****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

Watched a couple of the games last night that BTN and ESPN were replaying, and I couldn't help but notice that we are more than likely upgrading at every position with maybe the exception of caveman. It's going to be fun to watch the wolves be released this fall.

I was watching too, and would agree about the defense. I'm starting to become optimistic that our defense will be better.

Our offense, on the other hand... It's getting a lot of hype, but man - they made TONS of mistakes last year. They were explosive enough to overcome them much of the time, but they didn't really play like a championship offense last year. I know they're working on eliminating mistakes during fall camp, but when the season starts are Taylor and Ameer really going to stop putting the ball on the ground? Is the offensive line really going to be better at reading the blitz? Is Andrew Rodriguez really going to stop committing three crucially timed penalties per game?

I hope the offense is as good as everyone thinks it will be, but it's been making the same mistakes over and over again for several seasons now.

Agree with you here.

As for the offense, this is the third season under Beck and TM will be a senior. That combined with getting almost everyone back from the 2 deep, makes me think the offense really will be better this year. I don't think we'll average 50 points per game, but we shouldn't have so many heartache-inducing moments.

Watched a couple of the games last night that BTN and ESPN were replaying, and I couldn't help but notice that we are more than likely upgrading at every position with maybe the exception of caveman. It's going to be fun to watch the wolves be released this fall.

I was watching too, and would agree about the defense. I'm starting to become optimistic that our defense will be better.

Our offense, on the other hand... It's getting a lot of hype, but man - they made TONS of mistakes last year. They were explosive enough to overcome them much of the time, but they didn't really play like a championship offense last year. I know they're working on eliminating mistakes during fall camp, but when the season starts are Taylor and Ameer really going to stop putting the ball on the ground? Is the offensive line really going to be better at reading the blitz? Is Andrew Rodriguez really going to stop committing three crucially timed penalties per game?

I hope the offense is as good as everyone thinks it will be, but it's been making the same mistakes over and over again for several seasons now.

I have noticed this about the offense as well. That michigan st game we pulled out of our asses. Their D was dominating us for most of the game.

I will say that the Cap1 bowl did show a bit more of our offense's versatility against a big time D.

But yeah, if you go back and actually watch the games, we had a lot of issues on offense. I cant imagine how good we could be if we could run the offense more seamlessly.

I have noticed this about the offense as well. That michigan st game we pulled out of our asses. Their D was dominating us for most of the game.

I will say that the Cap1 bowl did show a bit more of our offense's versatility against a big time D.

But yeah, if you go back and actually watch the games, we had a lot of issues on offense. I cant imagine how good we could be if we could run the offense more seamlessly.

Taylor was running for his life every time he dropped back to pass. If we fix that, or at least improve dramatically in that area we will easily eliminate a lot of those mistakes.

Someone needed to say it.

As much as I love the offense's potential this season, that's all it really is, potential. They need to break an unfortunate pattern that's been preventing our offense from being elite.

As much as I love the offense's potential this season, that's all it really is, potential. They need to break an unfortunate pattern that's been preventing our offense from being elite.

Sadly, the only thing that has really stopped our O consistently is our O. From the fumbles, INT's, penalties and sacks..... Limit the fumbles (supposedly a priority in camp. IIRC Martinez said it has not been on the turf all fall), stupid penalties and block better we have the potential to be lethal on O. I think fumbles is the easiest thing to fix and then the INT's. Martinez senior year, IMO, there will be more freedom to tuck and run. If he does that, throws away or we use a back as a safety ala Lucky we should really cut down on sacks and INT's. Blocking, IMO, will be the hardest to fix as it relates to pass pro.

If we can establish a decent pass block, it will put some stuff on film to make DC's (IMO) rethink stacking the box. We get them out of the box and our running game goes wild, bring them in and with better pro, Martinez uses our receivers to eat D's alive.

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 29m

UCLA definitely will test notion that Nebraska's defense is faster and more athletic this season. That little Bruin RB (Thigpen) can fly.

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC 2h

Tomorrow's story topic: Sacks allowed. The #Huskers gave up 35 last yr. Eleven in the last 2 losses. Ranked 90th in stat. Focal point in '13

Regarding the latter, I had no idea it was THAT bad.

Sadly, the only thing that has really stopped our O consistently is our O. From the fumbles, INT's, penalties and sacks..... Limit the fumbles (supposedly a priority in camp. IIRC Martinez said it has not been on the turf all fall), stupid penalties and block better we have the potential to be lethal on O. I think fumbles is the easiest thing to fix and then the INT's. Martinez senior year, IMO, there will be more freedom to tuck and run. If he does that, throws away or we use a back as a safety ala Lucky we should really cut down on sacks and INT's. Blocking, IMO, will be the hardest to fix as it relates to pass pro.

If we can establish a decent pass block, it will put some stuff on film to make DC's (IMO) rethink stacking the box. We get them out of the box and our running game goes wild, bring them in and with better pro, Martinez uses our receivers to eat D's alive.

there were also times last year where I was left scratching my head after some of Mr Becks play calling.

there were also times last year where I was left scratching my head after some of Mr Becks play calling.

That will happen every year with every offensive coordinator for every team in the country always.

Yep. I remember how much flak Osborne took over the short-side option and the lack of a dropback passing game. Then that all went away when Tommie and crew started dominating.

That will happen every year with every offensive coordinator for every team in the country always.

Yep. I remember how much flak Osborne took over the short-side option and the lack of a dropback passing game. Then that all went away when Tommie and crew started dominating.

Actually I remember going to a game after we had won a championship and while Osborne was still there, it may have been 96, and I can still hear the old lady behind us yelling "we need a new coach out there calling the plays" because we had to punt on the first series...

Actually I remember going to a game after we had won a championship and while Osborne was still there, it may have been 96, and I can still hear the old lady behind us yelling "we need a new coach out there calling the plays" because we had to punt on the first series...

Oh yeah. I had forgotten that there was a lot of ridiculousness about Osborne needing an Offensive Coordinator and not being able to handle both HC and OC play calling.