Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I have heard four star generals utter the same words over and over, directed at superiors. This is not some lone incident by a rogue football coach. It is every day life in the real world.

I do not know where some of you live or what your worldly experience is, but it sounds pretty sheltered.

We are over reacting to this. He is a firey football coach, we knew that going in. Remember him trying to pick a fight with Snyder?

You think Devaney never made like statements.

He had just pulled off a fantastic come back and the best fans in the country were not there to support his kids, he is either right, or those particular fans were not the best fans.

We all need to calm down, his fire there shows how hard he is trying. I have never doubted that. This is a direct attack on him and the program, possibly outside to cause more problems at this time.

Every coach in the country, but possibly Tom and Bobby Bowden has those words in their daily vocabulary. Get over it. Venting, upset, disappointed after giving us what we had screamed for.

Over reacting totally.

• Fire 8

Let's not forget, we're irrelevant to the national media and we've been embarrassed on national TV in big games, embarrassed by Pelini's sideline demeanor. There's youtube videos of him cursing at his players and his players cursing at him back. Now this? We haven't quite fully come out from underground from being buried by Solich/Callahan. Bo has buried us even further. This is going to get interesting fast.

All Nebraska fans will understand the context of the tape. It doesn't change how unprofessional and ill-advised Bo's comments were.

I don't think this necessarily means that Bo is gone. But he's got a hell of a lot of politickin to do if he's going to stay. Public apologies before the end of the day or something bad is going to happen.

• Fire 1

I have heard four star generals utter the same words over and over, directed at superiors. This is not some lone incident by a rogue football coach. It is every day life in the real world.

I do not know where some of you live or what your worldly experience is, but it sounds pretty sheltered.

We are over reacting to this. He is a firey football coach, we knew that going in. Remember him trying to pick a fight with Snyder?

You think Devaney never made like statements.

He had just pulled off a fantastic come back and the best fans in the country were not there to support his kids, he is either right, or those particular fans were not the best fans.

We all need to calm down, his fire there shows how hard he is trying. I have never doubted that. This is a direct attack on him and the program, possibly outside to cause more problems at this time.

Every coach in the country, but possibly Tom and Bobby Bowden has those words in their daily vocabulary. Get over it. Venting, upset, disappointed after giving us what we had screamed for.

Over reacting totally.

Wow. completely opposite of what I expected from you. I took my first breath since this thread started after reading this post. Really I did.

Well if you are not a fair weather fan then no one should be mad. Only the fans that are being talked about are the pissed off ones.

This is flawed logic all the way around. Bo, if it's true on tape, was talking to the Nebraska fan base. I also love that you feel people are "fair weather" fans if they take pride in their team and want a coach that represents the school and the tradition in a way that we are used to. Please don't confuse passion with being "fair weather".

I think what Bo said, and the intention that led him to say it, was wrong.

Even if it wasn't wrong,

Even if you take into consideration context,

Even if you understand he is a passionate, firey guy,

Even if you come up with any other enlightenment on the situation that may even be entirely accurate,

I think what Bo said is damning and going to be nearly impossible to save face from.

Either way you look at it, there's no escape.