Thomas Brown & Ernest Suttles Off the Team

Suh also got suspended for two games for that altercation. I wouldn't call it a beat down either. He punched the guy one time in the face. He never used a weapon to handle business. Some might consider his hands a weapon though lol.

One punch doesn't give you a broken nose and black eyes. He got whopped.

Really? One punch can break a nose, which in return will blacken both eyes.

• Fire 1

I laughed hard when someone said we lost 2 highly recruited RBs in the past 2 years. Aaron Green? I'll give you that. But Braylon Heard? He wasn't highly recruited. In fact, we didn't offer him until late.

We have a knack of taking 3 star no names and turning them into outstanding athletes that make the highlight reel. Green transferred because he was home sick and felt he didn't fit our offensive system. Heard transferred because the coach who recruited him took another job. Neither of those situations are Bo Pelini's fault.

Pinning Todd Peat, Tyler Moore, Chase Rome, and that other offensive lineman from Illinois who isn't even playing football anymore on Bo Pelini is easier than Heard and Green.

This is all kind of scarry for the defense. Not that these two guys (Brown and Suttles) are gone, but the continued realization of how much we are going to be relying on underclassmen to come through for us. It appears that the Huskers really need a guy like Vincent Valentine to step up. The guy is a redshirt frosh. Same with Curry and a host of others. And many of these guys were not really highly recruited. When I say highly recruited, I mean to indicate their rating. I have always interpeted the star system to indicate either likely potential or immediate value. One and two star guys tend to be project guys that may or may not ever play. Guys that are three stars tend to be immediate role players in terms of limited downs or special teams work and may have a longer career track toward being an impact player. Guys that are four star tend to have the body type to contribute right now and make an impact beyond just being a role player, as in a solid starter, and they may have a longer career track toward being elite. FIve stars have immediate impact potential and a short career track towards being elite.

We recruit three star guys. Valentine and Curry are three star guys.

Sure, the star system isn't always right. Sometimes its fatally flawed. But it doesn give some indication

These guys might be good eventually, but it's hard for me to believe that a guy like Valentine spends one year on campus and is suddenly a major player on the front line.

I hope I am wrong, but it sure doens't seem that way.

Maybe it's just my hang over from last year talking.

I understand what you are saying and somewhat agree. But, to put a positive spin on it, we don't need an excessive amount of talent or such to improve over what we had last year. Maybe I'm a bit too hard on our D these last couple of years and maybe I'm being a little too optimistic but, is there anyway possible we don't improve at LB & DL? I shudder to think that it won't be much better regardless these two departures.

I hope you are right, but I am really worried about the DL. The DL was weak last year, but after Baker got hurt it was pathetic. I wonder how good Baker and Meredith really were. Our top DB ran a 40 at the combine that was slower than most camels. Maybe Baker and Meredith were the strength of last year's defense? I really hope they weren't, but if they were, this year could be even worse than last year.

Of course you are right. I am simply stretching to stay positive. We are definitely thin on experience and "knowing the system". However, all indications would suggest that our recruiting in these areas has increased the talent level and potential rather significantly. Bo might just have to break down and make do with what he has rather than waiting 5 years for the players to finally fit into his mold. I love Bo but one of my biggest exasperations with him has been a system that totally breaks down with one missed tackle or one mental mistake. I'm gonna be all goofy optimistic again and hope that maybe Bo will tweak the framework so they can be successful with less experienced guys. Youth aside, I've got to believe we'll be improved at speed, talent, & toughness. Those things can sure help hide some mental/experience issues.

On the bright side, this might force his hand back into that Peso defense and get Evans on the field more. I'm still not convinced with the right talent that defense wouldn't work in the B1G. I'd take Evans/Santos/Anderson in the Peso over Anderson/Santos/Roach in a more traditional B1G defense. Our experience and talent is deep in the backfield. Hopefully we see those guys on the field more in some variation of the Peso that takes the B1G by surprise.

+1

What I can't understand is how the f#*k anyone with a sane mind can even be arguing with Army Allen? Every point he has made here has been absolutely valid and he is simply stating what the majority of Husker Nation is feeling about Bo. If some of you stopped being such a PPP (Pelini Peter Puffer) and listen to what he is saying objectively you might learn a thing or two.

The two parts I am arguing about, is how he said Bo can't keep a team together? What has happened to make anyone think this? Moore leaving? Rome leaving? Heard and Green leaving? Him poking Taylor? Stafford and Bo exchange?

Taylor and Stafford incident- Get over yourself.

Moore- Surprise to everyone, I will admit that.

Rome- Poor sport and a bust.

Green- Great kid, didn't want to fight for his position

Heard- Too much depth and didn't want to fight for his position

Brown and Suttles getting kicked off the team his fault too? He can't control what these kids do when they aren't in school.

