Projected Starting Line Up

My son does a reading thing at our public library.

UtNxT.gif

You added nothing to the thread here Dude. Why don't you stick to the woodshed or the BS thread? You haven't had anything good or educated to say in months.

• Fire 1

It's great that Cross works hard but some of you are starting to sound like broken records. That is not a reason for him to play. If it was, we'd probably have 10 more walk ons starting. I'm not saying the other reasons for Cross to be #2 aren't good, but the fact that he works hard isn't one unless it actually helps him produce results.

He's given more reason for us to believe he'll play and play a lot than reasons that he won't. People who "know" that the freshmen who haven't even had an official practice at Nebraska will jump him are a bit too optimistic and unrealistic in my opinion.

I think the people who don't think Our freshmen will play haven't watched film on either freshmen.

Or watched a Husker game the last couple of years.

You got me...I don't even watch the HUSKER GAMES. I'm so busted. and I never lurk in the recruiting forums and watch film. Hell I didn't even play college football and start 8 games as a sophomore H back!!! I'm so under qualified to even give my opinion. :sarcasm

Anyways, as I said...Cross is more proven than any other RB that hasn't played a single down at Nebraska...and that's a fact.

That was not aimed at you specifically, more so a general statement and I apologize. Been very disheartening the lack of excitement on this board for the season recently. Just a general vent. What's he proven?? My point is that I don't see him as having much bigger of a role than he currently does. I'm sorry, but I don't. He's proven he can perform in that role. That's all he's proven thus far. If he comes out and runs for 1000 yards, Ill admit to being wrong about him. Until then, my bet about Adam Taylor stands and I hope you take me up on it and catch one of our HuskerBoard tailgates.

It's great that Cross works hard but some of you are starting to sound like broken records. That is not a reason for him to play. If it was, we'd probably have 10 more walk ons starting. I'm not saying the other reasons for Cross to be #2 aren't good, but the fact that he works hard isn't one unless it actually helps him produce results.

He's given more reason for us to believe he'll play and play a lot than reasons that he won't. People who "know" that the freshmen who haven't even had an official practice at Nebraska will jump him are a bit too optimistic and unrealistic in my opinion.

I think the people who don't think Our freshmen will play haven't watched film on either freshmen.

You got me...I don't even watch the HUSKER GAMES. I'm so busted. and I never lurk in the recruiting forums and watch film. Hell I didn't even play college football and start 8 games as a sophomore H back!!! I'm so under qualified to even give my opinion. :sarcasm

Anyways, as I said...Cross is more proven than any other RB that hasn't played a single down at Nebraska...and that's a fact.

I think this situation will be very much like the Zac Lee QB situation in 2010. Many thought that he would be the starter based on experience alone. Martinez proved to be such a home run threat with his feet that the staff thought he had to be on the field. I predict either Newby or Taylor will emerge (this summer/fall) much the same way and be the 2nd stringer.

yeah, list is long.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but Nebraska has played freshmen RB's quite often over the last few years.

nope, no sarcasm. the list is long. at all skill positions during the pelini era. QB, WR, RB. the freshman thing doesn't usually hold up will on D though. seems like we get a freshman or rfrm in there that gets us hopeful, then they disappear (santos)

tumblr_m8g0juo74B1rv50kuo1_500.jpg

A shining example of a work ethic just like Imani's not of Taylor's

Clarification please.

Just that with Taylor we don't KNOW for sure what his work ethic will be. It's all what ifs at this point. But what we do know right now is that Imani works his ass off and wil continue to do that. Whether he will be a career backup or not, I know we have something great with him and whole heartedly believe (being another HS RB) that with his work ethic and from what I saw in his play time last year (VERY rarely fell backwards) and his ypc was trashed due to mostly short yardage attempts, that he will be another Husker great we will talk about in 4 years as someone who just made our team better no matter what his spot is on the depth chart.

Better clarification?

Clarification please.

Just that with Taylor we don't KNOW for sure what his work ethic will be. It's all what ifs at this point. But what we do know right now is that Imani works his ass off and wil continue to do that. Whether he will be a career backup or not, I know we have something great with him and whole heartedly believe (being another HS RB) that with his work ethic and from what I saw in his play time last year (VERY rarely fell backwards) and his ypc was trashed due to mostly short yardage attempts, that he will be another Husker great we will talk about in 4 years as someone who just made our team better no matter what his spot is on the depth chart.

Better clarification?

So the fact that Taylor worked with two personal trainers his second semester, one for strength one for speed, for four hours a day means nothing??

Clarification please.

Better clarification?

So the fact that Taylor worked with two personal trainers his second semester, one for strength one for speed, for four hours a day means nothing??

What issue is being debated here? Imani works hard so..... ADam Taylor works so....

Clarification please.

Better clarification?

No, just saying we don't know how it will translate here. I love the kid and think Taylor will be our next Husker great. I just don't think it will quite happen next year (him taking the 2 spot). Cross to me in what I saw in the spring and what I saw when oppurtunities were given last fall was that he could and definitely should take carries from AA's burden. It will help everyone out. I agree with you that Taylor will be amazing, we just disagree on Cross' upside.