Who's not coming? - Players fight?

Alcohol, marijuana, paraphernalia, and a fight..... Do any, or all of these even combined, necessarily add up to being kicked off the team permanently? I would hope that our football players were above this behavior and smarter than that but I guess I'm missing the critical element that shouts "yeah, somebody's gone". I realize the players get scrutinized more and are held to a higher standard but, so far, it sounds like a typical Friday night from my college days.

Well, having pot or drug paraphernalia is a crime, fighting can be a crime, and underage drinking is a crime, so I would say yes, these definitely can lead to being kicked off the team permanently.

So are speeding and not wearing a seatbelt

Those are two totally different sets of crimes, and if the whole incident with Ndamukong Suh a few years ago was any sort of indicator, Bo Pelini has much more lax standards on that than the ones that have supposedly been perpetrated recently. Bo has a zero tolerance policy for underage drinking and (I would imagine) any sort of illicit drugs.

It really doesn't matter what any of our personal feelings on drugs and underage drinking are, because Bo Pelini makes the rules for this team. I'm pretty sure all of the guys on the team have to sign some sort of contract that says they know and understand all of those rules before they can become part of the team. If they break them, that's their fault. They were aware of the consequences and if they get kicked off the team for breaking simple rules that their freaking head coach set out for them, good riddance to them.

Alcohol, marijuana, paraphernalia, and a fight..... Do any, or all of these even combined, necessarily add up to being kicked off the team permanently? I would hope that our football players were above this behavior and smarter than that but I guess I'm missing the critical element that shouts "yeah, somebody's gone". I realize the players get scrutinized more and are held to a higher standard but, so far, it sounds like a typical Friday night from my college days.

Well, having pot or drug paraphernalia is a crime, fighting can be a crime, and underage drinking is a crime, so I would say yes, these definitely can lead to being kicked off the team permanently.

Those are two totally different sets of crimes, and if the whole incident with Ndamukong Suh a few years ago was any sort of indicator, Bo Pelini has much more lax standards on that than the ones that have supposedly been perpetrated recently. Bo has a zero tolerance policy for underage drinking and (I would imagine) any sort of illicit drugs.

Even when Quinten Castille got kicked off the team a few years back by Bo for smoking weed, it was something like Castille's 3rd strike.

Even when Quinten Castille got kicked off the team a few years back by Bo for smoking weed, it was something like Castille's 3rd strike.

Well, I have no idea what Bo's rules are, besides the zero tolerance for underage drinking. But, if a guy is stupid enough to keep smoking pot after the two warnings I'm sure he got, then there's no reason to keep him on the team. If that's the case with the four guys that are supposedly getting kicked off right now, I don't feel an ounce of compassion for them.

Suttles and Brown "served" TMart and AA. Apparently there were words exchanged and now there are more issues.

what the hell does this mean? so why don't you say what they are? Are TM and AA gone now, too?

Calm down, this is how EZ-E works. He'll play the "I know more than you know" thing for a while. Then he'll get berated for it. Mention your low post count. A bunch of people will come to his defense. It'll get moved to the shed, then we start all over again with the same thing a few days later regarding something else. Just ignore the post above. :)

Don't ignore me. Did I do anything in this thread to warrant or provoke this passive-aggressive back-handed comment???

It really doesn't matter what any of our personal feelings on drugs and underage drinking are, because Bo Pelini makes the rules for this team. I'm pretty sure all of the guys on the team have to sign some sort of contract that says they know and understand all of those rules before they can become part of the team. If they break them, that's their fault. They were aware of the consequences and if they get kicked off the team for breaking simple rules that their freaking head coach set out for them, good riddance to them.

I agree with this but those are some pretty big "ifs" and "pretty sures". IF they signed a team contract and subsequently didn't live up to their end of the bargain then, as we used to say in the frat "your bags can be found out on 16th street".

I am struggling with a potential zero tolerance policy for underage drinking or marijuana use though. These players are also college students, aren't they? I understand that if they know the rules then shame on them but, if those are the rules, seems a bit stringent to me. IMO, those should be at least 1 or 2 warning offenses before serious repercussions.

This is what I remember.