****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

First the shirtless photo with the OLine and now this. Somebody needs to tell Martinez that he doesn't have to say yes to every photo op.

Then his leadership will be questioned...these pictures also give us a good chance to evaluate the progress of his throwing motion.

• Fire 2

As I said earlier, LB was a concern for Bo. Bo says he's seen a big jump over the last couple weeks of practice...not as much of a concern now.. Courtney Love probably gonna redshirt...

Eric Olson@ericolson6452m

T. Newby, Collins, Maurice, Gregory, Gerry, Cethan Carter all new faces who likely be on field Saturday, Pelini says. #Huskers

hmmmm...... No mention of Adam Taylor.

Caught my eye as well. But judging from other comments over the last week he doesn't seem to be working into the mix very quickly.

I expect him to play. This is the first comment that I've seen him not mentioned.

Seems like a couple quotes from Beck over the last week kind of left him out as well. I'd have to find them. Not saying he won't play, just maybe not as much in the mix as I expected.

From that link:

>>Pelini said true freshmen Cethan Carter, Nate Gerry, Josh Banderas, Terrell Newby, Kevin Maurice and Maliek Collins will play this season. Adam Taylor is believed to be in that mix, as well, to burn his redshirt. Look for freshman linebacker Courtney Love to redshirt, mostly because he missed so much camp due to a hamstring injury. Pelini said Love will be a top player down the road.

Here was the bit from Cooper:

>>Nebraska’s young defense is ready, said junior safety Corey Cooper. He thinks the 2013 unit will be faster than the 2012 bunch, as well. Which positions?

“All of them,” Cooper said. “The depth chart is athletic from the front end to the back end.”

Because Nebraska will play so many defenders, look for fewer Blackshirts to be handed out — presuming they’re earned at some point during the year — Pelini said. This would be a reversal of 2011 when Bo Pelini’s brother, Carl Pelini, handed out 20 Blackshirts in early November after the Huskers beat Michigan State. NU promptly lost to Northwestern one week later.

More defenders means fewer Blackshirts? :dunno That would make some happy but I'm missing the logic.

Because Nebraska will play so many defenders, look for fewer Blackshirts to be handed out — presuming they’re earned at some point during the year — Pelini said. This would be a reversal of 2011 when Bo Pelini’s brother, Carl Pelini, handed out 20 Blackshirts in early November after the Huskers beat Michigan State. NU promptly lost to Northwestern one week later.

More defenders means fewer Blackshirts? :dunno That would make some happy but I'm missing the logic.

I think the mindset is that Blackshirts will only go to the guys that will start and be on the field almost every time regardless of formation - so the guys that are in more "specialty" roles probably wouldn't get any.

I think the mindset is that Blackshirts will only go to the guys that will start and be on the field almost every time regardless of formation - so the guys that are in more "specialty" roles probably wouldn't get any.

But I thought having a lot of guys that play was the reason for giving out more than 11 Blackshirts. Unless by so many he's talking 20+ so they're going to cut it back to just 11 or so. But the wording of that just didn't make any sense.

But I thought having a lot of guys that play was the reason for giving out more than 11 Blackshirts. Unless by so many he's talking 20+ so they're going to cut it back to just 11 or so. But the wording of that just didn't make any sense.

That was the reason we gave out more in the past. Notice the key bolded word:

Because Nebraska will play so many defenders, look for fewer Blackshirts to be handed out — presuming they’re earned at some point during the year — Pelini said. This would be a reversal of 2011