Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

Joe Broekemeier @Joebro9

If you played for @BoPelini I know your with me and furious right now. That man would do ANYTHING ANYTHING for his players! Very sad day

@MikelSevere

Someone from the university needs to make a statement. Bo Pelini only needs to say it was wrong, heat of the moment and he has changed.

I just wonder if Bo is actually humble enough to apologize. My guess is he is not and this will be his end. Hopefully it is a growing, humbling experience and makes him realize he needs to make some changes to himself and the program.

I must have missed something because, yeah, eff all the fans that leave when we're down. What's so inflammatory in this sound bite towards legitimate Husker fans? The audio is low and my speakers are not the best.

The fact that he said "f*** all of 'em" would seem to indicate that he wasn't exactly just directing it at the ones who left.

As far as I'm concerned, his reaction is NOT okay. That night, Husker fans did something very out-of-character, because they believed that the team had given up. Really, how often has something like that happened, in our entire history? Bo has the luxury of not having to deal with that on a week-in, week-out basis, and yet, over ONE incident, he blows his top. No excuse for that.

While you're not wrong here, it should be noted that it wasn't just one incident at that time. That was one of the most difficult game stretches we've had in years, combined with outside stress from the local media attacking one of his players.

That doesn't excuse Bo, but it bears pointing out.

I think it needs to be emphasized that even though Bo said those things in the heat of the moment after an emotional game, that environment did not create those notions in his head. He clearly had resentments toward the fan base and media, and was contemplating leaving for another job, thus the 'We'll see how they do when I'm gone" comment. Being angry does not excuse the content of his rant.

I know this is the thread about some recording, and honestly at the moment I don't even care about the recording. I care about the short sightedness. If Pelini goes, we've basically gone through a coach every 6 years since TO's retirement. TO's legacy is because of his last 5 seasons and deservedly so......but the 20 before that had their share of ups and downs. I understand the thing about blowout losses. Callahan had them and Pelini has had them. But we're not going to build a program with a coaching carousel. When it comes to Nebraska football, I'm a nobody......I'm not a big donor and I have no weight to throw around. I know a little bit about football and quite a bit about the Huskers dating back to the 1970's. I'm just a poster on some internet message board. But I don't want a coaching change.

• Fire 1

Over 400 people looking at this thread. HAHAHA.

Yep, and those 300+ "guests" include members of the local and national media. What we're saying here is being used to craft story lines.

It isn't just Bo who needs to be aware that what you say is out there, always. Fans have to think that way, too.

Hi Sam!

Hi Steven!

Hi Lee! ( I mean, nobody else was going to do it)....

Over 400 people looking at this thread. HAHAHA.

Yep, and those 300+ "guests" include members of the local and national media. What we're saying here is being used to craft story lines.

It isn't just Bo who needs to be aware that what you say is out there, always. Fans have to think that way, too.

Hi Sam!

Hi Steven!

Hi Lee! ( I mean, nobody else was going to do it)....

Hey guys, Dirk checking in here!!!

I just wonder if Bo is actually humble enough to apologize. My guess is he is not and this will be his end.

I believe this guess will be proven wrong, tonight.

I hope so. I want him to stay, but he needs to make some serious changes. I just wonder if the rift created by this, or the release of it will make him want it to be the end. Maybe he has had enough of this fishbowl.

I must have missed something because, yeah, eff all the fans that leave when we're down. What's so inflammatory in this sound bite towards legitimate Husker fans? The audio is low and my speakers are not the best.

The fact that he said "f*** all of 'em" would seem to indicate that he wasn't exactly just directing it at the ones who left.

As far as I'm concerned, his reaction is NOT okay. That night, Husker fans did something very out-of-character, because they believed that the team had given up. Really, how often has something like that happened, in our entire history? Bo has the luxury of not having to deal with that on a week-in, week-out basis, and yet, over ONE incident, he blows his top. No excuse for that.

While you're not wrong here, it should be noted that it wasn't just one incident at that time. That was one of the most difficult game stretches we've had in years, combined with outside stress from the local media attacking one of his players.

That doesn't excuse Bo, but it bears pointing out.

Yeah its like pick your poison. Sideline demeanor? Check. History of cussing at refs and his players? Check. Being the guy who has coached the team to its worst 5 game stretch in the history of this program? Check. Having almost as much embarrassments in games than Bill Callahan? Check. I think he as one upped Bill in the embarrassing games on national TV department. Am I missing anything?

I just wonder if Bo is actually humble enough to apologize. My guess is he is not and this will be his end.

I believe this guess will be proven wrong, tonight.

I would say so as well.

The hardest thing will be for him to show individuals he is actually sincere with the apology. After his Frazier comments today, it may be tough to prove that to folks.

But I guess we will see.