SIGNED DE Ernest Suttles

Except for coach Osborne. He had very few top 12 recruiting classes. I believe I read that the 95 class was actually ranked in the 50's.

1992 was ranked 10th

1993 class as high as 7th

1994 not top 12

1995 was ranked 11,5,8

1996 was ranked 2nd

1997 one publication said 10th

1998 not top 12

1999 not top 12

Average ranking of the 90s overall was around 16. I should have rephrased with in the BCS era. However from 2000-2009 we had an average class ranking around 22. We all saw what happened then.

Except for coach Osborne. He had very few top 12 recruiting classes. I believe I read that the 95 class was actually ranked in the 50's.

1992 was ranked 10th

1993 class as high as 7th

1994 not top 12

1995 was ranked 11,5,8

1996 was ranked 2nd

1997 one publication said 10th

1998 not top 12

1999 not top 12

Average ranking of the 90s overall was around 16. I should have rephrased with in the BCS era. However from 2000-2009 we had an average class ranking around 22. We all saw what happened then.

Agreed. One of the big reasons TO had the historic run in the 90s was because he began to put a greater emphasis on recruiting.

Luckily, I think our current staff figured that out within about 3 or 4 years. Bo and his staff are every bit the recruiters that Callahan and his staff were, and Bo and Co. actually know how to develop the talent once it's here.

Disagree. Osborne and co always recruited hard. They had some classes in the 80s ranked at or near the top and we always recruited top national prospects. Insinuating that osborne suddenly figured out recruiting was important is disrespectful to the greatest coach in the game. We had the talent to win it all multiple times under tom in the 70's and 80's and just didn't get the breaks. What made the 90's different was a confluence of the shift towards a faster, 4-3 defense, a good run of local kids (weigert, zatechka, frost, Ahman, schlesinger, etc.) and a couple of key difference makers like tommie and wistrom that were also great leaders.

Obviously recruiting great talent was part of the equation, but it's simply not true that we suddenly started recruiting better or harder. There's a reason we were the winningest team of the 70's and 80's.

And fwiw, the 91 class that provided the base for the back to back titles was not well regarded at the time.

The Iowa State board is in meltdown mode ;)

They really are freaking out. It's hilarious to read.

Half of the posts also mention Bo's temper or Bo's temper and getting fired. C'mon people.

My favorite:

Not to mention the fact that he is going to spit on a lot in the next few years if Pelini sticks around. That guy has more saliva fly out of his mouth when he yells than any human being I ever seen. Poor kid.

Half of the posts also mention Bo's temper or Bo's temper and getting fired. C'mon people.

My favorite:

Not to mention the fact that he is going to spit on a lot in the next few years if Pelini sticks around. That guy has more saliva fly out of his mouth when he yells than any human being I ever seen. Poor kid.

:D haha! The comments are freaking hilarious!

My favorite:

:D haha! The comments are freaking hilarious!

Do these people watch any ISU games? At the OU game the kicker missed an extra point in pregame and Rhoads whacked him on the side of his head and chewed his a$$. lol