Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I can't imagine a coach wants to come here when he thinks "Hey, maybe someone I trust will record me in an inopportune situation and release it when I lose a game!"

If that was true, no one would coach in the SEC.

Well, it appears to be true here.

Dude, I'm not saying we need to cut him now, but your defeatism is tiring. This isn't Kansas f*&king State.

This is bulls**t... Bo doesnt need to expalin himself, it was a private conversation about what REALLY HAPPENED...He didn't make any of that up... I was at the Ohio State and you should of heard all the boos and seen all the GREATEST FANS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL leave thier seats. Damn right he should be pissed off... Get off the guy... and P.S. Tommy shouldn't talk about being a head coach....ask any Doane student/alumni 3-17 ring a bell!!!

University of Nebraska Football, where coaches get run out of town.

Did we run Callahan out? No his W&L record did that to him. Are we running Bo out? No his epic blowout losses on national TV and telling the fans to F' off did that. The only person who has any gripe would be Solich and there are plenty of rumors surrounding his demise.

Cosgrove? Watson? Bohl? Carl? Callahan? These guys won't even talk about their experience at NU, why is that? It's not just W/L. My dad met Cosgroves brother a couple years back, said some actions by the fanbase toward his brother were in the nature of rumors that Dan Beabe vocalized from his experience. Were those coaches successful here? Nope, not really, but why won't they talk about their time here? We're going on 12 seasons of inconsistent mediocre teams and every offseason a group of fans want the HC gone. 12 years of overrated teams is a trend that is far separating us from any elite status and is making an already difficult program (which I'm proud of) look less and less appealing for any coach to consider us a "dream job," except maybe Scott Frost.

Look at Texas Tech, Kansas, and USF after their coaching debacle, programs that may never recover and were on the cusp. I just see this getting worse before getting better.

We do have a stadium full of fair weather fans.

The hell we do.

Agree knapp. We just want to see a quality product on the field. Myself and 90,000 others want to see the kids put in a place to succeed. That is not happening. I stuck up for Bo against the Bo bashers. Not anymore. This little audio nugget seals the deal for me. He can kiss my ass on the way out. I hope it is tomorrow. And his wife has a stupid name.

Really....you're done because Bo got personal and you respond the same way?

I must have missed something because, yeah, eff all the fans that leave when we're down. What's so inflammatory in this sound bite towards legitimate Husker fans? The audio is low and my speakers are not the best.

The fact that he said "f*** all of 'em" would seem to indicate that he wasn't exactly just directing it at the ones who left.

As far as I'm concerned, his reaction is NOT okay. That night, Husker fans did something very out-of-character, because they believed that the team had given up. Really, how often has something like that happened, in our entire history? Bo has the luxury of not having to deal with that on a week-in, week-out basis, and yet, over ONE incident, he blows his top. No excuse for that.

Over 400 people looking at this thread. HAHAHA.

Yep, and those 300+ "guests" include members of the local and national media. What we're saying here is being used to craft story lines.

It isn't just Bo who needs to be aware that what you say is out there, always. Fans have to think that way, too.

Boy, you said it... So we're gonna need more pitchforks and torches!

Over 400 people looking at this thread. HAHAHA.

Yep, and those 300+ "guests" include members of the local and national media. What we're saying here is being used to craft story lines.

It isn't just Bo who needs to be aware that what you say is out there, always. Fans have to think that way, too.

Ugh...good point. No need to give the vultures any fresh meat.

Joe Broekemeier @Joebro9

If you played for @BoPelini I know your with me and furious right now. That man would do ANYTHING ANYTHING for his players! Very sad day

@MikelSevere

Someone from the university needs to make a statement. Bo Pelini only needs to say it was wrong, heat of the moment and he has changed.

The support from former players is encouraging.....