Would You Support a Bowl Game in Memorial Stadium?

308_Husker

Support for Bowl Game in Lincoln  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With inspiration from tonight's bowl game in Boise, ID, I got to thinking. How many of you around Lincoln would be willing to watch a bowl game in Memorial Stadium?

It would probably be a lower tier bowl game with lower tier opponents, but I think it would be a fun event for the city knowing how fervent the town of Lincoln is about college football

Hell ya!! It would be awesome. Unfortunately i think bowls will soon be dwindling instead of growing in numbers. But i really think nebraska people would fill out alot of seats not occupied by teams playing fans. Could be huge money maker!! Surprised hasnt been looked at before.

I would support it as long as they would do a good job with it. I always hate the game in Boise because they still have all their logos on the field. At least give the teams their identity it's supposed to be a big deal for them. Although I'm sure that wouldn't sit well with many Husker fans. Hopefully it would have a descent name but I'm too scared it would be the "Corn Bowl" it's sad Nebraska isn't known for much "The Arbor Day Bowl" and "Good Life Bowl" don't sound real great either. But if it would just be two 6-6 or 7-5 teams playing in it every year just call it "Fairbury Brand Presents: The Wiener Bowl"

It all sounds good now, but I doubt it would draw the type of crowds it would need, after the newness wore off. They tried that in Tucson, which has about 1 mil in and around the county. The weather is suited for one here, but unless Ariz was in it, it couldn't draw the interest it needed. I went to the last one here, BC and Col, could have put everyone on one side of field, and still have room to stretch out. I can't see Husker fans driving from all over the state, to spend their hard earned dollars, in that kind of weather, unless it is the Huskers playing, and that would mean, we had a bad season.

GBR!!!

If the State of Nebraska really wanted to try a bowl game, I think the best bet would be at TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha. Easy in and out for teams and fans. Omaha is more "tourist friendly". Ballpark should still be set up for Nighthawk games if the UFL sticks around. It it a 30,000 seat stadium compared to 80,000.

That said, I don't believe any city in Nebraska can or ever will successfully host a bowl game unless the Huskers are there. And none of us want that...