Thomas Brown & Ernest Suttles Off the Team

Curious who called the police? Not saying it was the wrong thing to do, but I'm pretty sure worse has happened. Never will forget Victory Haines face after Suh laid hands on him.

what when on there?

Fight at practice, 2007 I believe, and Victory got beat down. I believe he broke his nose. Wish I could find the picture.

Suh also got suspended for two games for that altercation. I wouldn't call it a beat down either. He punched the guy one time in the face. He never used a weapon to handle business. Some might consider his hands a weapon though lol.

One punch doesn't give you a broken nose and black eyes. He got whopped.

It was a crown royal bottle, if we want to get technical.

Is that true? If so damn. There is a big difference between being hit by a beer bottle and a Crown bottle. Damn!

I'm afraid so. And in regards to the police being called, no police were called at the time of the incident. But when Santos reported to the hospital they are required by law to contact police in regards to injuries from assault, and so on.

Curious who called the police? Not saying it was the wrong thing to do, but I'm pretty sure worse has happened. Never will forget Victory Haines face after Suh laid hands on him.

what when on there?

Fight at practice, 2007 I believe, and Victory got beat down. I believe he broke his nose. Wish I could find the picture.

Suh also got suspended for two games for that altercation. I wouldn't call it a beat down either. He punched the guy one time in the face. He never used a weapon to handle business. Some might consider his hands a weapon though lol.

Sorry SEC, but yes it can...Either way, if its one punch or multiple, he got his ass kicked.

Stupid kids, all the opportunity in the world and you throw it away over a fight. Oh and don't be a wuss and grab a bottle and break it over a guys head! Be a man and step toe-to-toe, just means you wouldn't be what we wanted on the field anyways if you couldn't do something without help. Good riddance..............

what when on there?

Yes it does, easily. I took an inadvertent elbow to the nose, and it shattered my nose and caused two black eyes a few days later. A PUNCH from SUH could easily do that.

Supposedly brown was already on a short leash due to prior incidents, so it is understandable.

This being the straw that broke the camel's back rather than the whole reason he's gone would make more sense. Figured there was probably some reason outside what was coming-out for him to be gone.

He had trouble in high school too. Barely even made the grades to go to NU and made them last minute. Some of these kids "fail to qualify" because they didn't take the course needed... or because they took too many electives and not enough core classes to meet NU's requirements. Others take all the classes and fail um or make low C's. Brown was one of those dudes who could barely make it here.

How would you guys feel about a Defense with 2 Roses, a Valentine, and some Love. All decked out in red and white.

Took me a minute to get what you were saying, but I am picking up what your laying down! LOL

LOL... for those of you who are still scratching your heads. Jonathan Rose, Michael Rose, Courtney Love and Vincent Valentine = a red and white defense full of love.

Leave it to a woman.

:rolleyes:

Just kiddin around.

I don't like losing these guys. We need depth at both LB and D line.

However, Brown (even though we heard good things from him in practice) was a middle of the road talent wise recruit. Suttles was a low three star recruit that his next best offer was Iowa State.

I really wanted to see Brown this year. Suttles probably never would have seen the field until 2014 at the earliest.

These situations suck, but they happen on teams from time to time with over 100 guys who are recruited because they are aggressive.

The team will go on. If we have several injuries at the LB position we may look back at the end of the year and miss Brown. If we stay healthy, I don't think he will be missed.

It was a crown royal bottle, if we want to get technical.

Crown Royal?

Christ al'mignty this just gets worse. Cue NCAA investigations as to why these poor college athletes that cant have jobs are runnin around with crown royal.

Damn it all to hell.

At least that would be cooler than getting on probation for handing out too many text books.

I don't like losing these guys. We need depth at both LB and D line.

However, Brown (even though we heard good things from him in practice) was a middle of the road talent wise recruit. Suttles was a low three star recruit that his next best offer was Iowa State.

I really wanted to see Brown this year. Suttles probably never would have seen the field until 2014 at the earliest.

These situations suck, but they happen on teams from time to time with over 100 guys who are recruited because they are aggressive.

The team will go on. If we have several injuries at the LB position we may look back at the end of the year and miss Brown. If we stay healthy, I don't think he will be missed.

Like I said, we have a solid 3 deep at LB. The coaches have already evaluated the 2012 class and Santos, Roach, Anderson... They took 3 last year. Banderas is an Army All American. Ohio State, Florida St, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, USC and others all wanted Courtney Love, Newby was a four star guys wanted by several major programs as well... and this Jack Fordon guy would have been recruited by major programs if he hadn't missed a year of football due to injury.

We do need to take a couple guys in 2013 I feel. But this season we will be fine!

Here's how I think it'll go down...

SO (starter) David Santos 5.8 :star :star :star :star

JR (starter) Zaire Anderson 5.8 :star :star :star :star

RSFR (starter) Jared Afalava 5.7 :star :star :star

truFR (will play) Courtney Love 5.7 :star :star :star

RSFR (will play) Michael Rose 5.7 :star :star :star

JR (will play) Trevor Roach

truFR (redshirt, unless major injury to one above) Josh Banderas 5.8 :star :star :star :star

truFR (redshirt) Marcus Newby 5.8 :star :star :star :star

truFR (redshirt) Jack Fordon