S Jason Hall [Texas - Signed LOI]

Nexus

Who knows maybe if he actually takes an official here and really sees up close what we have to offer maybe he will want to be here. I really would have liked to see him at least visit before he decomitted.

Not happening.

As in we wouldn't take him back or that he wouldn't come back if Texas renegs on their offer?

Who knows maybe if he actually takes an official here and really sees up close what we have to offer maybe he will want to be here. I really would have liked to see him at least visit before he decomitted.

Not happening.

As in we wouldn't take him back or that he wouldn't come back if Texas renegs on their offer?

He's not coming back, end of story. He will stay in Texas.

Not happening.

He's not coming back, end of story. He will stay in Texas.

Hall's position at Texas is not guaranteed, yet. If Bonney commits, there may not be room for Hall. Then, I see Hall leaving Texas for either Oklahoma or back to Nebraska.

I didn't pull sh#t out of my ass when I said that his recruiting wasn't over when he originally committed. There is no way he visits here with a Texas offer on the table. Unless his offer is pulled and can't go to a major Texas school... We won't be seeing him. I also think he will get some bigger offers this year.

This is a testament to how well and how hard the staff has worked at talent evaluation this spring and last.

Given our geographic disadvantage and that while we're solid at recruiting we aren't just killer I do like the very strong emphasis on out-evaluating the competition. Of course we have to win some big recruiting battles and will, but we just aren't likely to fill-up on guys everybody and their dog is after. We need to be finding undervalued guys and getting to guys earlier than rest. Ya sometimes we'll do a great job of scouting and it won't work-out but we'll hit on a higher percentage there than chasing the most-coveted.

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 months later...