Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

Of course former players who played for him will stand up for him. It's like being a reference for Bo. Now on the other hand, it will be interesting to see what players during the Osborne era have to say about this whole thing.

What about those who played during the Devaney era, or Solich era, or Callahan era?

I'm more interested in the Dana X Bible era players thoughts.

Okay, let's think about a couple of things about this audio tape for a minute before we all go and get our panties in a bunch because Bo Pelini isn't allowed to have feelings:

1) This tape was recorded in 2011. You know, that year when Taylor Martinez was being hounded by the media? You know the year when Dirkity Derp Chatelain was taking his asshattery to a new level? The year when Taylor was called out in Spanish class and was booed off the field at halftime? That year? I'm sorry, but could any of you not have any bad feelings regarding Husker fans then. Even I was saying f*** these fans at that game.

2) I think since 2011, Bo has gotten more comfortable with the media, with the fans, with everybody in general--and the fan support has been there to back him up. So why are we making the assumption that Bo feels the same way about the fans now as he did in 2011.

3) The person who decided to release this just now is an ass. If you didn't like Bo in 2011 you should've just released it then. Whoever did this is running off an agenda and for all I care they can quit being a fan of this team--there'll be plenty of others who will donate money to the school if it is a booster.

It is sad all around. I can understand an emotional rant, but someone getting $3 million a year should know better than to do it in a public place. Holding the tape for two years and releasing it very distasteful. There is more to it than what we know. I am betting than someone tried to get Bo fired, and after failing released the tape.

Of course former players who played for him will stand up for him. It's like being a reference for Bo. Now on the other hand, it will be interesting to see what players during the Osborne era have to say about this whole thing.

What about those who played during the Devaney era, or Solich era, or Callahan era?

*edit* I read your post wrong, lol. I should say, let's not forget them too. I'd like to see someone who has not played for Bo say something. Some may say they have his back but me thinks they will take an unbiased approach to this matter...

I completely disagree with Bo's comments and agree with most who want him out. With that said, for the sake of our players and fans, whoever had this tape should have found a better time to release it that was not in the middle of the football season. This story is now growing on other outlets, and as this becomes a national story, the NU Board will have no choice but to act, and my guess is they will not allow Bo to hang around for the rest of the season...so what in the heck do we do for an interim head coach. Shame on Bo for making these comments, and shame on the "leakers" for putting this out at such a bad time.

Anybody know if TO would like to coach again?

I just wonder if the sellout streak is in jeopardy now? It's the last thing we have that links us to the Nebraska of old........................if he pissed enough people off, and it looks like he did, the fans could send a SERIOUS message by not showing up, but it's also something that's very dear to us all.

S*** you kidding me. This a mother f'ing good entertainment. 90,000 plus people are going to the game next Saturday to see the show continue.

After this weekend I was finally ready to hang up my "BO-liever" shirt and put him on the hot seat. The sixth year shouldn't be a carbon copy of the previous 5.

HOWEVER, after the release of this audio and his presser today, I'm 100% back behind him. At least for now. Who hasn't said something behind closed doors that they would never want to be released to the public? The guy was less than an hour removed from an INTENSE game after an INTENSE week. He was blowing off steam to a couple confidants.

If at the end of the season Bo has 4 losses, I'm all for preparing to move on without him. But for now, I just want wins. And being a bad fan on gamedays - which much of Memorial stadium is - isn't going to help. I will be the one chanting "Bo Bo Bo" when he comes out of the tunnel and I hope the rest of you will join in.

Zac Taylor made a public declaration of his support for Bill Callahan as well.

Means nothing.

Callahan was a good guy too and I really don't think he was that bad of a coach. Of course he lost the team, went 5-7 and what more can you say at that point with the results. He deserved what he got, if not the enduring negativity Husker fans still feel about him. And I think Zac's endorsement of Callahan does mean a lot. A lot of people with blind ill will towards BC.

Bo, on the other hand, he's not lost his team in any way, I doubt he will, and if this season implodes I'm all for the comparison. But it probably won't.

If anything the man is human, a real person. Seldom PC and straight forward. Some of you live in a velvet world with ponies running around your front room, pixie dust falling on computers. Real world, real world. Two years ago. Still here and working just as hard, and has made serious inroads to correcting his actions.

Thank God you never were in the Marine Corps or spent time in hostile action, your little ears would have fallen off.

I agree, I do not hold this against him one bit

It doesn't matter how big of a tough guy you are or how sensitive you are. This isn't about what we think. This is about being at a MAJOR competitive disadvantage now. Our program is tarnished and Bo has yet another hurdle to jump over in recruiting and getting his players ready. You may not think the action deserves a firing, but the fall out is going to be another obstacle to success.

Anybody else more pissed off about him saying he was on his way out the door than about him cussing out the fans?

Still think this damage can be managed by Bo. But he's got to apologize, and he's got to do it well, and then he's got to WIN.

That's true. Starting to really seem like Bo wanted the OSU job from the start. Or, apparently, an SEC job. I always kind of figured this, but now it's clear that Bo has few if any emotional ties to Nebraska, the University or the state. His players, sure, but players are gone in 4-5 years. If you don't have any liking towards the fan base or the city, what's the incentive to hang around long term? The weather?

If we actually act on this, we shall see Nebraska enter an unreal nightmare of crap football. Who will want to come here? The rabidness of the fan base, the expectations, the difficulty of recruiting.

Craig Bohl....if we pay him enough and buy out his contract at NDSU. I think he's the only option we should even consider.

As I recall, Craig Bohl was pretty much run out of town by the same rabid fan base. Craig's a Lincoln boy, but he still doesn't want to talk about his Nebraska experience to reporters.

Rabid fan bases and huge expectations come with every major college football program, and for that matter, any job that pays $3,000,000 a year. If the job opens up, there will be plenty of qualified candidates. The best choice probably won't be a big name.

I vote no one goes to the game this Saturday.

I heard this same sh#t after the UCLA game from "boosters" who feel they're entitled to something. Please, don't go. You won't be missed.

You sound like a little child saying you aren't going to someone's birthday party.

• Fire 2