UCLA game Black Jersey

A grown man wearing a jersey is usually an indicator that the person has never played football and doesn't know anything about it.

I beg to differ, sir.

I disagree as well. We bought my husband a Rex Burkhead jersey and he wore it proudly to Memorial Stadium. It was expensive too. He only wears it once in awhile on game days but I think it's no different than wearing a Husker T-Shirt.

Wearing red trumps anything else. Although black is not a bad choice either. In our over merchandized society, people feel that they need to wear the official gear of whatever team they claim loyalty to in order to display said loyalty. It comes as a shock to most, but you can be a die hard Husker fan and not own any Husker t-shirts or hats. Just saying.

I was at Husker Hounds the other day out on Center, the people working said that on the Friday before the first game thine is out the door and they reach capacity inside the store and have to basically have a bouncer outside letting people in and out.

On the jersey side of things I can see why little kids wear them. I can see why hot girls wear them, with that being said, the hot girls I know would have you believe that they he to get up at 5am to start getting ready if they are leaving Omaha by 8am, seems like it shouldn't take that long to toss on some Hukser gear.

A grown man wearing a jersey is usually an indicator that the person has never played football and doesn't know anything about it.

Nice blanket statement that makes zero sense......... eyeswear2allthatsholy It doesn't matter if someone wants to wear a jersey or not, as long as they're wearing Husker gear I'm good with it. I don't see why any of you care anyways? Can't wait for the season to start because threads like this are exactly the reason why. The O.P. just asked where he could get one, not if anyone thought it was okay for him to wear it or not. I played football for several years, I know plenty about football, I have two Husker jerseys...................your statement doesn't jive.

• Fire 3

Nice blanket statement that makes zero sense......... eyeswear2allthatsholy It doesn't matter if someone wants to wear a jersey or not, as long as they're wearing Husker gear I'm good with it. I don't see why any of you care anyways? Can't wait for the season to start because threads like this are exactly the reason why. The O.P. just asked where he could get one, not if anyone thought it was okay for him to wear it or not. I played football for several years, I know plenty about football, I have two Husker jerseys...................your statement doesn't jive.

Agreed. I personally wear a jersey to the game on hot days simply because I find it more comfortable. I also couldn't care less what other people choose to wear. The only people I shake my head at are the ones that can barely walk by themselves after the game (sometimes before too). Otherwise, wear whatever the heck ya want! my two pennies.

I have never seen the draw to wearing the jerseys. But have no problem with it. I do not own one, but I do have a Suh and I know the hate will follow, a Tebow jersey. Never worn either, got them for Christmas. I have gotten over the just wear red stuff, as it seems the youth really like the black gear. As long as your loud and cheering for the Skers, I could care less what you wear.

As for the Bama fan pictured, it is normal in the SEC, nothing out of the way. Their fans are just as loyal as ours and that is pretty much for every program. I lived in it for a lot of years, and truly enjoyed stepping outside the house on a Saturday morning and seeing every SEC team banner hanging up and down the block. Caught some heck about my Nebraska flag, but we were at the top then.

+1

No grown man should wear a jersey with another man's name on it. Leave the idolizing to the kids....

Agreed

Especially if you played, yourself

Why wear someone elses #?

IMO- the guys who earned the right to wear the jerseys- get to wear the jerseys- the NU football players

Leave that for the little star struck kids, SEC nerds and wanna be girlfriends

Wear what you want- but what you choose to wear tells a lot about you

I would not wear a jersey myself, but I don't see the harm in someone wearing one on gameday. However, it seems weird and kinda creepy when an overweight, unathletic grown man (possibly with a cigarette) wears the name and number of a college kid half his age with whom he has no personal connection.

I would not wear a jersey myself, but I don't see the harm in someone wearing one on gameday. However, it seems weird and kinda creepy when an overweight, unathletic grown man (possibly with a cigarette) wears the name and number of a college kid half his age with whom he has no personal connection.

That is very creepy, but just as weird iss the in-shape 20-something who wants to act like he is re-living his glory days by throwing on a football jersey to sit in the stands. Wear a t-shirt or sweatshirt. You aren't playing in the game.