S Jason Hall [Texas - Signed LOI]

Nexus

So we're going to be down to a local and a kicker for commits. That is just ****ing marvelous.

This class has zero momentum. Staff needs to be working it like a mofo to gain ground and close on these unofficials, camps, and BRW. Of course it's still fairly early but we haven't won a recruiting battle yet and we need to start.

So we're going to be down to a local and a kicker for commits. That is just ****ing marvelous.

This class has zero momentum. Staff needs to be working it like a mofo to gain ground and close on these unofficials, camps, and BRW. Of course it's still fairly early but we haven't won a recruiting battle yet and we need to start.

Patience. We will have a good summer and fall. What really is hurting us this year is Marrow did a ton of work with the 2014 kids I Ohio... :(

Patience. We will have a good summer and fall. What really is hurting us this year is Marrow did a ton of work with the 2014 kids I Ohio... :(

Should've had the foresight to not let an overqualified GA that could bolt on us become too much of a linchpin in our recruiting, and while that work he did obviously helps it doesn't totally excuse the way Kentucky is flat-out whipping us to this point in Bo's home state.

I know there is plenty of race to be run and we have some upcoming events that can really turn the tide. Not acting like we're doomed. But with the way the recruiting cycle is speeding-up and how talent attracts talent we do need to start winning some battles damn soon.

Should've had the foresight to not let an overqualified GA that could bolt on us become too much of a linchpin in our recruiting, and while that work he did obviously helps it doesn't totally excuse the way Kentucky is flat-out whipping us to this point in Bo's home state.

I know there is plenty of race to be run and we have some upcoming events that can really turn the tide. Not acting like we're doomed. But with the way the recruiting cycle is speeding-up and how talent attracts talent we do need to start winning some battles damn soon.

The biggest issue here lies in the travel. Most of these kids don't come from homes that can afford to spend $1,000+ for a couple of tickets for themselves and a family member to travel up here.

All these kids are pretty much coming from distances over 7hrs away... with the exception of a few. To fly in to Omaha many from the east and west coast have to connect in places like Chicago and then drive an hour when they land so it takes hours and hours to get to Lincoln on top of the high airline prices. That's our biggest issue. Many wait till the fall to visit because they can't pay for it on their own dime. We have tons of kids who would love to visit us who just simply can't. The NCAA rules make it impossible to get these kids on campus before their paid OV's and many times by fall these kids have already visited several top name schools closer to home 2-3 times and feel comfortable there at that point so they don't choose to use their OV's on us anyways cause they've already got it narrowed down to some closer to home. They may really like Nebraska and have true interest in our program but when they look at the 5-6 schools starring them in the face closer to home and cheaper to visit they just can't see how Nebraska could be THAT much better even if it is better so they end up going with one of those schools they were able to go to multiple times.

So a lot of our issues have nothing to do with the coaching staff's efforts or approaches or methods. I GUARANTEE you, if Bo was the head coach of an LSU, Florida, USC, UCLA, Texas, Texas A&M, etc. He would be right up there with the top 5 class. The only way our recruiting is going to change/improve is if we end up pulling a Boise State and winning several big time BCS games over big time teams who we weren't suppose to beat with us having lesser rated players. If we can do that, we can get more national sports publicity and respect and the athletes will follow and may just make the journeys and hold out for fall OV's if they can't make UOV's.

The biggest issue here lies in the travel. Most of these kids don't come from homes that can afford to spend $1,000+ for a couple of tickets for themselves and a family member to travel up here.

All these kids are pretty much coming from distances over 7hrs away... with the exception of a few. To fly in to Omaha many from the east and west coast have to connect in places like Chicago and then drive an hour when they land so it takes hours and hours to get to Lincoln on top of the high airline prices. That's our biggest issue. Many wait till the fall to visit because they can't pay for it on their own dime. We have tons of kids who would love to visit us who just simply can't. The NCAA rules make it impossible to get these kids on campus before their paid OV's and many times by fall these kids have already visited several top name schools closer to home 2-3 times and feel comfortable there at that point so they don't choose to use their OV's on us anyways cause they've already got it narrowed down to some closer to home. They may really like Nebraska and have true interest in our program but when they look at the 5-6 schools starring them in the face closer to home and cheaper to visit they just can't see how Nebraska could be THAT much better even if it is better so they end up going with one of those schools they were able to go to multiple times.

So a lot of our issues have nothing to do with the coaching staff's efforts or approaches or methods. I GUARANTEE you, if Bo was the head coach of an LSU, Florida, USC, UCLA, Texas, Texas A&M, etc. He would be right up there with the top 5 class. The only way our recruiting is going to change/improve is if we end up pulling a Boise State and winning several big time BCS games over big time teams who we weren't suppose to beat with us having lesser rated players. If we can do that, we can get more national sports publicity and respect and the athletes will follow and may just make the journeys and hold out for fall OV's if they can't make UOV's.

