Just what are we going to need to do to bring the title back the corn state?

But you said 'that's not necessarily true'. Did you have someone in mind? (I don't mean to put you on the spot. :) ) I was just curious because this comes up frequently on the board.

The Dude has made it no secret that he has lost total faith in Bo as a coach, so that's what he's saying.

Sorry to hear that.

Quit recruiting project players and guys we can develop. Bo has shown a complete inability to develop anyone. Just look at the 20+ OL on schollie and 11 at the DL spot.

Recruit guys who can play from day one.

Can the 2 gap D crap.

Quit having our QB lead the nation in fumbles for 3 years in a row.

Stop the TO;s period.

Limit penalties.

Start developing some depth. It is evident outside RB and WR we have none. Safeties next year? No experience. LB's? No real experience. QB? Forget it. TE? Same. OL? None. Punter/Kicker? No.............

An article from Shatel IIRC, summed it up about the difference with Bama and the others. One word.....Effort. Bama plays with the most effort and urgency in the country. Flawless. Like NU used to be. UGA and LSU have comparable athletes, but both lose to Bama because of effort. Bo needs to find this effort and keep it up for 4 quarters. A player half asses on the field, he can ride the pine. Penaly, hit the pine. Fumble, even at QB, hit the pine.

We get kicked in the nuts, we give up. ie Hail Mary, AA fumble, Miller's TD run this year, UM punt penalty last etc.... We do not recover from these shots. Effort, not quitting..........

that sounds so easy just recruit a bunch of guys that have the size and smarts to play out of highschool only sign 4 and five star guys that are starters there freshman year because there are so many of them that you can get a full 25 recruit class a year of just them

I think BO needs to worry more about the defence and let Beck handle the offence. Bo knows defence and needs to worry about it more. our offence is good enough to win.

Bingo !!!

Instead of Bo worrying about how the D is run, he needs to be running it, and let it be known, he is the DC. Sorry Pap. Beck needs to fix the turn over problem, his offense is way ahead of the D.

Lot of top coaches have the title of DC or OC. Bo doesn't have to be a figured head on the sidelines. You hire coaches for specific positions, let them do their jobs. If they can't they should be replaced, just like any other business. Bo has all week, to discuss game plans with both sides of the ball. Game day, let the coaches do what you hired them for. He can make all the changes during a game, any time he wants. As a DC or HC. This is his team.

GBR!!!

Quit recruiting project players and guys we can develop. Bo has shown a complete inability to develop anyone. Just look at the 20+ OL on schollie and 11 at the DL spot.

Recruit guys who can play from day one.

Can the 2 gap D crap.

Quit having our QB lead the nation in fumbles for 3 years in a row.

Stop the TO;s period.

Limit penalties.

Start developing some depth. It is evident outside RB and WR we have none. Safeties next year? No experience. LB's? No real experience. QB? Forget it. TE? Same. OL? None. Punter/Kicker? No.............

An article from Shatel IIRC, summed it up about the difference with Bama and the others. One word.....Effort. Bama plays with the most effort and urgency in the country. Flawless. Like NU used to be. UGA and LSU have comparable athletes, but both lose to Bama because of effort. Bo needs to find this effort and keep it up for 4 quarters. A player half asses on the field, he can ride the pine. Penaly, hit the pine. Fumble, even at QB, hit the pine.

We get kicked in the nuts, we give up. ie Hail Mary, AA fumble, Miller's TD run this year, UM punt penalty last etc.... We do not recover from these shots. Effort, not quitting..........

that sounds so easy just recruit a bunch of guys that have the size and smarts to play out of highschool only sign 4 and five star guys that are starters there freshman year because there are so many of them that you can get a full 25 recruit class a year of just them

That's the thing. We seem to have too many swing and misses and then fill our class with guys who are "below the radar" or" came on strong senior year" or "need a little time to develop". Look at all the teams that currently have true or RSfresh leading the charge.

You do not win a MNC by having 60% of your OL composed of walkons. You do not win the MNC by having your starting center, a ocnverted DL, beat out schollie guys and start. Spencer Long is an exception, not the rule.

Also read an article from Shatel IIRC, that said Bo currently has 15 commits and we can take as many as 25-28. Signing day is around the corner. What do we do? Schollies to walk-ons? Schollies to guys no one else wanted?

