Your Top Five Blackshirts

1. Suh - nobody dominated his opponents the way this guy did. Man among boys
  2. Glover - old enough to have seen this guy play and he was relentless. quick, strong, and you could bet that he was going to be a part of every important play
  3. Wistrom - the standard bearer for all DE's
  4. David - motor, smarts, work ethic
  5. Amukamara - can't think of anyone better at the DB position.

Personally, I thought Dennard was the better corner.... I always think about Amukamara getting abused by Justin Blackmon, and than Dennard shutting him down in the 2nd half....

2. Glover - old enough to have seen this guy play and he was relentless. quick, strong, and you could bet that he was going to be a part of every important play

Personally, I thought Dennard was the better corner.... I always think about Amukamara getting abused by Justin Blackmon, and than Dennard shutting him down in the 2nd half....

Of the 3 or so plays that Blackmon made against Prince, and this was stated by players and coaches after the game, really only 1 was supposed to be Prince's responsiblity, and that play was a fluke, for a 40 or so yard bomb was underthrown, and Blackmon pretty much pushed off on Prince to get to it. The long trick play was not Prince's fault and really niether was the other. But Dennard was put on Blackmon in the second half because of his physicality in keeping Justin out of the secondary to begin with. Yes, I always though Dennard was better too, but that may also be because he got more opportunities to showcase his skill mainly becuase qb's avoided dealing with Prince alltogether. Dont know that we've ever or ever will see a corner tandom that stout at Nebraska.

Of the 3 or so plays that Blackmon made against Prince, and this was stated by players and coaches after the game, really only 1 was supposed to be Prince's responsiblity, and that play was a fluke, for a 40 or so yard bomb was underthrown, and Blackmon pretty much pushed off on Prince to get to it. The long trick play was not Prince's fault and really niether was the other. But Dennard was put on Blackmon in the second half because of his physicality in keeping Justin out of the secondary to begin with. Yes, I always though Dennard was better too, but that may also be because he got more opportunities to showcase his skill mainly becuase qb's avoided dealing with Prince alltogether. Dont know that we've ever or ever will see a corner tandom that stout at Nebraska.

I have to agree with RR, I have always thought of Dennard as a better blanket CB, while Prince was probably a little better in run support. Either way, both of those guys were just amazing.

Glover, Suh, Winstrom, David, J. Peter

Tom Novak would be in there some where!

A two-way player for Nebraska in the late 1940s, Novak is
Nebraska's only four-time all-conference selection on the gridiron
, earning All-Big Six honors as a fullback/center in 1946 and 1947 before moving to center, where he was a two-time All-Big Seven honoree in 1948 and 1949. In addition, he also was a linebacker, who sparked fear into the hearts of opponents. In 1947, Novak's toughness earned him a spot on Notre Dame's all-opponent team, despite the fact the Huskers fell to the Fighting Irish, 31-0.

A half century after his final game at Nebraska, Novak's name is still prevalent in Husker record books, as he is tied for third on the school's all-time interception list with 11. His five interceptions during the 1948 season remains a school record for linebackers.

But seriously, is no one going to point out the irony in EZ-E misspelling Matt Davison's name?

There is a fine line between an auto-correct from your iPhone and spelling Grant Wistrom as WiNstrom and Jason Peter and Peters. Good day bro.