So who really believed that we would go 6-0 after the OSU game?

Apathy

After the 63-38 lose to Ohio State, Bo Pelini addressed the media that we needed to win out. In order to win out we needed to beat these 6 teams which were:

@ Northwestern

Michigan

@ Michigan State

Penn State

Minnesota

@ Iowa

I honestly didn't think we would win out because we failed to show up against UCLA allowing over 600+ total yards and then got blown out at tOSU a few weeks later. Nebraska had a tough 4 game stretch with NW, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State but to say we'll go 6-0 after the Ohio State game was nuts. I had us losing to NW, Michigan, and Michigan State and winning the last three games.

So now be honest how many of you actually thought we would've finished 6-0 after the Ohio State blow out?

I thought we would've gone 4-2, 5-1 possibly with a little luck and playing more complete games. I love that they found a way to win out but I have not been overly enamored with the manner in which they went about it. We're still our own worst enemy. I do not feel any team has beaten us this season but rather that we beat ourselves. I still feel like if we played up to our potential for 85%t plus of a game, we could hang with all but two or three teams in the country. That is why it is so discouraging, even in victory, to watch them constantly shoot themselves in the foot. It has made for some nerve racking games however. You can't ever count this bunch out and that quality is worth something.

I had serious doubts, because of our tendency to shoot ourselves in the foot. But then I remembered watching Big 10 football for the last 30 years. You don't have to be great, just good.

Not to take anything away from the accomplishments of this group, it has been great and great to watch. I feel so good for the seniors and what they've done and I really think we're heading in the right direction. Can't say I've ever enjoyed a football season more than this one. I'm just a Big 10 hater, sitting in the middle of it in Wisconsin.

I thought we would. Having PSU and MU at home. NW was a win. Minn was a win. MSU, we squeezed by, but we were better, no doubt. IU, lol.

My mantra this yr has been: Not too high, not too low.

tOSU was pretty bad, but all we had to do was win one at a time. We finally, under Bo, just played each play-each qtr-each half-and each game as it came. Nothing more, nothing less. In 10 yrs, we may remember the roller coaster, but what is written in history is that we went 10-2 in the regular season. That's it.

I seriously thought we would lose one more. That it would be either Michigan or Michigan St. My original prediction before the season was a 10-2 regular season, with a loss at Ohio St and splitting the Michigan, Michigan St game. Of course, like many, I was questioning bowl eligibility as my remote was making contact with my wall early 4th qtr of the Northwestern game.

I thought we would lose at least 4 more. Very glad I was wrong, but still am not as confident as others in those victories. Shakey at best. But the kids never quit, gave all they had to make those comebacks. I was more disappointed in todays game than any of the others, but I am going with the weather caused it.

I had this being a really bad year, they have proven me wrong for sure. And I and glad they did!!!!