The other part I was disagreeing with, is calling all those, or any of those wins luck. That is a smack in the face to every one of those kids who stepped on the field. We all know we lacked a lot of talent on defense and had a LOT of offensive flaws in ball handling. It took a STRONG group of kids and coaches to pull together and get that W. It was anything but luck. We won those games because we played like a TEAM and overcame the adversity. They could have easily put their heads down and gave up.

• Fire 1

I laughed hard when someone said we lost 2 highly recruited RBs in the past 2 years. Aaron Green? I'll give you that. But Braylon Heard? He wasn't highly recruited. In fact, we didn't offer him until late.

We have a knack of taking 3 star no names and turning them into outstanding athletes that make the highlight reel. Green transferred because he was home sick and felt he didn't fit our offensive system. Heard transferred because the coach who recruited him took another job. Neither of those situations are Bo Pelini's fault.

Pinning Todd Peat, Tyler Moore, Chase Rome, and that other offensive lineman from Illinois who isn't even playing football anymore on Bo Pelini is easier than Heard and Green.

In their respective classes, Braylon Heard was ranked ahead of Aaron Green.

Braylon was the 50th best player in his class, or something around that, according to rankings if I recall correctly.

Just an FYI.

• Fire 1

Of course you are right. I am simply stretching to stay positive. We are definitely thin on experience and "knowing the system". However, all indications would suggest that our recruiting in these areas has increased the talent level and potential rather significantly. Bo might just have to break down and make do with what he has rather than waiting 5 years for the players to finally fit into his mold. I love Bo but one of my biggest exasperations with him has been a system that totally breaks down with one missed tackle or one mental mistake. I'm gonna be all goofy optimistic again and hope that maybe Bo will tweak the framework so they can be successful with less experienced guys. Youth aside, I've got to believe we'll be improved at speed, talent, & toughness. Those things can sure help hide some mental/experience issues.

On the bright side, this might force his hand back into that Peso defense and get Evans on the field more. I'm still not convinced with the right talent that defense wouldn't work in the B1G. I'd take Evans/Santos/Anderson in the Peso over Anderson/Santos/Roach in a more traditional B1G defense. Our experience and talent is deep in the backfield. Hopefully we see those guys on the field more in some variation of the Peso that takes the B1G by surprise.

+1

This^. Bring back the Peso. Speed kills plain and simple. 2003 we had Super D off the edge. He was a sacking, TFL, fumble causing machine. In the hey day of the 90's we got rid of the slow lumbering D and brought in speed. Beat UM, UF and UT for the MNC. Not bad.

Get our 11 best on the field. I do not buy into the B1G is a bruising conference, We need to force the O in the league to change to our D. Screw this 3 slow a$$ LB's who cant go sideline to sideline. Slow, plodding DE's who cant get up field and make the QB run for their lives.

I really think this is the year that we see an evolution on D like we saw in 2003 under Bo and in 2009-2010. This D (from the LB and DB's ) will look like nothing we have seen under Bo.

Braylon was the 50th best player in his class, or something around that, according to rankings if I recall correctly.

Just an FYI.

57th, he was the 5th best RB, while Green was ranked 61st and was the 8th best RB in his class.

But if you break down their offers, which I look at when people say highly recruited, Green had 26 offers while Heard had 12.

The only big name teams that offered Heard was Nebraska, Cincinatti, West Virgina, Penn St. Pittsburgh, Maryland, North Carolina, NC State.

vs Green who was offered by Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama, Florida St. Baylor, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, Okie St. Notre Dame, North Carolina, Stanford, Tennessee, USC.

Just an FYI.

57th, he was the 5th best RB, while Green was ranked 61st and was the 8th best RB in his class.

But if you break down their offers, which I look at when people say highly recruited, Green had 26 offers while Heard had 12.

The only big name teams that offered Heard was Nebraska, Cincinatti, West Virgina, Penn St. Pittsburgh, Maryland, North Carolina, NC State.

vs Green who was offered by Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama, Florida St. Baylor, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, Okie St. Notre Dame, North Carolina, Stanford, Tennessee, USC.

Somewhat of a moot point because Heard was a known academic risk, but still a valid point nonetheless.

Is it confirmed it was a crown bottle?

No. It was confirmed that it was a 'Hecho en Mexico' Coke bottle, which will be a critical court battle moment, since assaulting someone with a glass bottle from Mexico is a much serious charge. Finally, we'll get to the bottom of the case of where did the glass bottle come from? They're both black, so why was this an issue? Alcohol.

No. It was confirmed that it was a 'Hecho en Mexico' Coke bottle, which will be a critical court battle moment, since assaulting someone with a glass bottle from Mexico is a much serious charge. Finally, we'll get to the bottom of the case of where did the glass bottle come from? They're both black, so why was this an issue? Alcohol.

Has this been released in a report of some kind. Another poster sounded confident about it being a crown bottle.

Has this been released in a report of some kind. Another poster sounded confident about it being a crown bottle.

What nobody has mentioned is why use a crown bottle? Theres nothing to hold onto. Grab something with a neck like windsor.