Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

If the recording was from this weekend, it would be a totally different set of circumstances (obviously).

As it's from two years ago, I don't see anything happening immediately (other than an apology). Could carry more weight if the season doesn't turn around.

Really? Who cares when he said it? The fact is that he said it. We fans are HIS customers that pay his bills and then some. Buh bye Bo!!!

No idea what line of work you're in but have you ever disparaged any of your customers when you thought they couldn't hear you?

I sure have.

And I was wrong to do it.

• Fire 1

Nebraska Alumni Association is on damage control. Got this in my email a little while ago.

Subject: A Friendly Reminder from the NAA

As chapter leaders, you serve as an extension of the Nebraska Alumni Association. The NAA’s mission is to support the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Nebraska Athletics, and we will continue to do so. We ask you to please refrain from sharing your opinions on social media or with the media.

Thank you for your support.

Derek

Derek Engelbart

Director, Alumni Relations | Nebraska Alumni Association

Stand Up For Nebraska at huskeralum.org/join

Okay, let's think about a couple of things about this audio tape for a minute before we all go and get our panties in a bunch because Bo Pelini isn't allowed to have feelings:

1) This tape was recorded in 2011. You know, that year when Taylor Martinez was being hounded by the media? You know the year when Dirkity Derp Chatelain was taking his asshattery to a new level? The year when Taylor was called out in Spanish class and was booed off the field at halftime? That year? I'm sorry, but could any of you not have any bad feelings regarding Husker fans then. Even I was saying f*** these fans at that game.

2) I think since 2011, Bo has gotten more comfortable with the media, with the fans, with everybody in general--and the fan support has been there to back him up. So why are we making the assumption that Bo feels the same way about the fans now as he did in 2011.

3) The person who decided to release this just now is an ass. If you didn't like Bo in 2011 you should've just released it then. Whoever did this is running off an agenda and for all I care they can quit being a fan of this team--there'll be plenty of others who will donate money to the school if it is a booster.

To sum it up for point 1, some things are better left unsaid.

Okay, let's think about a couple of things about this audio tape for a minute before we all go and get our panties in a bunch because Bo Pelini isn't allowed to have feelings:

1) This tape was recorded in 2011. You know, that year when Taylor Martinez was being hounded by the media? You know the year when Dirkity Derp Chatelain was taking his asshattery to a new level? The year when Taylor was called out in Spanish class and was booed off the field at halftime? That year? I'm sorry, but could any of you not have any bad feelings regarding Husker fans then. Even I was saying f*** these fans at that game.

2) I think since 2011, Bo has gotten more comfortable with the media, with the fans, with everybody in general--and the fan support has been there to back him up. So why are we making the assumption that Bo feels the same way about the fans now as he did in 2011.

3) The person who decided to release this just now is an ass. If you didn't like Bo in 2011 you should've just released it then. Whoever did this is running off an agenda and for all I care they can quit being a fan of this team--there'll be plenty of others who will donate money to the school if it is a booster.

That's all well and good, but does any of it really matter?

This will hang over the program for at least as long as Bo's here, whether we like it or not. The best thing for the university to do is to make that time as short as possible.

No, no it won't. This will hang over the program for this year and this year alone. If Bo puts together a great season nobody is going to give two f***s from Sunday about what he said TWO years ago. If he doesn't put together a good season he'll unfortunately be gone.

My whole issue with this is the people who can just say HOW DARE HE when they would more than likely do the same thing. Put yourself in that spot. Coaches are people too you know.

This was recorded just under 2 years ago. Remember that. Not yesterday. 2 years ago. Remember the circumstances surrounding that game? Dirk ripping Martinez and so on and so on.

What's the intentions in releasing this now? Why not after NW 2011? Michigan 2011? After losses last year?

Not saying it's not disturbing, but the timing is a bit odd.

Interesting username with comments like these.

• Fire 1

To sum it up for point 1, some things are better left unsaid.

No doubt. But you know that's not the person Bo is.

Nebraska Alumni Association is on damage control. Got this in my email a little while ago.

Subject: A Friendly Reminder from the NAA

As chapter leaders, you serve as an extension of the Nebraska Alumni Association. The NAA’s mission is to support the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Nebraska Athletics, and we will continue to do so. We ask you to please refrain from sharing your opinions on social media or with the media.

Thank you for your support.

Derek

Derek Engelbart

Director, Alumni Relations | Nebraska Alumni Association

Stand Up For Nebraska at huskeralum.org/join

Good thing I've never joined. ;)

This is obviously extremely embarrassing for Bo, but it has not exactly been a secret that Bo has felt very at odds with the fanbase over the years. The whole 'us against the world' mentality he instills in the team comes from it. He doesn't feel the fanbase is out to help the program and struggles to really embrace a group that he feels is at his throat. Which, a portion of them, really are. But largely aren't.

And now this.

I'll say it, though. I couldn't care less what Bo said in private two years ago when he was angry or venting. He never did and never would give this kind of treatment publicly to the fanbase. The release of this is designed to offend, but for all of my extensive criticism of Bo over the years, I don't hold this one against him one bit.

• Fire 5

This was recorded just under 2 years ago. Remember that. Not yesterday. 2 years ago. Remember the circumstances surrounding that game? Dirk ripping Martinez and so on and so on.

What's the intentions in releasing this now? Why not after NW 2011? Michigan 2011? After losses last year?

Not saying it's not disturbing, but the timing is a bit odd.

Interesting username with comments like these.

I don't think he was saying Bo shouldn't apologize. I think he was reminding everyone about the circumstances surrounding the recording.

I can't imagine a coach wants to come here when he thinks "Hey, maybe someone I trust will record me in an inopportune situation and release it when I lose a game!"

If that was true, no one would coach in the SEC.

That is fairly easy... conduct yourself in such a way as to be unconcerned with whether you are recorded or not. If your character is good you have no fear of cameras or recording devices. pretty simple. Let them watch... if you conduct yourself appropriately you have no issues.

Caught the audio on the car radio, from the Mike Godfreed {spelling} show. Its already national news. Mike said he didn't get the OSU job because of his temper, and Urban M coming out of retirement didn't help. What bothered me was, that Mike G, said he was getting help from Stoops and think he said Saben, maybe not , but a SEC coach were trying to get him a SEC coaching job.Thought Bo might leave someday, but was hopping he would stay for the long haul. Looks like he had other plans if this is true, awhile back. GBR!!!

This is obviously extremely embarrassing for Bo, but it has not exactly been a secret that Bo has felt very at odds with the fanbase over the years. The whole 'us against the world' mentality he instills in the team comes from it. He doesn't feel the fanbase is out to help the program and struggles to really embrace a group that he feels is at his throat. Which, a portion of them, really are. But largely aren't.

And now this.

I'll say it, though. I couldn't care less what Bo said in private two years ago when he was angry or venting. He never did and never would give this kind of treatment publicly to the fanbase. The release of this is designed to offend, but for all of my extensive criticism of Bo over the years, I don't hold this one against him one bit.

Me either.

Joe Broekemeier @Joebro9

If you played for @BoPelini I know your with me and furious right now. That man would do ANYTHING ANYTHING for his players! Very sad day

All due respect, Joe, but so what?

The issue at hand is not, and never has been, whether Bo supports and is there for his players. We've always known that to be the case.

Just because you're a former player doesn't mean you're excused to make strawman arguments.

It might not be the issue at hand, but you can NOT disregard it...

you know what is cool tho

you know what is seriously cool

do you want to know the best part about this whole thing

better than all the other parts

do you

???????????

i will tell you

we're still the classiest motherf***ers in all of college football. BOOM ROASTED.