ESPN: First Take with Pelini

This is what I could gather from watching ESPN's First Take with Skip and the bunch. Here's a summary of what Pelini had to say:

Do you think Taylor could have a better season than Manziel? (Comparing Martinez to another Manziel) Pelini: If he takes the kind of jump I expect him to, he could be great. Make the jump necessary to go to that elite level. Could see him in the Heisman race.

Pelini: Taylor is fitting the mold of being a great QB. Has the arm strength, talent. As he continues to grow and work on his decision making, he can go along way as a QB. I've coached in the league for 9 years, there's no question in my mind he is going to play QB in the NFL.

Pelini: Looking forward to the Bruins coming to Lincoln.

Pelini: He may break records at the combine. He's fast, he's fast FAST. 4.3 speed. He's that fast.

Pelini handled the first question of the show about his sideline demeanor (f'ing figures). He was very kind, cool and collected about the question. He stated that he is has gotten much better at channeling his behavior on the field and has sought out Osborne out for advice.

• Fire 2

You find that a shocking comment. Half on this board do not feel he should be starting here. The general perception of Taylor is an adequate QB, improving skills and fast. this year if he makes the improvements he made last year, he might get a shot as the NFL is dancing with running QB's. But him actually playing the NFL as a full time QB is doubtful in my mind. And I have been one of his strongest supporters since his first game. Like the kid, but a typical NFL QB he is not.

Lets all be honest. The comment that Martinez will play QB in the NFL is a joke. There is a big difference on the skills you have to have in college compared to the NFL.

I like him for us here at Nebraska, but if I was an NFL coach ----no way

I don't think it's too off track.

Right now, what would Taylor have to do for him to be like Russell Wilson, who, you know, only led the Seahawks to the playoffs last year?

Lets all be honest. The comment that Martinez will play QB in the NFL is a joke. There is a big difference on the skills you have to have in college compared to the NFL.

I like him for us here at Nebraska, but if I was an NFL coach ----no way

I don't think it's too off track.

Right now, what would Taylor have to do for him to be like Russell Wilson, who, you know, only led the Seahawks to the playoffs last year?

No offense to Taylor, because I'm a big fan of his, but he is no where near the QB Russell Wilson is as of right now.