The other one with the blue undershirt...

JTrain

Rex's (full) return  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You 10 (for now) guys are nuts for thinking Burkhead will out-rush Ball. Our RB that has been hurt all year and will likely split time between 3 other guys vs. an all-time rusher in an offense that really has no other choices, playing against a beat-up/depleated D-line? But then again, I'm just another crazy guy saying crazy things on a message board.

You 10 (for now) guys are nuts for thinking Burkhead will out-rush Ball. Our RB that has been hurt all year and will likely split time between 3 other guys vs. an all-time rusher in an offense that really has no other choices, playing against a beat-up/depleated D-line? But then again, I'm just another crazy guy saying crazy things on a message board.

That's just it. We have such a diverse offense, that he can run 20 times and get well over 125 yds of total offense with his receiving yards. And the injury issue I think was answered last week, when he took the Iowa defense for a ride with no problems. Ball may be a great back, but he is playing on a depleted offense. His QB is mediocre, allowing our d to stack the box and let our DB's play tight Coverage. And we stopped him pretty well the first time. Less than 100 yards of total offense, gaining a sad 3 ypc. We all know he is a bruiser, but I think Pelini has got the Wisconsin offense figured out. Collapse the pocket and contain Ball inside of that pocket. Our DB's are the best in the nation for a reason.

I just hope with Baker out and our dinged up guys we can still pull it out, we are really lucky Rome stayed. We are facing a different quarterback who is older and doing better than Stave was. They have a little more passing threat this time, I think it will be another close one but I don't think we have the luxury of giving them as big a lead this time.

As much as I hate to say it, I actually agree with this.

I want so badly for Rex to single-handedly shred Wisconsin's defense and show the nation that he's just as good as Montee Ball when he's 100%. I just don't think it's going to happen that way.

I think Rex is going to do what he does. It is going to be a little different for Ameer to be coming off the bench, so to speak. I can see him just running with a passion. I hope there is ZERO drop off all the way through our running back stable. That has to be exhausting for a defense.

As much as I hate to say it, I actually agree with this.

I want so badly for Rex to single-handedly shred Wisconsin's defense and show the nation that he's just as good as Montee Ball when he's 100%. I just don't think it's going to happen that way.

I think it will, but with Rex receiving out of the backfield; as much as Ameer is an excellent RB, Rex seems to be better at catching passes out of the backfield.

That's how I think he'll get more offense than Montee Ball.