****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

DeJon Gomes figured it out pretty quick. He played very well his first year. Remember that '09 defense. They all seemed to have down pretty good in just year 2. It's a matter of having the right guys to fit that system. The last couple defenses were just full of a lot of recruiting misses. God bless 'em, they played their asses off, but some just werent a good fit. We pretty much get to hit the reset button so to speak. And I expect an improvement and more consistency.

Everything coming out of camp says Collins is going to be special, probably not this year, although we will see flashes if he stays healthy.

I love our schedule. It sets us up perfectly to get theses guys experience. Even if we lose to UCLA we have 2 bye weeks and the bottom of the big 10 to get get all these guys up to speed. By the time we hit November they will have so much practice and game experience they won't be freshman anymore.

That said, I'm off the kool aid train because of the KW injury, and I'm glad I am. Not necessarily because of the injury, mostly because it brought the facts to light, and knocked me back to reality. KW was our third most experienced returning dline with 4 tackles. That's scary, especially when you consider Randle has been here 5 years and has never played a full season healthy.

We have mountains of potential, but I'm really worried about the young guys staying healthy, they might not have the strength to hold up quite yet. Look what happened to Curry and Moss last year, barely got any time before they got hurt. Mcmullens been hurt spring and fall, so I don't see him making it thru the year. Hearing about the young guys is great, for the future, but if they start going down because they aren't ready we won't have the defense we could have, and we will see another blowout.

I'm not down by any means, we still win 10 games, I just think we're a year away from tge defense being truly dominate again. The schedule is a big help and well be playing good D by seasons end, but I got a feeling were going to pretty banged up again come the Iowa game. If we somehow keep everyone healthy we could really pull off a great year. Thats going to require the coaches to rotate freely, and a little bit of luck.

BTW BTN will be here on Monday, will be interesting to see what they have to say. They have mostly been honest about teams weaknesses that I've noticed, but not shy about heaping on the praise to the strengths, so the kool aid should start to flow again.

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH 2m

Per spokesman, Ross Dzuris' addition to the 105 (h/t @Sean_Callahan) has nothing to do with McMullen or Gregory. Simmer, #huskers fans.

I would guess the loss of Blum was the main reason, even if they don't play the same position.

Apparently Connor Ketter was added to replace Blum. Dzuris was also added due to an injury but no one seems to know who else got hurt.

All you have to do is watch the Penn State game last year to see how difficult Bo's D is to pick up. We had eight seniors on last year's DEF and in a November game they were still having trouble lining up play by play. Bo burned all three timeouts on defense in the first half.

If guys are picking it up fast enough to play as true Freshmen it means they're either really football smart or Bo dumbed it down to get them on the field.

Neither of which is a bad thing.

I don't care who gets on the field or how as long as they can make tackles. Clearly our seniors last year lacked in that basic fundamental of defense last year.