Fastest B1G Quarterback

GSG

Who's the fastest B1G QB?  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi praised Nebraska’s Taylor Martinez after Nebraska beat the Spartans on Saturday, saying he was faster than Michigan quarterback Denard Robinson.

When U-M defensive coordinator Greg Mattison was asked about that Tuesday, he gave an emphatic answer.

“Not even close,” Mattison said. “If they ran a race today, (Martinez) wouldn’t even get in the medal round.”

http://www.freep.com/article/20121107/SPORTS06/311070073/Ticker-Taylor-Martinez-not-even-close-to-Michigan-s-Denard-Robinson?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Michigan%20Wolverines

Who's your pick?

tmagic.jpg

Shoelace.jpg

Pre injury I would give it to Taylor hands down in the 100. Robinson thinks he can run with Bolt to the 40, so he maybe a tad quicker, far more elusive.

But Taylor has never fully recovered from his two injuries, and may never.

Today if I hat to put money on it, due to injuries I would go with Robinson.

But I sure would not trade TMart for Robinson in any circumstance.

One thing you know with Taylor, if his friggen feet are falling off, he is going to keep going. Love that kid!!!!

• Fire 1

Voted Martinez in the 40 and Robinson in the 100. Magic might be able to hold him off in the 40 with his fast start, but robinson would blow by him shortly after. Taylor cant hold his speed, but gets up to speed faster then anyone ive ever seen.

Voted Martinez in the 40 and Robinson in the 100. Magic might be able to hold him off in the 40 with his fast start, but robinson would blow by him shortly after. Taylor cant hold his speed, but gets up to speed faster then anyone ive ever seen.

I voted the opposite. I thought Robinson was faster out of the gate.

Pre injury I would give it to Taylor hands down in the 100. Robinson thinks he can run with Bolt to the 40, so he maybe a tad quicker, far more elusive.

But Taylor has never fully recovered from his two injuries, and may never.

Today if I hat to put money on it, due to injuries I would go with Robinson.

But I sure would not trade TMart for Robinson in any circumstance.

One thing you know with Taylor, if his friggen feet are falling off, he is going to keep going. Love that kid!!!!

Robinson thinks he can run with Bolt!!! I would bet everything I own that Bolt beats Robinson at every point in a race and does so by a great deal.

A healthy TMart may be close to or even with Robinson in the 40... but not now or any time post injury. Robinson is a little faster and much more elusive. TMart is a better QB, is tougher, and is not delusional --- he has never claimed to be able to run faster than Usain Bolt.

As for Miller... he is probably faster than TMart too... but again, not by much. He is certainly more elusive... and , as good as TMart is, Miller is a better QB.

In all this, TMart should be proud... he is close in speed to the other two (who, like TMart are insanely fast for a QB). And again... I'd take him over Robinson & about 90% of all other college QB's as a QB (and as a track star) ... but not over Miller.