-*The "Compliments from Opposing Fans" Thread*-

Landlord

I doubt it, most Badger fans are absolute trash and proud of it. Friggin awful, remind me of K-State fans.

when their student section has an "F you eat poo" chant, you know they aren't good people

Most student sections do stuff like this. They're students. Nebraska is an anomaly in this regard, but it doesn't mean we're the only good people in college football.

I doubt it, most Badger fans are absolute trash and proud of it. Friggin awful, remind me of K-State fans.

when their student section has an "F you eat poo" chant, you know they aren't good people

Most student sections do stuff like this. They're students. Nebraska is an anomaly in this regard, but it doesn't mean we're the only good people in college football.

I understand this, but most don't take it to THAT level. I sat in the Iowa student section a few years ago, and they were all cool. Oh well, Oregon fans seemed to enjoy their time here.

I do love hearing this stuff but with that said I have never been treated poorly at a road game, in fact I have only been treated really freaking well.

Michigan State. 2012. A lot of sh#t talking. Watched the Michigan State defense swing at Nebraska fans who were just leaving the packed bar.
Like I said...never seen it. Not one thing, nothing. Not a mean word, not a nasty glare nothing at all.

I sort of have a hard time believing that the "MSU defense" took a swing at some Husker fans at a bar. Even if that did happen, doesn't it sound fishy? Like...that there might be more to it?

What does sh#t talking mean? Like, what does that include?

There is a bar at MSU that has a row of steps to the front door. The bar was over capacity and we were leaving. Another group of husker fans were leaving at the same time. As we were leaving, players from the MSU defense were waiting to get inside the bar. As we walked out, they were saying sh#t like "f#*k Nebraska" and talking about how the refs threw the game. We were literally surrounded by over a dozen D1 athletes as we wore husker gear. One of the MSU cbs swung at a guy in the group in front of us and stopped an inch from his face. The guy just kept walking. I didn't hear him say a word and quite honestly, he would've been an idiot to say anything in that situation.

Not my first run in with mean fans. Every CU game involved students spitting on us and throwing sh#t at us when we left the stadium. Mizzou does not have nice fans either.

Just cuz you haven't experienced doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just means you are naive.

No it just means they haven't had it happen to them.

From a facebook group:

Oregon fan here... seen this group and wanted to join just to have husker fans themselves know how I felt!

Lincoln bound review:

Prior to this trip I was told by multiple fans about how classy and nice Nebraska fans were.. thinking to myself "yeah okay.. went to Michigan State last year and that sh#t was ridiculous, thus far B1G is not convincing me"

Clearly not the case.. 50 feet from the van wife and I were heckled for the first time in the most polite manner.. outside the stadium was no different.. high fives.. "good lucks" by Huskers for nearly a mile. Entry to the stadium only proved more to what I was told about.. I can't tell you how many times I was walked up to.. hand shaken "thanks for coming" "welcome to our home" "hope you enjoy your experience"

In other words... if I was shirtless, it wouldn't surprise me to see someone there give me the shirt off their back.. if I was a dollar short on nachos.. wouldn't surprise me to see someone there give me their last dollar..

Huskers fans = Very classy fans

Thank you for the awesome experience!

From a facebook group:

Oregon fan here... seen this group and wanted to join just to have husker fans themselves know how I felt!

Lincoln bound review:

Prior to this trip I was told by multiple fans about how classy and nice Nebraska fans were.. thinking to myself "yeah okay.. went to Michigan State last year and that sh#t was ridiculous, thus far B1G is not convincing me"

Clearly not the case.. 50 feet from the van wife and I were heckled for the first time in the most polite manner.. outside the stadium was no different.. high fives.. "good lucks" by Huskers for nearly a mile. Entry to the stadium only proved more to what I was told about.. I can't tell you how many times I was walked up to.. hand shaken "thanks for coming" "welcome to our home" "hope you enjoy your experience"

In other words... if I was shirtless, it wouldn't surprise me to see someone there give me the shirt off their back.. if I was a dollar short on nachos.. wouldn't surprise me to see someone there give me their last dollar..

Huskers fans = Very classy fans

Thank you for the awesome experience!

I bet that if a Husker fan was "heckled politely" at a game they would come back here and freak out about how they were treated!

"Just got home from Omaha.

This is by far the friendliest fan base I've ever encountered. Everywhere we went, we where greeted with thank you's for coming and good luck. We were offered food and drinks just walking through the tailgate area. Had many good conversations with Husker fans everywhere. After the game, they were gracious winners and again, thanked us for coming. We didn't encounter a single person in either Omaha or Nebraska who weren't super friendly. The love their football but they also appreciate the visitors.

Many of them plan on coming to Eugene next year. I hope the fans here can show them the same courtesy.

Overall, one of the best roadtrips I've been on for a game. "

Did you just quote yourself?

"Just got home from Omaha.

This is by far the friendliest fan base I've ever encountered. Everywhere we went, we where greeted with thank you's for coming and good luck. We were offered food and drinks just walking through the tailgate area. Had many good conversations with Husker fans everywhere. After the game, they were gracious winners and again, thanked us for coming. We didn't encounter a single person in either Omaha or Nebraska who weren't super friendly. The love their football but they also appreciate the visitors.

Many of them plan on coming to Eugene next year. I hope the fans here can show them the same courtesy.

Overall, one of the best roadtrips I've been on for a game. "

Did you just quote yourself?

no

• 2 years later...

@Dilly Dilly As one poster noted, their whole fanbase is pretty pissed right now, especially at their OC, since this was their second week in a row without a TD. (See all the other threads on that board.) They're probably a little saltier than usual.