What did we learn

got enough on offense just got to get the defense in order and taylor martinez likes to fight that #36 guy

Notice nobody ever came to Taylor's aid? Taylor got a cheap shot in the title game too with no retaliation. This team is soft and our opponents know it.

Taylor don't need no aid. He ain't gonna let no one bark in his ear. He can handle himself. I'm proud the way he handled himself.

I agree, but it'd be nice to see our guys get up and find their quarterback and get in a guy's face mask everytime they rooster up to him after the play. Not advocating getting penalties, but put your facemask in between your quarterback and the LB .

Nothing we didn't know already.

A season of failure has come to a close. Turnovers, penalties, embarrassing O-line play, shaky QB play, miserable special teams, no defense to speak of, and an unshakable tendency to meltdown on the big stage when it matters most.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2012 Nebraska Cornhuskers.

The program is on the right track if a "season of failure" gets you 10 wins.... Either that, or the fanbase is ______ crazy....

Not failure, just not meeting expectations. I expect a conference one every 3 years, a shot a national title once every 10 years, and no more than one 30 point loss in a five year period. SOme have higher expectations than that. Four losses should never be considered a good year; maybe not a bad year, but not a good year.

I have slightly higher expectations then that, and I don't consider this season a failure, like most seem too....

I don't consider it a failure either, but it is disappointing. It would have been less disappointing if there would have been no blowout losses.

Nothing we didn't know already.

A season of failure has come to a close. Turnovers, penalties, embarrassing O-line play, shaky QB play, miserable special teams, no defense to speak of, and an unshakable tendency to meltdown on the big stage when it matters most.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2012 Nebraska Cornhuskers.

The program is on the right track if a "season of failure" gets you 10 wins.... Either that, or the fanbase is ______ crazy....

Not failure, just not meeting expectations. I expect a conference one every 3 years, a shot a national title once every 10 years, and no more than one 30 point loss in a five year period. SOme have higher expectations than that. Four losses should never be considered a good year; maybe not a bad year, but not a good year.

I have slightly higher expectations then that, and I don't consider this season a failure, like most seem too....

I don't consider it a failure either, but it is disappointing. It would have been less disappointing if there would have been no blowout losses.

Those kind of losses confuse me more than anything.... This team has crazy mood swings....

Abdullahs fumble didnt really hurt us that bad. Except our team gave up after that. Oh, and we need ALOT of defensive help!!! Pathetic defensive effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the turning point in the game!!!! Are you kidding me??!!! What game were you watching? We had them tired out and had a chance to go up by 7. Instead it's a 14 point turnaround. That fumble was the game man. Come on. They couldn't stop us and magically they can after the turnover. Do you know what part momentum plays in college football?

I agree. To me that was when the game changed.

1. That Burkhead is a beast. Taylor not so much.

2. That we need a pipeline like we used to have. We need to focus on recruiting both "O" and "D" lines.

3. That our secondary is good.

4. That our receivers are good.

5. That we probably won't legitimately contend for the MNC next year.

6. That we need to start thinking about the next Nebraska quarterback and getting enough snaps for the backup to make a difference.

7. That our team discipline was better but still needs work.

8. That the Jimmies and Johnies matter more than the X's and O's(all things being equal)

9. That we need to focus on practice, practice and more practice.

10. That until we win up front consistently, we will not contend for national championships or BCS bowl victories.

11. That I still root for and love the big red. I am going to deck out my office with Husker gear in San Antonio.

There's no defense for a perfectly thrown ball. (see 3 Murray TDs)

Our offense is going to be absolutely deadly next year. The offense put up 24 points against a Georgia team that was 5 yards from the National Title and we lose absolutely only 1 significant contributor with no back up that didn't play a whole lot (Choi with Pensick moving to Center next year).

The defense needs to step up next year.

Martinez threw for over 2800 yards and rushed for over 1000, only QB in Nebraska history to do that.

Rex will be missed next year, for just his steadying hand on the whole offense. But we also played most of the season without him.

The unit that has been the best on defense this year got torn up. Part of it was due to their poor play, but a good part of it was due to Murray's play. He threw people open and the receivers made the catches. Only one play made me go WTF Bo, and that was blitzing the house on 3rd and 12 which led to the 87 yard TD.

Even so, on that play I was screaming at the tv for an illegal pick on the offense before the guy even caught the ball. It was a missed call by the refs but I guess that's the way it goes.

They got away w 2 of those. 1st half TD to the wide open TE was a pick play too. Lots of teams run them, we do to so it is just part of the game but.....?

Never seen a Nebraska quarterback literally assaulted on the field for the last five minutes of a game and not one of our players stood up for him. Not one!!! As much as I am disappointed in the UCLA, OHIO ST. , and BTC game, I am more disappointed in the lack of passion by this team. If you would have assaulted a Nebraska QB like ha back in he day, somebody would have gladly got their ass ejected while beating th puss out of that mother f u c k e r .

Uh-oh..... Use the "_______".... :wasted

Thanks Rollin Rock. I knew you would have my back. By the way, I can't wait to see you at the next Huskerboard tailgate, Gonna be awesome to have you there.

There was simply no way Nebraska was going to win if they lost the turnover margin. I've felt all year this was our biggest issue, yet it doesn't seem to get a whole lot of traction among anybody on the coaching staff, in the media, anywhere.

It finally cost us a game. Nebraska should have won this game.... don't let anyone tell you differently. The fumble lost the game.

Nebraska is a four loss team because it turns the ball over too damn much. There are other issues for sure, but this one is the one that cannot be excused.

Don't know about you, but moral victories suck, and I'm not about to convince myself this was one anyway. Nebraska threw it away.

• Fire 1

There's no defense for a perfectly thrown ball. (see 3 Murray TDs)

Our offense is going to be absolutely deadly next year. The offense put up 24 points against a Georgia team that was 5 yards from the National Title and we lose absolutely only 1 significant contributor with no back up that didn't play a whole lot (Choi with Pensick moving to Center next year).

The defense needs to step up next year.

Martinez threw for over 2800 yards and rushed for over 1000, only QB in Nebraska history to do that.

Rex will be missed next year, for just his steadying hand on the whole offense. But we also played most of the season without him.

There is d for a perfect ball it's called a pass rush

Keep in mind how BAD Georgia's d was against the run this year!

Martinez and Abdullah are dynamic but if they don't fix the turnovers we should temper our expectations