My take is that recruiting seems to have been adressed over the last couple years from a talent standpoint. Obviously time will tell how well the supposed increase in talent is developed, which is a whole other issue in itelf. To me? It's mistakes. That right now has to be the #1 issue. Someone earlier mentioned teaching tackling and fundamentals, and that may be correct to a point. The thing is, the coaches shouldnt be having how to teach these guys to do anything. Do techniques need to be refined and worked on? I say yes, but no one should be coming into our program needing to be taught how to block or tackle. I guess this falls in with my mistakes bit. The turnovers, the penalties, missed blocks and tackles. Maybe it's that a little less attention needs to be paid to x's and o's and more on that stuff, becuase the talent and scheme wont matter if these things keep happening. This season looks a lot better if the mistakes would have been cleaned up.

My take is that recruiting seems to have been adressed over the last couple years from a talent standpoint. Obviously time will tell how well the supposed increase in talent is developed, which is a whole other issue in itelf. To me? It's mistakes. That right now has to be the #1 issue. Someone earlier mentioned teaching tackling and fundamentals, and that may be correct to a point. The thing is, the coaches shouldnt be having how to teach these guys to do anything. Do techniques need to be refined and worked on? I say yes, but no one should be coming into our program needing to be taught how to block or tackle. I guess this falls in with my mistakes bit. The turnovers, the penalties, missed blocks and tackles. Maybe it's that a little less attention needs to be paid to x's and o's and more on that stuff, becuase the talent and scheme wont matter if these things keep happening. This season looks a lot better if the mistakes would have been cleaned up.

The bolded. Spot on. We are friggin NU. Why in the world are we still complaining about guys starting who can't tackle or block. Stuff that kept anyone who has ever played organized football, AT ANY LEVEL, of the field. Yet week in and week out, w still see guys missing tackles, missing blocks, forgetting snap count and fumbling.....

Do these kids get it done in HS and then regress? Did we just recruit with the "hope" they learn?

Sure recruiting is important. Of course we want bigger, faster, stronger, more talented guys. None of these things are news to Bo and staff. Some people act like "hey, that's all we gotta do" or that it's easy or that some other coaches would do lots better at it. Sure there are some individuals who are good program salesmen but not to the point that all our recruits will suddenly be one or two stars higher. Ask yourself why places like Bama are getting the top recruits. It's not because Saban is a better recruiter. It's because Alabama is currently the hot program, they're winning, they oversign, and they naturally have more local talent available. If Bo were at Bama or LSU or most any SEC school, and we had a different coach, lots of people would still be complaining that our coach should be recruiting as well as that Pelini guy down south. Face facts, winning is the egg before the chicken and Nebraska is always going to be handicapped in the recruiting game. It's disingenuous to blame our quite capable staff for recruiting issues that are beyond their or anyones control. Do you really think they aren't capable or aren't trying their best?

The bolded. Spot on. We are friggin NU. Why in the world are we still complaining about guys starting who can't tackle or block. Stuff that kept anyone who has ever played organized football, AT ANY LEVEL, of the field. Yet week in and week out, w still see guys missing tackles, missing blocks, forgetting snap count and fumbling.....

Do these kids get it done in HS and then regress? Did we just recruit with the "hope" they learn?

I think it stems to the fact that we MAY NOT be working on as repetively as we should. I say may not, becuase we really dont know. It's not that we're bringing in guys who dont know how, but the techniques may be getting rusty if we dont refine it as much as it should be. If so the case, who knows the reason. We always seem to be so desimated by practice time injuries, maybe the staff is trying to cut down on that. I was just pointing out-I was nitpicking the comment about teaching, yes-that we should not have to teach anyone these things. They just need to repetitiously worked on more that what it SEEMS to be based on gameday performance.

Also, the tackling issue falls directly on the depth issue in my eyes. Who are we trying to tackle during team runs in practice? Scout teamers right ? What kind of talent do they have? What I'm thinking is that we spend all week tackling Mr. Joe Walk-on from Podunk, NE, and then on Saturday we have to tackle Braxton Miller and Monte Ball. Where as these Bama's and Georgia's and such have 4 star redshirted recruits on their scout teams. I've heard all the stories of guys like Kenny Bell and Taylor Martinez lighting up the scout team when they were on it, but obviously those types of athletes are not at every position.