What Season Would You Prefer?

NU 2009 vs NU 2012. What season would you rather have, and what season was more fun to watch? 2009 featured a bad offense and a great defense with several close but low scoring games. 2012 featured a bad defense and a good offense with several miracle comebacks. I prefer 2009, but it was really fun watching the 2012 Huskers rally week after week.

2009, not even a debate. I never want to witness the curb stompings the Huskers received this year. Never another 600 yards given up. I could care less about the wins and losses, just be respectable every game no matter how bad or good the other team is. Have a healthy feeling of how we are going to do, not setting on the edge of my seat against a bottom feeder.

The only game that we really got it handed to us was the Tx Tech game. The other 3 loses were by a combined 4 points...

and the thing about that Tech game, if you watched it, was it really doesnt come close to having it handed it to us as we've come somewhat accustomed to over the last couple years. Our offense literally gave them a td, and our defense if I'm not mistaken held Tech to their lowest offensive output in terms of yardage since year 1 of the Leach era.

The only game that we really got it handed to us was the Tx Tech game. The other 3 loses were by a combined 4 points...

and the thing about that Tech game, if you watched it, was it really doesnt come close to having it handed it to us as we've come somewhat accustomed to over the last couple years. Our offense literally gave them a td, and our defense if I'm not mistaken held Tech to their lowest offensive output in terms of yardage since year 1 of the Leach era.

Yeah, and it wasn't that much worse than the 34 turnovers we had against Iowa St...

2009 was painful in its own way, but we came extremely close to beating two higher ranked teams and ended the season with a 33 - 0 victory over a supposedly top tier Arizona defense in which the Watson offense worked exactly as designed and one of the best Husker defenses ever went out with a shutout. We jumped up to #14 in the final polls and the program felt like it was a quarterback away from doing something really special.

So yeah. 2009.