Of course distance is a considerable issue, always has been and will be. You aren't telling me anything I don't already know, we don't have enough talent around us. It's stupid the NCAA doesn't allow officials in summer for non-JUCO's. I just don't accept distance as an all-encompassing excuse that we can't do things better. No way of knowing either way how Bo would do at one of those programs you listed, Yes better but top5 is pretty arguable. His history here is checkered. Our D has gone down hill for a reason and it wasn't just because of recruiting more db's for the spread-happy 12. It was also too many recruiting failures. I think we've gotten better at identifying guys that will help us and the last two classes have been a step in the right direction. BRW and getting to guys sooner are steps in the right direction. But we're still a work in progress and the damage we let losing Marrow do is a testament to that. Not saying the sky is falling, just saying with Ewards apparently out we're down to two guys and Bo wants classes half-filled by season start(disadvantages or not speeded-up recruiting cycle is a reality). We need to be getting kids in and closing on several in the next two months. With the ones we can't get in we have to sell, sell, sell to get them to hold-off on committing and come for an official.

Talent attracts and can help recruit other talent. Kids are more likely to jump-in on a class that has momentum. You get some snowball effect. We get our ball over the lip and rolling down hill we can gain ground quickly.

I don't think identifying talent has ever been Bo and Staffs problem it's more getting them to commit and staying committed. It would be a really tough job especially after what he inherited with the previous regime, not so much with talent but with the moral of the program being as low as it was. Who would think that; hey I want to go there, after seeing where we were at. I think Bo and Co. will be fine it will take time to get where we want to be, but we will get there. As far as Hall I really hope he stays committed, but if he doesn't and flips to Texass well it would be hard to argue why. Now, Kentucky on the other hand I can not see how anyone can think that that would be a better place then N.

• Fire 1

I don't think identifying talent has ever been Bo and Staffs problem it's more getting them to commit and staying committed. It would be a really tough job especially after what he inherited with the previous regime, not so much with talent but with the moral of the program being as low as it was. Who would think that; hey I want to go there, after seeing where we were at. I think Bo and Co. will be fine it will take time to get where we want to be, but we will get there. As far as Hall I really hope he stays committed, but if he doesn't and flips to Texass well it would be hard to argue why. Now, Kentucky on the other hand I can not see how anyone can think that that would be a better place then N.

One thing to think about with Hall switching to Texas, that I'm sure his father is helping him consider. is that Texas has had two bad seasons in a row despite consistent top 10 recruiting classes. I live around a lot of UT fans and all are in agreement that Mac Brown will most likely be fired after this season. If Hall chooses to go to Texas he is walking into a program that is about to have a complete coaching staff change with a lot of unknowns about what kind of coaches/players he will be around in the future. The good news here is that I don't think Hall, a 17yr old kid, is making these decisions on his own. Everything I have read on him says His family is really deciding. It was his dad that knew a lot about Nebraska and told him we would be the perfect program for him. And it was his dad who spoke up a couple days ago after the Oklahoma offer who said he is still 100% committed to us. So I think some older, wiser folks will talk some wisdom and help him make a wise choice no matter where he ends up going. We don't know this kid, and as much as I love my beloved Nebraska, it isn't a school for all people.

One thing to think about with Hall switching to Texas, that I'm sure his father is helping him consider. is that Texas has had two bad seasons in a row despite consistent top 10 recruiting classes. I live around a lot of UT fans and all are in agreement that Mac Brown will most likely be fired after this season. If Hall chooses to go to Texas he is walking into a program that is about to have a complete coaching staff change with a lot of unknowns about what kind of coaches/players he will be around in the future. The good news here is that I don't think Hall, a 17yr old kid, is making these decisions on his own. Everything I have read on him says His family is really deciding. It was his dad that knew a lot about Nebraska and told him we would be the perfect program for him. And it was his dad who spoke up a couple days ago after the Oklahoma offer who said he is still 100% committed to us. So I think some older, wiser folks will talk some wisdom and help him make a wise choice no matter where he ends up going. We don't know this kid, and as much as I love my beloved Nebraska, it isn't a school for all people.

So he flips now then flips back in January after Brown is fired following an 8-5 season... chuckleshuffle

While it is unfortunate for Nebraska, I don't think you can judge a kid to harsely for wanting to play for his state school.

The same thing happened with Casey Sayles last year who committed to Ohio but said that if Nebraska offered that was going to go here. He was saying that all the way until the last week before signing day. If we would have offered and he came here, almost no one on here would of had a problem with that. Goes with the territory with these early commits.

Hard to enjoy the horns having what is for them an off year in recruiting when it means they have to go ganking our sleeper pick-up. :hmmph

DiNardo talking Hall up now just feels like salt in the wound.

On the plus side staff did do a good job of identifying an underrated talent and closing. The dream offer is just hard to beat.

At least we got Tanner this week to even things out.