****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

Ron Brown better start to can it here pretty soon.

Why? He really complimented his guys. It's a good thing, and he's not wrong about the others.

Bo doesn't like when coaches talk about players no longer with the program.

And, he isn't wrong about the others, eh? You know Aaron Green, but more specifically, Braylon Heards work ethic, huh?

No, I don't know their work ethic... However, I'd bet Ron Brown does. And I say if he wants to make evaluations on that (you know, part of what he gets paid to do), I don't see a problem with it. Oh, but excuse me. I'm sure you know Aaron Green's, but more specifically, Braylon Heard's work ethic, huh?

I do not believe I was talking to you.

But if you're curious, I guarantee I've been to more practices and talked to more coaches than you have. So, I'd say I know a little bit about what goes on around our team. Funny how I posted something about Cethan Carter the day before Bo mentions him, or that I mentioned errors in the LB core the day before they run an article talking about them shifting LBs around to find chemistry back there?

Better luck next time, chump.

No, I don't know their work ethic... However, I'd bet Ron Brown does. And I say if he wants to make evaluations on that (you know, part of what he gets paid to do), I don't see a problem with it. Oh, but excuse me. I'm sure you know Aaron Green's, but more specifically, Braylon Heard's work ethic, huh?

But if you're curious, I guarantee I've been to more practices and talked to more coaches than you have. So, I'd say I know a little bit about what goes on around our team. Funny how I posted something about Cethan Carter the day before Bo mentions him, or that I mentioned errors in the LB core the day before they run an article talking about them shifting LBs around to find chemistry back there?

I would believe Ron Brown over some chump who "watches some practices" and thinks he knows everything. Its funny when the media had the same access you did. Their work ethic was obviously not at par with the others on the team, OTHERWISE they would be here with a starting roll. Also, you seem to mention that Heard worked his tail off for us, but since you know it all, why didn't you mention how the coaches worked their tail off to GET HIM HERE because he was having troubles becoming eligible?

• Fire 1

I would believe Ron Brown over some chump who "watches some practices" and thinks he knows everything. Its funny when the media had the same access you did. Their work ethic was obviously not at par with the others on the team, OTHERWISE they would be here with a starting roll. Also, you seem to mention that Heard worked his tail off for us, but since you know it all, why didn't you mention how the coaches worked their tail off to GET HIM HERE because he was having troubles becoming eligible?

Hint - I'm not in Nebraska - I'm in Oregon, I have to get my information from somewhere, right? So, no I don't knoweverything. I know what some specific people choose to tell me; and as for the bolded statement, that is just pure horse sh#t and you don't know what the f#*k you are talking about. The hardest workers aren't always the ones who start and I can guarantee you that some of the hardest workers on our team, don't start. There is a little thing that factors in called talent.

Regarding the last thing - thats simple. No one was questioning the work ethic of our coaching staff - so there was no reason to "defend" it. Genius.

Everybody loosen up your panties and shut up about one quote.

Ron Brown wasn't questioning the work ethic of Aaron Green or of Braylon Heard as much as he was saying that the guys who are still here are both hard workers AND committed to the program players. And something that all of us can question of Braylon Heard and Aaron Green is their commitment to the program. Instead of trying to stay and work their way up, they left for another program. It isn't wrong--they have to do what they think will be best for their respective careers--it just doesn't show commitment, which is what Ron Brown, one of a very few people who can make a valid judgment of commitment, was saying.

Why they weren't committed is an entirely different question. The vitriol that is being thrown around in these last few posts is ridiculous.

• Fire 2

Hint - I'm not in Nebraska - I'm in Oregon, I have to get my information from somewhere, right? So, no I don't knoweverything. I know what some specific people choose to tell me; and as for the bolded statement, that is just pure horse sh#t and you don't know what the f#*k you are talking about. The hardest workers aren't always the ones who start and I can guarantee you that some of the hardest workers on our team, don't start. There is a little thing that factors in called talent.

Regarding the last thing - thats simple. No one was questioning the work ethic of our coaching staff - so there was no reason to "defend" it. Genius.

Don't want to get in the middle of this, but you need to calm down bro. No need to get all worked up. This is a message board and nothing on here is ever personal cuz you have no clue who you're actually talking to (in most cases). Just sit back, have a beer, and relax. It's all good! Only three more weeks

Ron Brown wasn't questioning the work ethic of Aaron Green or of Braylon Heard as much as he was saying that the guys who are still here are both hard workers AND committed to the program players. And something that all of us can question of Braylon Heard and Aaron Green is their commitment to the program. Instead of trying to stay and work their way up, they left for another program. It isn't wrong--they have to do what they think will be best for their respective careers--it just doesn't show commitment, which is what Ron Brown, one of a very few people who can make a valid judgment of commitment, was saying.

Why they weren't committed is an entirely different question. The vitriol that is being thrown around in these last few posts is ridiculous.

Fair enough. I guess my point was that this is the second time he has not been so transparent about calling out former running backs. They aren't with the team and they aren't associated with the team and its probably time to drop it. It got a little out of hand. My bad.

Back on topic!

Fair enough. I guess my point was that this is the second time he has not been so transparent about calling out former running backs. They aren't with the team and they aren't associated with the team and its probably time to drop it. It got a little out of hand. My bad.

Back on topic!

When was the first?

Back on topic!

When was the first?

He had been overshadowed by Aaron Green and Braylon Heard on signing day. Brown said he could tell Abdullah's attitude and work ethic — he's a voracious weight lifter — would carry him further than the other two. Green transferred to TCU after one season and Heard moved on to Kentucky last spring.

``There are enough special-teams roles where you can demonstrate speed, toughness and courage, and Ameer took that to heart,'' Brown said. ``You look at the guys who left. Their roles on special teams were pretty dog-gone minimal. People want to leave because they sometimes feel a sense of entitlement. That's what I love about Ameer. He had to wait to make his contribution as a running back, but he didn't sit still waiting for his turn.''

Even IF I did agree with his sentiments, which I somewhat do (Braylon's case is a lot different than Aaron's - and Braylon put in a lot more work) you can't just run around bashing former players left and right, even if it is to pimp Ameer. Do it some other way.

and yup I'm greeeaaattttt :leghump: :waste

Wow Oregon. I really like the info you add to this board. But you need to lighten up a bit. You're not the only one with good insider info here. Think humility.

/ then again. I've been drinking. So whatever. :lol:

• Fire 1
HuskersTalk@BigRedExtra 5h

RT @OWHnews: .@OWHbigred sits down with Taylor Martinez as the, #Huskers gear up for season. http://bit.ly/14Ea07Y

Let me summarize the interview for anyone who doesn't want to take the time to read it.

Interviewer: so how is this going?

Taylor: good. Going really good.

Interviewer: how does this look?

Taylor: it all looks good. Looks really good.

Interviewer: and are things good?

Taylor: yes things are good, really really good.

Interviewer: defense?

Taylor: good. So good. Really good.

Interviewer: thanks Taylor good interview. Really good.

• Fire 4

I want to remind folks to calm down and not to fly off the handle here. I know everyone wants the season to start, but relax and have good discussions. No single person on this board knows every little thing about this team.....................well besides knapp, no idea who he is, but his connections are ridiculous! Tom is that you?

• Fire 2