S Jason Hall [Texas - Signed LOI]

Nexus

I just have this feeling that Hall would really like to de-commit asap and commit to Texas just judging by his comments, but I think his dad is keeping that from happening right now, just based on his dad's comments. No inside knowledge here, but that seems the most likely situation to me. I'm guessing his dad is telling him "you wait and see how Nebraska does this year and how Texas does this year and if you still want to de-commit you can", or something like that.

They don't pull the pre-approve thing with every recruit but they do pull it frequently, especially with their Junior Day recruits. Those they can't play the pre-approve games with they at-least make sure they have a good shot at before offering. They won't offer if they don't like their chances, thus a guy like Andrew Luck going offer-less. Mack has been able to make horn offers seem more prestigious/valuable with this strategy.

Thing with Hall is that he isn't a big fish, seems like the type they'd usually get a pre-commit from before offering. As EZ said they aren't known for the uncommittable offer game(lowers the hitting percentage), But since he's so psyched but didn't jump it still makes me wonder if the offer is committable Maybe junior said he'd jump but dad said to wait and think on it.

They don't pull the pre-approve thing with every recruit but they do pull it frequently, especially with their Junior Day recruits. Those they can't play the pre-approve games with they at-least make sure they have a good shot at before offering. They won't offer if they don't like their chances, thus a guy like Andrew Luck going offer-less. Mack has been able to make horn offers seem more prestigious/valuable with this strategy.

Thing with Hall is that he isn't a big fish, seems like the type they'd usually get a pre-commit from before offering. As EZ said they aren't known for the uncommittable offer game(lowers the hitting percentage), But since he's so psyched but didn't jump it still makes me wonder if the offer is committable Maybe junior said he'd jump but dad said to wait and think on it.

We never know. With ESPN's love affair with aTm and the fact that UT isn't the sexy school currently in Texas they may be taking a new approach. This situation is confusing though and it may hinge on Hall's father.

Lets not pretend we haven't beaten UT for Texas recruits though that have held offers. Rex Burkhead was "approved for an offer," Tommy Armstrong was as well, Aaron Green was a kid Texas really wanted but knew they had no shot at.

I still see Hall ending up at UT though.

My brother is a huge whores fan and was telling me that they have changed their recruiting style. They are offering a lot more OOS kids, due to their RB coach with ties in the southeast. He was saying that they are not getting the response from some of the top kids they want, so they are offering others in hopes to get the first tier to think.

I would buy the slow play deal if the Whorns threw out offers like other programs do. UT doesn't offer unless the kid says he'll accept. They call it "being approved for an offer. But before we throw out the offer you have to say you'll accept." Still kinda scratching my head at this situation really. Wondering if there isn't some miscommunication on either end.

True. Or at least it was true before the Whorns started sucking. Not sure if they can still pull that shite on all recruits today though.

I would buy the slow play deal if the Whorns threw out offers like other programs do. UT doesn't offer unless the kid says he'll accept. They call it "being approved for an offer. But before we throw out the offer you have to say you'll accept." Still kinda scratching my head at this situation really. Wondering if there isn't some miscommunication on either end.

True. Or at least it was true before the Whorns started sucking. Not sure if they can still pull that shite on all recruits today though.

I know that Texas changed their stance on recruits taking visits after they have committed...they no long permit it.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/367480-longhorns-are-latest-to-install-no-visit-policy-for-recruits

We never know. With ESPN's love affair with aTm and the fact that UT isn't the sexy school currently in Texas they may be taking a new approach. This situation is confusing though and it may hinge on Hall's father.

Lets not pretend we haven't beaten UT for Texas recruits though that have held offers. Rex Burkhead was "approved for an offer," Tommy Armstrong was as well, Aaron Green was a kid Texas really wanted but knew they had no shot at.

I still see Hall ending up at UT though.

Hoping another safety jumps into the slot.

Jason RT someone saying has decommitted.

@DamonSayles: And here we go ... text message from DB Jason Hall (@jase_24) saying he's decommitted from #Huskers. More coming shortly.

Feels like dude enjoys the drama. Good luck to ya.