I miss the Big XII.

The politics aside, I miss the easy road trips. I miss the gameday atmospheres at K-State and at Mizzou. I miss the Thursday night games. I miss NIGHT games period. I miss our rivalries. I'm not liking the "country club" feel of the B1G.

I agree with you about some of the teams that we used to play, but I more miss the Big 8, not the Big 12. I was very happy to get away from Texass running everything and acting like they were way more important than they actually were. When the Big 12 came in and took away our yearly game with Oklahoma, it was time to move on. That was the game that I looked forward to every year. I love the B1G! Give it time, and you will see that it is a much better fit for us.

• Fire 4

The politics aside, I miss the easy road trips. I miss the gameday atmospheres at K-State and at Mizzou. I miss the Thursday night games. I miss NIGHT games period. I miss our rivalries. I'm not liking the "country club" feel of the B1G.

Well, I'm sure Kansas St or Iowa St would love to have another fan.

I miss the Big 12 too sometimes. Just had more familiarity with those teams, particularly the old big 8 members. And I wanted to kick Texa$$ in the split a few times. They would not have ruled us forever.

At the same time, well, not much I can do about it.... so bring on the Wolverines.

Sorry, I have no desire to be involved in all the drama that was the Big XII ever again. I am perfectly happy with the BigTen. Now, if you want to talk about life before the Texas schools got involved, I'm fine with that. But, it's all in the past and I think we are in a pretty exciting and stable conference.

• Fire 2

i do not just because when we left the conference was falling about. texas was trying to figure out how to get the most money whether that meant going to the pac 10 (now 12) or starting its own tv station and not sharing any of those profits. we really needed to get out. and in my mind, even before we left it was the end of the big 12 as we knew it.

Well you're stuck with us now :P. Don't worry. Give it some more time and it will be better than the Big 12 ever was. You guys just need to build a history with some teams in the B1G. I mean, you're already doing that with Wisconsin (those games between UW and NU have been intense) and hopefully with us. Too bad we are switching divisions, but hopefully that means we'll just meet in the CCG every year from now on!

For us westerners, most around here really miss the Big 12. We were 100 miles closer to Boulder than we are Lincoln. It was a lot easier to get to an away game while in the Big 12 than in the B1G especially considering how far most of us are from a major airport. For those of us that liked to roadtrip, it was more appetizing to head 500+ miles to warm Lubbock than east for a potentially cold destination.

Most of the fans I run across are not pleased with our joining the B1G. When one looks strictly at football without factoring in the revenue, academics, etc.; I think most can identify. When we joined the B1G, it was almost like we traded in a mustang for a taurus. However, I do believe going forward the perception will change now that Urban Meyer is at Ohio State and Michigan finally seems headed in the right direction. I'd even go as far as to say the B1G now has a higher probability of knocking off a SEC team in the NC sooner than a Big 12 team does. It doesn't really seem all that long ago when most fans thought we'd mop the floor with the 97' Michigan team we had to share a title with or why the Penn State fans were whining they didn't get a share of the 94' NC.

• Fire 1