Debate: What advantages does the Nebraska job have over the Oklahoma job

Obviously from we excel in Academics and MUCH better facilities. I believe our fan support with the sell out games (guarantee 85K+ fans each game), the atmosphere in Lincoln and the knowledge of our fans help us. When recruits come to Lincoln, they are known by quite a few people, which can give them a taste of what the fame can bring. If we can get a kid to visit us, and it came down to us or OU, I believe we will land them. It just comes down to trying to get them here. Our location and the way the other recruiters talk about us, is the huge disadvantage. To MANY recruits, Lincoln is a hole in the wall town, with nothing but houses around the college. Basically a college town with no shopping malls or entertainment. This is the perception other recruits and coaches give kids. Once they are here, they are instantly hooked. We show them what their daily lives will be like, while trying to gain a great relationship. Of course, we make time to make it about football as well.

If we can get the recruit here, they are more likely ours to lose.

.......... and MUCH better facilities..........................Basically a college town with no shopping malls or entertainment.

No, a little bit better facilities instead of MUCH better.

And Norman is too a college town with no major shopping malls or little entertainment. However OU campus is nicer than UNL.

I lived in Lincoln from 1983 to 1993 and moved to Norman from 1993 to present.

OU's proximity to Texas and Dallas/FW area is a huge advantage. I believe Norman is actually closer to Dallas than Austin to Dallas.

THe state of OK also produces way more D-1 players than NE.

Their facilities are pretty close to on par with NU's.

True. I believe it is contractually required that ABC show that graphic every year during the Red River Rivalry.

Lincoln always felt a little big to just be a college town. Its not small but its not too big either, just about perfect. There seems to be a lot of money being spent to improve the downtown experience and the university. I don't think Norman or OU can match it now and it won't even be worthy of discussion in 5-10 years. Maybe someday our program will be at cutting edge of player development like we were in the past. But that advantage seems to have evaporated long ago.

.......... and MUCH better facilities..........................Basically a college town with no shopping malls or entertainment.

And Norman is too a college town with no major shopping malls or little entertainment. However OU campus is nicer than UNL.

I will admit I didn't see a lot of the OU campus but what I did see (football stadium area) looked like they dropped a few modern buildings into a residential area comparable to 9th & D in Lincoln. But that wasn't fifteen blocks away, it was right across the street. Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to judge but the immediate area around their stadium seemed like a major shithole. And I kinda like and have respect for OU.

OU has a cool new dorm the jocks will be living in(it's big enough that 51% of residents will be non-athletes so it's not a NCAA violation). In terms of stadium, weightroom,and other facilities we are hands-down superior. Our fans are more loyal. We alos provide some of the best academic support in the country. On the negative Oklahoma has more high school talent than Nebraska and Texas not only has more talent than all the states surrounding us but they still have more talent if you expand that radius out to two states. OU has had more recent success that, is a good selling-point too.

I disagree, we have one of the top facilities in the nation. OU is ranked to have the 3rd best facility in the Big 12, while we are #2 in the B1G, behind tOSU.

As far as your statement on Norman, I will have to take your word on that, but I never said anything about that. My comment was about Nebraska. You add in weather factors, it makes kids not want to visit, while in OU, the weather is much more pleasurable. The outside perspective, is Lincoln is a hole in the wall hick town, with no entertainment. Add cold winters in there, and kids already have a bad perception. Get them up here and show them its all a lie, besides the snow, and they will have a whole new outlook. This has been stated by quite a few high recruits who have came here.