WR James Clark [Ohio State - Signed NLI]

Ed Helms

CJax is a safety and Rose will be a CB. I expect Harvey Jackson to start opposite of CJax. I predict that Cooper either moves to LB, or leaves the program. That last part is a gut feeling based on a few things.

So what is it EZ, is he just not as talented as we all thought, not motivated or just not getting it upstairs?

You've got mail. Plus, Justin Blatchford was playing in the secondary before he was.

Cooper started the bowl game, or entered the fray rather quickly as. A LB

I am hearing a different tone than EZ lately in his regard.

Rose is a MUCH better cover corner than Ciante. Should/will start over him. SJB mans the other side with Andrew.

I still really dislike taking CJax from corner, but if it gets him on the field and his play making ability I can get over it very quickly. Singleton will be a force, said that when he was coming out of high school.

And for the love of Pat. Ricketts quit saying to move Moore from WR. The reason Joseph said what he did is because none of the current DBs can cover our take him. Always have said he will make defenses hate life

• Fire 1

Interestingly, this morning on the radio, they were claiming that we shouldn't be surprised if Moore didn't jump over Westerkamp on the depth chart.

I agree. WR isn't a huge need right now but we should still take someone this good if there is room in the class.

Because WR is so loaded and the DB crew is not (at least in youg DB's), I'd like to see several WR go over to the DB crew. Moore was a standout HS safety (or corner, can not remember which). So was Tariq Allen. These two, at the least, should switch over to the defense where we are in desperate need of athletes. With the RB position stacked too... take a young one and move them to the defense as well. I hate to see positions w/o great athletes and then other positions with so many athletes that great athletes never see the field being buried in the depth charts. Spread that speed and athleticism over as many positions as possible.

We do have quite a bit of talent in the defensive backfield as well. Green, Jean-Baptiste, Evans, Rose, Mitchell, Jackson, Cooper. I realize that there is little experience at safety but I would think defensively, that DB is the least of our concerns.

It is interesting to me how there seems to be more talk growing of us moving to 3-4. I have no inside sources but seems that more people have brought this up in the last 2-3 wks. Is this just talk or is there a possibility of the change?

I completely disagree that DB is the least of our concers, paricularly at CB, for the remainder of this recruiting class. In fact, I believe CB ought to be one of the top, if not THE top priority as we close out this year's recruiting cycle. Of the depth you mentioned above, every pure CB prospect except for Mitchell graduates after this next season. The coaches have been talking about Jackson possibly being a safety, and unless I'm mistaken, I think it's an open question as to whether Rose will be a safety or CB. I'd like to see enough depth at CB that the coaches can put Rose and Jackson at whatever position they will best thrive in rather than having their hands forced by depth issues.

Safety is a whole other animal. We are already losing all of our most experienced players this year, but we are much deeper in unproven/semi-proven young player with potentially high upside (Cooper, Walker, Alexander, McWilson, Gerry, Singleton, maybe Rose, maybe Jackson).

Considering we often play at least three CBs at a time in passing situations, and we don't even have three known scholarship players at CB come 2014 and none yet in this recruiting class, I don't know how it could be considered " the least of out worries."

As far as moving some WR to CB, I'm all for it. I don't like the idea of coaches recruiting a player at one position, then telling them they have to switch once they are here. I'd like to see the moves be voluntary, allowing the free market to work its magic. If a WR doesn't see a whole lot of PT in their future and wants to move to a position with less depth, let them.

But we are stacked at corner going into next season. As far as the immediate future goes, we're set.

Also, you forgot Harvey Jackson on your list of safeties. And who is Walker??? If you mean Dom Walker from this year, he's a WR.

I'd imagine CJax steals a starting spot next year. This kid is THAT athletic. You saw flashes in his ST play this year... He laid the wood and was always near the ball. I'm really REALLY glad he worked so hard to qualify and get on the team. He's just pure football player and I think he's got a HELL of a future ahead of him.

