Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I don't have much of a problem with calling out the media (especially that arrogant, self-promoting Dirk, whom I doubt has ever stepped between the lines of any sporting field), but calling out the fans like that is going to be hard to ever explain away. Certainly, those on the fence about Bo may no longer be so.

Having said that (and not in ANY way excusing his behavior), I find it incredible that the same national media who deem us irrelevant, find it HEADLINE SCREAMING WORTHY to post a 2 year old tape today.

Damon Benning@damonbenning4m

People have known the audio exists for over a year. Pretty interesting timing.

It's not interesting timing - it's ridiculously predictable timing. It's politics. Of course people who want Bo gone waited until the most opportune time to drop this bomb. It's obvious.

It also doesn't change what Bo said, and it does nothing to help the notion that his football team is a reflection of himself - an out of control roller coaster.

The release comes exactly at a time when many of the fans are questioning Bo Pelini and if he could get us to the next step. This was kept for this exact moment and basically let Bo hang himself. Many of the people supporting Bo started questioning his team after the UCLA game, this was the perfect time for whoever had this tape to release it. It puts the nail in Bo's coffin and though I hate to see him go, he did it to himself. He should have known that this could happen as he's so high profile in Nebraska.

This is bad, utterly bad by Bo.

But part of me wants him to stick around another couple of years, because SCREW the jackass who chose this moment, this time to release this recording. This is some beyond bush-league stuff.

It had better not have been a member of the press.

Who else would have that kind of access at that moment? It has to be someone of the media...

Wasn't it a couple years ago Bo said something about how we cant compare to the fan bases of the SEC.

He looks at 91,500 people largely as malcontents and not that passionate. Oftentimes I agree w him. But if there was more consistent play and a better feeling of chemistry he probably wouldn't have that problem.