S Jason Hall [Texas - Signed LOI]

Nexus

Maybe the kid is holding-off just to be completely sure and let his dad's commments wear-off before decommitting. Skipping BRW was a bad sign. That said, it wouldn't be a surprise if Texas is playing the uncommittable offer game. They have six uncommmitted safety offers out there. Key rivals ATM has two of the committed and LSU has taken one. Possible they are interested in Hall but like their chances with the other guys too much at this juncture to take his commit. They have been adding 3*'s willy nilly since they're having a bit of an off year and have a huge class to fill but there are plenty of big fish still out there and they're getting to where they have to keep slots open. If Hall is in a position where he has to wait and see if the horns miss on other guys it could turn him off, making him want to go to the place he's more wanted.

I heard on friday the kids family only has one car capable of making the drive to Lincoln and his father had to work. If true that is a legit reason. Unfortunate that he couldn't have been here because I think his eyes would have been opened a bit. I do hope the NCAA will expand the recruiting season and allow schools to pay for an OV in the summer. It puts schools like NU at a disadvantage.

Texas is still in the hunt for Jamal Adams, Arrion Springs and John Bonney. They are all in front of Hall on their board. Springs is being recruited for CB but could slide back to S if they can get a couple more guys they want at CB.

St.PaulHusker, (It won't let me quote your post for some reason).

I guess that's what I'm saying.... Mack isn't a bad, coach. In fact, he is probably a good one. Top notch, however? I would say not even close.... There are a number of coaches who I think would do a heckuva lot better than him with the resources he has....

St.PaulHusker, (It won't let me quote your post for some reason).

I guess that's what I'm saying.... Mack isn't a bad, coach. In fact, he is probably a good one. Top notch, however? I would say not even close.... There are a number of coaches who I think would do a heckuva lot better than him with the resources he has....

I would agree with you on the elite status based on the last 3 years. But leading up to those 3 years was as good as anyone in the country and I don't know of anyone who could have done better during that time.

Makes me wonder if his offer was committable.

Great point. THey might be waiting on a few other guys. Could be their option B or C guy. Come to a University that sees you as an option A guy, Hall!

Whorns might be slowplaying Hall until they know whether or not they'll get Jamal Adams or John Bonney.

I would buy the slow play deal if the Whorns threw out offers like other programs do. UT doesn't offer unless the kid says he'll accept. They call it "being approved for an offer. But before we throw out the offer you have to say you'll accept." Still kinda scratching my head at this situation really. Wondering if there isn't some miscommunication on either end.

every time i see a post on here i get to my knee's and ask myself "is this the day" my own personal version of russian roulette....

but in other news how much of a drama queen and insecure is texaaz??? approved for an offer?? have to say you'll except?? that seems like intimidation to me and i know obviously a lot of kids fall for it..... maybe thats why they already have so many recruits... FOR next years class!!

every time i see a post on here i get to my knee's and ask myself "is this the day" my own personal version of russian roulette....

but in other news how much of a drama queen and insecure is texaaz??? approved for an offer?? have to say you'll except?? that seems like intimidation to me and i know obviously a lot of kids fall for it..... maybe thats why they already have so many recruits... FOR next years class!!

They did it to Jake Waters at IWCC.