DT Ben Bradley [Auburn Commit]

corncraze

Isn't there a DT out of Utah that was First Team All JUCO that we can go after? I don't remember his name at the moment. Is he still available? When could he sign a LOI?

We gauged his interest, he went to Oregon State. I wasn't a fan. There's a kid from Cali as well we are looking at and haven't offered. He's on the skinnyth side.

Ofa Hautau was the name of th kid. Just saw it in rivals database when I was checking to see Collins' rating.

Is the Cali kid JUCO or HS EZ? If its a reach and he's not a good get I'd think the staff would be good wit just Collins and Maurice this cycle. Is this not the case?

As scary as our depth is right now, between VV, Curry, and th two Dom this year, we have finally gotten some really solid DTs for the future. VV was always a beast, but I personally had concerns about how soon Curry could contribute. Seemed a bit undersized at first to me, but hell we walked into his commit a** backward by hiring Kaz so can't complain. And if my memory serves he was mentioned to get PT before VV this year.

What do you make of these four? Do a quick ranking of them?

Isn't there a DT out of Utah that was First Team All JUCO that we can go after? I don't remember his name at the moment. Is he still available? When could he sign a LOI?

We gauged his interest, he went to Oregon State. I wasn't a fan. There's a kid from Cali as well we are looking at and haven't offered. He's on the skinny side.

Whos the cali kid? And who do you think we get as a jugo dt this year? Couldnt pm ya for some reason.

I really hope we don't take a JUCO just to take a JUCO. We will have more bodies this season with the guys healthy. I don't think we will suffer the same amount of blows at the DT position. Unless we are cursed like Iowa and RBs

We gauged his interest, he went to Oregon State. I wasn't a fan. There's a kid from Cali as well we are looking at and haven't offered. He's on the skinnyth side.

Ofa Hautau was the name of th kid. Just saw it in rivals database when I was checking to see Collins' rating.

Is the Cali kid JUCO or HS EZ? If its a reach and he's not a good get I'd think the staff would be good wit just Collins and Maurice this cycle. Is this not the case?

As scary as our depth is right now, between VV, Curry, and th two Dom this year, we have finally gotten some really solid DTs for the future. VV was always a beast, but I personally had concerns about how soon Curry could contribute. Seemed a bit undersized at first to me, but hell we walked into his commit a** backward by hiring Kaz so can't complain. And if my memory serves he was mentioned to get PT before VV this year.

Know I'm not EZ but ranking these 4 I would go as follows:

1a. Curry

1b. Valentine

3. Collins

4. Juice

• Fire 1

We gauged his interest, he went to Oregon State. I wasn't a fan. There's a kid from Cali as well we are looking at and haven't offered. He's on the skinny side.

Whos the cali kid? And who do you think we get as a jugo dt this year? Couldnt pm ya for some reason.

I really hope we don't take a JUCO just to take a JUCO. We will have more bodies this season with the guys healthy. I don't think we will suffer the same amount of blows at the DT position. Unless we are cursed like Iowa and RBs

Lately its seemed like our dts are cursed. I agree, wouldnt take one just to take one but i think there are still a couple guys out there we would take other than BB or TC.

1a. Curry

1b. Valentine

3. Collins

4. Juice

Thx Hedley. Appreciate it.

I'd personally have VV ahead of Curry probably, but until they play and we see it on the field. It is really a moot point.

You don't seem to piss me off as much as the rest of the board. You did in the beginning, but you've gotten loads better IMO.

1a. Curry

1b. Valentine

3. Collins

4. Juice

Thx Hedley. Appreciate it.

I'd personally have VV ahead of Curry probably, but until they play and we see it on the field. It is really a moot point.

You don't seem to piss me off as much as the rest of the board. You did in the beginning, but you've gotten loads better IMO.

Hedley is correct. Curry was running well ahead of VV in practice until he got hurt.

And most on here are talking about A Moss being a DE but i swear i heard something about moving him to DT. I might be crazy but does anyone else remember hearing this?

Moss is a DE with no chance of moving inside IMO. IIRC some people on this board messed around with the thought of Mcmullen (spelling?) moving inside, but I do not think there was ever any coach talk of it.

1a. Curry

1b. Valentine

3. Collins

4. Juice

Hedley is right with the above. Here's the Cali kid http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Demetrius-Campbell-138372;_ylt=AoNHyGz2HJ6ZoxKXzdWGiXZgs5B4. IMO, if he gets an offer, Devon Nash should be very upset.

Where is Guy and Williams on this list Guy was big, but Williams who is undersized seemed to be disruptive. I am wondering if that list could change if Williams was able to add 20 lbs.

Williams got hurt and Guy is in a buffet line

Yup. I still have high hopes for Williams. Just needs to put on some good weight now that he's getting healthy. Guy is looking like a lost cause.

Not ready to give up on Guy yet. Suh could have been considered a bust before his junior year.

I wouldn't go that far, though obviously he made amazing progress after his sophomore year. I'd say he was an average player but legitimate starter before pelini got here. Hard to call that a bust.

Guy, on the other hand, couldn't find his way on the field when we basically ran out of DTs this year. He wouldn't be the first to suddenly have a light come on, but he's obviously got a ways to go, starting with getting in shape.

Not ready to give up on Guy yet. Suh could have been considered a bust before his junior year.

I wouldn't go that far, though obviously he made amazing progress after his sophomore year. I'd say he was an average player but legitimate starter before pelini got here. Hard to call that a bust.

Guy, on the other hand, couldn't find his way on the field when we basically ran out of DTs this year. He wouldn't be the first to suddenly have a light come on, but he's obviously got a ways to go, starting with getting in shape.

I agree I just don't expect much at this point but who knows what might motivate a guy just like Yoshi two years ago. I think of the guys on the Dline that are older, Vestal has the best chance of asking an impact. He seems to pick things up and do well then he gets hurt and that sets him back for a while. I think if he stays healthy he's our depth and could sneak up the chart.