expansion news

Oklahoma submitted a plan to the Big Ten that forecasts them qualifying for AAU membership.
full

How recent?

I believe they submitted this plan last week.

No idea WHEN they would be AAU but they are considered a pretty good research institution right now.

smart for OU keeping their options open. Big XII, Big Ten or Pac-12. I believe their President is firmly against OU in the SEC. You have to think that they ideally don't want to be a part of a west coast conference which doesn't get a lot of pub from the East Coast.

I don't think we'll ever see Texas in the B1G. I think (and hope) that UNL would simply veto their application. I wouldn't be opposed to adding Kansas and Oklahoma though. But I suspect that OU would rather join the PAC with Texas, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech.

I really doubt NU gets veto power on anything (nor does anyone else).

I don't think a single school could veto a potential new member. Just thinking I recall hearing this.

That said, I doubt anyone will vote against, if a new school gets close enough for a vote to be taken or announced. That seems a sure way to create bad blood between school admins, and could lead to problems in the future. Anyway, if 12 of 14 schools, say, are for a member the remaining two should probably rethink their positions.

I never said Texas and/or OU was joining the Big Ten.

I said they met with the Big Ten last week with mutual interest in hooking up(no pun intended). Was Texas using the Big Ten for leverage? possibly. maybe they really want Pac-12 or the other Big XII members to submit. Maybe OU is keeping their options open. who knows.

I said they met with the Big Ten last week with mutual interest in hooking up(no pun intended). Was Texas using the Big Ten for leverage? possibly. maybe they really want Pac-12 or the other Big XII members to submit. Maybe OU is keeping their options open. who knows.

They met with Kansas and possibly Missouri earlier this year as well.

They met with Kansas and possibly Missouri earlier this year as well.

If the Big Ten called KU would be in before Delaney could finish his offer. 100%,

KU is a contingent add though, need a splash school or market to add them.

You may say I'm a dreamer....but just imagine a football conference with 6 of the top 10 all time programs, and Basketball with IU,KU, Sparty, OSU, scUM, etc

Wrestling and Volleyball unmatched.