Fisher 6th Year? (Page 2 Update)

QMany

Didn't they say during the bowl game that Fisher got accepted to Med school?

Watching him walk around the day after games was painful. He's physically busted up, "healed" broken leg or not. There's no doubt it hurt him physically to play every single time he took the field these last two years, but he gutted it out.

Count me as one of those not amused by the "joking" at Fisher's expense. While he wasn't the best linebacker we ever had, he's a hell of a kid and I'm damned glad to have had him as a Husker. Next time you think you want to be funny at the expense of one of our players, don't.

• Fire 4

Watching him walk around the day after games was painful. He's physically busted up, "healed" broken leg or not. There's no doubt it hurt him physically to play every single time he took the field these last two years, but he gutted it out.

Count me as one of those not amused by the "joking" at Fisher's expense. While he wasn't the best linebacker we ever had, he's a hell of a kid and I'm damned glad to have had him as a Husker. Next time you think you want to be funny at the expense of one of our players, don't.

What's even more sad is that it wasnt even wanting to be funny.

Agree!!!

On top of it just simply being pathetic, I am so sick and tired of Husker fans trashing their own team or players.

Yesterday when Newby committed, I had two people step into my office and joke about what holes is he going to run through. Meaning, our O line sucks. Really???? You are such a pathetic fan that you can't even acknowledge that we had a top 10 (I think) rushing attack against some dang good defenses and you can't get to that point with a bad O line?

I'm to the point that I don't even hide my distaste for the jokes anymore.

Getting accepted is different than enrolling. I got accepted to more schools than just UNL, but I only chose to go to one. By being accepted, they are saying that they have a spot for him if he wants to go there.

Seriously, did any of you really watch his play this year? If it wasn't for Sean we would have gotten spanked in the first Wisconsin game too. He's not an all star athlete by any means, but he found a groove this year and was a solid linebacker. The criticisms from 2 years ago are probably deserved (although he did break his freakin leg) but he was the least of our problems this year.

+1000 I have been critical of him in the past. Sean more than made up for things for his BIG10 play this year. He will be an asset if he does return.

Well said Knapp. A buddy of mine said the same thing. I respect that kid for what he has given to this school and not giving up on something that could have been easy for him to do. I heard he walked with a "huge" limp after the game, like he was in pain. I never really brought it up, because its hear say, but it sounds like its true.

Anyone know what Medical Schools he was applying to?

Trying to say this in the nicest way possible, did he not do well on his entrance exams? I know he had sooooo much free time to study.

#TeamFisher

I don't know what medical school it was, but it was in Chicago, maybe University of Chicago. I know he was going for plastic surgeon.

Anyone know what Medical Schools he was applying to?

Trying to say this in the nicest way possible, did he not do well on his entrance exams? I know he had sooooo much free time to study.

#TeamFisher

I don't know what medical school it was, but it was in Chicago, maybe University of Chicago. I know he was going for plastic surgeon.

You dont go to medical school to study any one specialty, thats what residency is for. If he wants to study plastic surgery he'll have to wait 4 years until he graduates medical school. Then it'll be a 5 yr residency in Plastics and then if he wants to do a sub specialty in plastics ie: cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, hand surgery etc. it'll be another 1-2 yr fellowship. So this guy has another 9-11 years before he's a full fledged attending physician making 6 figures. So he may as well play another year, medicine will always be there.

Fish is a bigger, smarter ,and better looking guy than most of us, certainly myself anyway. lol Seems like a good guy, that we can be proud to call a Husker.

From a strictly football standpoint though i would like to see him in more of a mentor role for some our raw, but very talented, young guys.

Maybe they'll be better, maybe not, but i've been dying to see some of these guys on the field since they were brought in.

i dont want to sound like i'm bashing fisher he's played better this season i thought and he's been no trouble off the field i just hope that if there is another player at his position that can do a better job fisher doesnt get the starting spot because he's a 6th year senior on his last go around, if he's the best guy then play him if he isnt put the best guy on the field and have fisher show him the ropes in practice

Sean Fisher > Freshman 4* any day of the week. It's not like we're recruiting him for another 4 years. He'll be better in his 6th than whatever stretch LBer we'd recruit instead. We have the scholly's, so what's the big deal. Not like he's bumping some 4* JUCO DT out of a scholly.

What if he is bumping a JUCO OL or Janovich from getting a scholly?

Great guy, mediocre football player. Appreciate what he has done for us, and I would like him back - if we had a different coaching staff that would put youth and speed on the field (even if they mistake here and there) over someone who will do it right 99.9% of the time, but just isn't athletic enough to make the play, I.E. lance thorell.