***2015 Recruiting***

With the Dillman to H Back news, I wonder who we will see Riley target for QB. Will he look for a pure pocket guy?

I hope not.

not sure if I hope so or not.

but if he does turn a pretty big name QB recruit after the dead period... that would tell me someone on the staff watched some tape and wasn't sold...

I wouldn't mind a QB recruit, just not a pure-pocket guy. Look at the top 20 teams, maybe 4-5 use pure pocket guys. It's not what wins anymore. Now a pass first with some mobility, JT Barrett/Blake Sims style would be great.

I would welcome a pure pocket passer if he was good at it. It sure worked in Alabama (before Sims this year). Ultimately, I like a solid running game. The ability to run the ball coupled with play action from a quarterback who can accurately throw down field will always win games. One of the reasons (not the only one) that Bama attracts so many top recruits is they know that system translates well to playing on Sundays.
McCarron is lucky he had the best D and top RB stables in the nation. Their offense is so much better with Sims as the QB. It's pretty obvious when watching them.

It's not coincidence that all 4 teams in the playoffs have QBs with mobility.

• Fire 1

Huskers are encouraging commits to visit January 23-26 to meet the entire new staff.

So far, Daishon Neal, Khalil Davis, Carlos Davis, Tyrin Ferguson and have said they'll be here that weekend.

Eric Lee, Avery Anderson, Aaron Williams and Dedrick Young will already be enrolled.

That's 8 of our 13 commits right now. Good sign.

• Fire 1

Huskers are encouraging commits to visit January 23-26 to meet the entire new staff.

So far, Daishon Neal, Khalil Davis, Carlos Davis, Tyrin Ferguson and have said they'll be here that weekend.

Eric Lee, Avery Anderson, Aaron Williams and Dedrick Young will already be enrolled.

That's 8 of our 13 commits right now. Good sign.

Schaefer from 247 said he got a message from Khalil saying that he may have jumped the gun a little about the twins definitely being there (their visit to Mizzou is scheduled for that weekend). Not saying they won't, just that it's not definite.

Was looking at our 247 page and saw the list of team rankings. We were something like #37, however I noticed #36 was SEC champ participant Mizzou, #38 was PAC12 champ participant Zona, and #39 was ACC participant GTech. Not sure it really means anything, just interesting to see conference championship participants ranked about where we are. Baylor (top 5/10 team) is at #40 also.

Was looking at our 247 page and saw the list of team rankings. We were something like #37, however I noticed #36 was SEC champ participant Mizzou, #38 was PAC12 champ participant Zona, and #39 was ACC participant GTech. Not sure it really means anything, just interesting to see conference championship participants ranked about where we are. Baylor (top 5/10 team) is at #40 also.

Heard from a few posters that if we can't get inside the top 25, we may as well cancel the season.

Heard from a few posters that if we can't get inside the top 25, we may as well cancel the season.

If they really care about star rankings, I'd point them towards the "average" instead of total points. Total points takes into account # of commits, the average just looks at the quality...not quantity. We have a better average then 12 of the team ahead of us.