2013 alt uniform game

Old traditionalist here, not to into the uniform color, but that is the color that young kids prefer now. I have no problems with it, but I am wondering how it will look on the field. I love the Falcons uniforms. It will be weird yelling go Big Red and there isn't any on the field. Hope it helps with recruiting, makes the university more money on jersey sales.

Just play the game right, and hopefully beat UCLA.

Old traditionalist here, not to into the uniform color, but that is the color that young kids prefer now. I have no problems with it, but I am wondering how it will look on the field. I love the Falcons uniforms. It will be weird yelling go Big Red and there isn't any on the field. Hope it helps with recruiting, makes the university more money on jersey sales.

Just play the game right, and hopefully beat UCLA.

The "N" on the helmets is still red. As long as that stays the same, we're all good!

It's been alluded to a few times already, but does this put any added pressure on the defense to show up for that game?

Yes - if the Blackshirts give up 600+ yards when they're actually wearing black shirts, they (and the tradition itself) become even more of a national punchline.

Those uniforms are awesome. Someone needs to do an demographic study on the opinion of these jerseys. I just can't figure out why some people don't like them.

I'm a middle-aged Filipino woman and I hate them.

Well I'm a geriatric dyslexic non-latino pacific islander and I like them.

It's been alluded to a few times already, but does this put any added pressure on the defense to show up for that game?

Yes - if the Blackshirts give up 600+ yards when they're actually wearing black shirts, they (and the tradition itself) become even more of a national punchline.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. One of the oft-used arguments for black jerseys has always been "it'll pay homage to the Blackshirt tradition". Well, here it is, the Blackshirt game. A defensive calamity just won't do.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. One of the oft-used arguments for black jerseys has always been "it'll pay homage to the Blackshirt tradition". Well, here it is, the Blackshirt game. A defensive calamity just won't do.

You're right.

Since it's the defense's first real test of the season, there's no reason to think it can't happen. I mean, how do you recover from a letdown like that? If we come out and get whipped on our home turf wearing a jersey designed to pay homage to our defensive legacy, it would be like eating a banana, throwing the peel on the ground in front of yourself and proceeding to slip on it.

The answers:

1. Black is the absence of color (and is therefore not a color)

Explanation:

When there is no light, everything is black. Test this out by going into a photographic dark room. There are no photons of light. In other words, there are no photons of colors.

Nice Beastie Boy reference:

Album: check your head

Song: namaste

Lyric: "I heard a voice in my head and She said, 'dark is not the opposite of light, it's the absence of light.' And I thought to myself 'well what is She talking about?' And for a moment I knew what it was all about." lol

These aren't that great to me, this year's alternate. I really liked last year's, with the big N on the front. These are kinda boring. I'm really really not against alternates, but I haven't liked one out of the gate; save for my initial reaction to the Throwbacks.

Call me old man (fine, I'm 36, I get it) but I just like our normal uni's. This is it for me: if I didn't like our colors (like Kstate, or texass) I would think they're cool/icy. But damn, Scarlett and Cream to me reigns supreme.