UCLA. We've seen that the Bruins won't fill the stadium and outside of the title game, Notre Dame is still one of the very biggest (if not biggest) draws in college football. I really don't even see Oregon State as much of an option at this point. I don't know how they travel, but they certainly won't add the prestige factor. I still think the Rose takes the marque matchup if it's available.

Are you sure about that? Not challenging, I just don't know. I was under the impression that if Oregon (as an example) won the Pac 12 and moved on the the BCS game, then USC or whoever finished second filled in the Rose Bowl ??

Are you sure about that? Not challenging, I just don't know. I was under the impression that if Oregon (as an example) won the Pac 12, then USC or whoever finished second filled in the Rose Bowl ??

I think the rose can take a PAC 12 team provided they qualify(top16 BCS).