Coaching Changes?

Bo doesn't need to be fired, he needs to fire some of his assistant coaches and his D.C. If he can get the right people around him, he'll be successful.

Do you actually think he'd fire his buddies?

I'd be shocked.

He already has, hasn't he? Watson, Carl?

Watson wasn't really "his" guy, and that was a mutually agreed upon departure. Carl took a head coaching position.

Yeah that isn't why Carl left actually lol

Bo doesn't need to be fired, he needs to fire some of his assistant coaches and his D.C. If he can get the right people around him, he'll be successful.

I'd be shocked.

Watson wasn't really "his" guy, and that was a mutually agreed upon departure. Carl took a head coaching position.

Still wasn't Bo's hand that pushed it.

I'd be shocked.

Sure, but he still wasn't fired.

I honestly question whether or not Bo has the balls to fire guys that aren't working out. It's doubly difficult since he fills his coaching staff up with his buddies.

I agree with the thought of making assistant changes. I think back to Solich after the 7-7 season. He made some tough decisions on some close friends but the next year, we won 10 games.

I don't agree with getting rid of Bo. I shutter every time I think back to the last time the Huskers fired a coach with a .700 win percentage

Yeah let's just hang out in the mediocrity pool....we can't do better. Defeatism at its finest. We are Nebraska and we deserve better. Our defensive guru couldn't figure out how to stop a crappy offense last night

He should be afforded the opportunity to make necessary staff changes if any. If the end result next year is at or below this year then the AD should take a long look at what to do next. And also, 9-10 wins a year is. Of mediocrity. Callahack was mediocrity or worse. Pelini is doing okay. Next season is where we see where we are headed.

I agree with the thought of making assistant changes. I think back to Solich after the 7-7 season. He made some tough decisions on some close friends but the next year, we won 10 games.

I don't agree with getting rid of Bo. I shutter every time I think back to the last time the Huskers fired a coach with a .700 win percentage

Yeah let's just hang out in the mediocrity pool....we can't do better. Defeatism at its finest. We are Nebraska and we deserve better. Our defensive guru couldn't figure out how to stop a crappy offense last night

He should be afforded the opportunity to make necessary staff changes if any. If the end result next year is at or below this year then the AD should take a long look at what to do next. And also, 9-10 wins a year is. Of mediocrity. Callahack was mediocrity or worse. Pelini is doing okay. Next season is where we see where we are headed.

34-19 against BCS teams and 8-11 vs top 25

Osborne lost 7 straight bowl games, didn't win a NC for 22 years, and lost to OU many times. And he took over a NC winning team. What did Pelini take over?

Osborne lost 7 straight bowl games, didn't win a NC for 22 years, and lost to OU many times. And he took over a NC winning team. What did Pelini take over?

TO first 5 years against major conference teams

46-13-2 record against top 25 13-8

What did Frank take over? We can play this game all day. Bo took over a loaded roster. Suh being a big cog. Callahan left the cupboard full not empty. Please never compare TO to Bo it is an insult to TO

I believe Bo has what it takes, if he's willing to get some actual O-line, D-line, and LB coaching.

The skills positions are all well-tuned. Martinez still has troubles, but he'll be excellent next season. Abdullah, Heard, Cross...awesome. Bell and Turner are great. Secondary is fine.

But that front line...what Nebraska used to pride itself on...

Horrible.

Bo turned Callys guys into NFL players. They had the talent but Bo is the one that got them to where they are at.

And now he has little to no NFL talent with HIS guys on defense

We had an excellent recruiter who couldn't coach them up worth a sh#t. He got fired and everybody screamed for a guy who could coach kids up and was defensive minded.

Now that we have that, everybody wants something different. I'm getting there also, but I would like to see what Bo can do in the next year or 2 with better athletes on defense because we don't have jack for talent on that side of the ball. Ciante and Caveman are awesome, Compton, Ankrah, Steinkuhler, and Stafford are solid. But as a whole, the talent pool is totally depleted on our defense and it shows BAD.

Bo turned Callys guys into NFL players. They had the talent but Bo is the one that got them to where they are at.

And now he has little to no NFL talent with HIS guys on defense

We had an excellent recruiter who couldn't coach them up worth a sh#t. He got fired and everybody screamed for a guy who could coach kids up and was defensive minded.

Now that we have that, everybody wants something different.

Last night was an example of a defensive minded coach who can coach kids up?

lol

I'd be shocked.

Watson was as much Bo's guy as Barney is

Bo does not fire guys, he relocates them. Maybe instead of looking for a new job himself he's been out trying to find a new home for Barney and Pap?