What did we learn

JJ Husker

I learned we have a bunch of negative nellies on this board! :lol:

Chillax guise. It's just one bad quarter, really. We take that quarter away and we're right in the thick of it. Let's just ignore the third quarter.

I think when the fellas here on the board re-watch the game, they're going to find some real positives we can build on.

EDIT: :sarcasm

Edited by suigeneris

We need to ask ourselves one question: Are we really any better off than we were in 2007?

We're going to win far more than 5 games, so yes. It's fine to question where we are and where we're going as a program, but any questioning of whether we're better off than we were under Callahan is barely better than trolling.

We will but that 2007 schedule was much harder than this one is. There were 10 bowl teams on that schedule, Kansas would win 6 or 7 games against this schedule.

1- Always thought highly of Beck, until now. 3rd quarter was the difference and Beck just kept passing. D got gassed, missed tackles, and made mistakes.

2- SJB must be so good they can't throw his way. After his pick I hardly heard his name.

3- O-line looked good. T-mart had a lot of time in the pocket.

4- Gerry and Gregory have a long way to go. Moss looked really good. He'll get more PT without a doubt.

5- 3rd downs are a cause for concern on both sides of the ball.

Chillax guise. It's just one bad quarter, really. We take that quarter away and we're right in the thick of it. Let's just ignore the third quarter.

I think when the fellas here on the board re-watch the game, they're going to find some real positives we can build on.

:lol:

One hell of a bad quarter!

But you're right. We've shown a lot of flashes of good talent. Still blew the game though.

There are always positives, but you need to be realistic about the coaching. Their job is to coach and get the kids ready to play. One of the biggest things they need to be able to do is make half time adjustments. UCLA made adjustments and came out swinging. We came out and seemed to play like the game was over. First time I've ever said it, and it makes me sad to say it...........there needs to be serious consideration about a coaching change. I know that it's a bad time to bring it up because everyone will think that I'm saying it because of this game, but it's just getting frustrating.

We need to ask ourselves one question: Are we really any better off than we were in 2007?

We're going to win far more than 5 games, so yes. It's fine to question where we are and where we're going as a program, but any questioning of whether we're better off than we were under Callahan is barely better than trolling.

It's legitimate and not trolling. But better than Callahan is merely a bad comparison. The question needs to be; are we where we want to be. The answer is clearly NO. I've been a Bo supporter until today but no more. I've wanted desperately to avoid the disruption of another HC and staff change but I don't care any longer. I am not happy or satisfied with nine wins over cupcakes and getting our asses handed to us by any half capable team. sh#ts gotta change.

Gregory, Gerry, Banderas, Valentine, etc. have potential, but it needs to be developed that's for sure. Martinez has turned into a non-running QB and considering that's what he was good at that's scary! Our coaching staff as a whole is getting worse not better and with experience most coaches tend to get better. Abdullah is the only player on this team with the heart to keep churning his legs when the chips are down.................my hats off to him for that.

• Fire 1

You've got to be kidding. How do you write off a whole quarter of football and if you think for a second we held them in the 4th quarter....UCLA just started chewing clock. They had it in the bag and knew it. We were defeated, demoralized...we quit. I can't spin this thing positive...at all. We've played one good full game this year and it was against a team that's currently riding a 15 game losing streak with a new head coach. This team has become an embarrassment....and I'm trying my best to not be too negative cause my BP can't handle it.

I learned we are officially a third tier team, one that will hover around the bottom of the top 25 with the good MAC schools. This is now the expectation, anything else is a pipe dream under this staff. If there is a legit candidate for replacement of bo I think it is time to start looking around. If he can prove me wrong, turn this into a galvanizing loss and win out then maybe he can actually coach. However i see the opposite happening, this may be the point of complete collapse for Bo.

Some questions for the pumpers to ponder.

1- When was the last time this team played a complete game with HC Bo? Trick question- there hasn't been a first time yet.

2- When has this team fielded a serviceable defense without a game named Suh on the field?

3- What proof is there from his time at Nebraska that Bo is any sort of defensive guru?

4- Why can many other teams get fired up for a game and usually play up to their capabilities and often times over their heads yet the Huskers sh#t the bed time after time after time?