I would think that Rose perhaps gets moved to S this next season to get him on the field, if he is as good as advertised. This move may be out of necessity just to put the best athletes on the field. I could see him starting at the other safety spot for a year and transitioning back to the corner spot after the year is over, in order to bolster CB depth, and since it's his natural position. I don't know that they'd want to jerk the kid around like that and not let him settle in. Perhaps he just stays at S for the rest of his NU career. That wouldn't be bad as long as he's playing well.

And, we also have Davie at CB, who I've heard some good things about. So, at the VERY least, we have Davie and Mitchell after next season. I'd imagine someone(s) is going to have to switch to CB in the future, unless we snag some CB's in the home stretch in this recruiting class, or load up on game-ready studs there next year.

It's certainly going to be fun to watch.

My reference to "Walker" was actually a llittle mental hiccup. I meant Harvey Jackson, Not sure why I misrememered his name. Sorry for the confustion.

I agree we're set next year at CB. My concern for CB is for after next year. If we assume EZ is right, and C. Jackson ends up a safety and Rose a CB, then in 2014 are scholarship CBs will consisit of Mitchel ( who will be a Sr.), Rose, Davies, and that's it to cover three positions. That's VERY thin. Any additional depth would have to come from:

A) Whoever commits in the next twenty-something days

B) True freshmen or JUCOs from 2014 class

C) Walk-ons

D) Players transferring from other positons

Option A sounds like the safetest bet to me if we land a good CB or two. Relying on true freshman, hoping we cdan find a JUCO stud, and relying on walk-ons all sound like slightly scary options to me if we want ot chase titles. Option D could be viable. If a reciver were to switch to CB I'd really prefer they do so by this spring so they'll have the opportunity to adjust to their new position.

Did seisay get a RS this season? If so that helps greatly for 2014. We will end up with either Willis or Joseph at worst this season IMHO. You then take a couple next season and can even try to snag a JUCO if needed. Also could move C Jackson back to CB if needed as the younger safeties mature and learn the system.

Did seisay get a RS this season? If so that helps greatly for 2014. We will end up with either Willis or Joseph at worst this season IMHO. You then take a couple next season and can even try to snag a JUCO if needed. Also could move C Jackson back to CB if needed as the younger safeties mature and learn the system.

Have not heard that Seisey was even eligible.

Seisay played this year. I kinda wish he had redshirted.

Knew he played but didn't know if the ankle held him out enough to try for a Medical RS. Wishful thinking I guess haha

Knew he played but didn't know if the ankle held him out enough to try for a Medical RS. Wishful thinking I guess haha

Got it. I'm all for wishful thinking.

Rose is a MUCH better cover corner than Ciante. Should/will start over him. SJB mans the other side with Andrew.

I still really dislike taking CJax from corner, but if it gets him on the field and his play making ability I can get over it very quickly. Singleton will be a force, said that when he was coming out of high school.

And for the love of Pat. Ricketts quit saying to move Moore from WR. The reason Joseph said what he did is because none of the current DBs can cover our take him. Always have said he will make defenses hate life

where they thinking about moving ciante? he plays nickle not one of the outside corner positions

where they thinking about moving ciante? he plays nickle not one of the outside corner positions

I don't think Ciante moves to be honest.

I somewhat echo this. Don't like moving CJax from corner but I understand why they are doing it.

Rose will probably be our best corner next year, end of story. That's why he isn't moving positions.

Cjax kills future depth,but they need to get him on the field - somehow. I hate jerking players around, but CJax was moved due to our S depth, I believe. I wouldn't be opposed moving him back, once our young safeties get more experience.

I somewhat echo this. Don't like moving CJax from corner but I understand why they are doing it.

Rose will probably be our best corner next year, end of story. That's why he isn't moving positions.

Cjax kills future depth,but they need to get him on the field - somehow. I hate jerking players around, but CJax was moved due to our S depth, I believe. I wouldn't be opposed moving him back, once our young safeties get more experience.

Someone of HI said CJ didn't have fluid enough hips to play CB. So maybe this staff truly believes he has better intangibles to succeed at S.

I don't think Ciante moves to be honest.

i agree