Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

So something Bo said off the record two years ago is a bombshell? After hearing U.S. presidents drop f-bombs I couldn't care less. Whoever released this is a weasel, they held on to this for two years and waited for their moment. Someone really has an agenda and wants to sabotage this program and many on this board are falling for it. Is this where journalism is now?

• Fire 1

If anything the man is human, a real person. Seldom PC and straight forward. Some of you live in a velvet world with ponies running around your front room, pixie dust falling on computers. Real world, real world. Two years ago. Still here and working just as hard, and has made serious inroads to correcting his actions.

Thank God you never were in the Marine Corps or spent time in hostile action, your little ears would have fallen off.

I agree, I do not hold this against him one bit

This isn't the Marines. This is college football where a coach, especially a Nebraska coach is expected to have class and professionalism. Quit defending the guy who couldn't give two dookies about you! Tell me where there is a job that doesn't fire people for telling its customers (fans) to F off other than the moderators on this message board????

Man, it's a good thing you don't live in something called the real world...it would be TOUGH on you!

Nice rebuttal. It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic...

It does. Just have to think about it.

Well, in the real world people get fired for telling people to F off while on the job, and then threaten to leave the job. That is reality bud. Some fans are just way to blinded by their unconditional faith in Bo. The head coaching job is just that, its a job and a position that requires complete professionalism that is why we pay him $3 million/ year. That is reality my friend.

I think the key thing is how he said in 2011 he wasn't interviewing for jobs. "Rumors" he can't control.

But read that last line. "We'll see how they do when I'm out the door. And that day is coming." He was looking to get out when he still had a fan base full of supporters.

Oh, Bo definitely was shopping around. I forget the year, but '11 sounds right. That is completely unsurprising to me.

He stayed, though.

Whether his choice or not. Doesn't really matter. I can certainly understand his wanting to leave. I suspect he's cooled off the anger since then.

Out of proportion? I'm dumbfounded that people will defend such a lapse of judgement. He is the CEO of the football program that generates millions in income to the university. If the CEO of any major company came out and said f#*k the customers and I'm leaving as soon as I can, he'd be out of a job. Whether he was on or off the record, this leaked and there is no righting this ship. He's going to look recruits in the eyes now and talk about how amazing our fans and tradition is? Do you not think other coaches will use the fact he said he is leaving in recruiting battles?

Bad analogy.

He is the highest paid state employee in Nebraska and isn't responsible for the football program? The Nebraska brand isn't his responsibility to protect?

Where have you been? You've been a member for 2 years, and I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've seen you post.

He's gone. What?...... are you gonna wait around and wait for him to do something of substance? then IF he does, he's outskie the FIRST opportunity he has. Then the administration looks like a buncha window lickers at that point.

BTW... I hope everyone realizes that Bo was looking hard when when he said he wasn't, when his name was popping up all over the place. We fired him once. I'm sure he still holds THAT against us.

If anything the man is human, a real person. Seldom PC and straight forward. Some of you live in a velvet world with ponies running around your front room, pixie dust falling on computers. Real world, real world. Two years ago. Still here and working just as hard, and has made serious inroads to correcting his actions.

Thank God you never were in the Marine Corps or spent time in hostile action, your little ears would have fallen off.

I agree, I do not hold this against him one bit

This isn't the Marines. This is college football where a coach, especially a Nebraska coach is expected to have class and professionalism. Quit defending the guy who couldn't give two dookies about you! Tell me where there is a job that doesn't fire people for telling its customers (fans) to F off other than the moderators on this message board????

Man, it's a good thing you don't live in something called the real world...it would be TOUGH on you!

I live in the real world. I have a real job, a real boss and real customers. While I've gotten upset plenty of times, I have never ever gone to that level. Nor have I seen co-workers go to that level. I think it was a childish tantrum and all the people pretending that behavior is an everyday thing must live in a different real world than I do.

• Fire 1

If the job opens up, there will be plenty of qualified candidates. The best choice probably won't be a big name.

I guess we're 0-3 since 1997. I guess we can't strike out forever.....or at least until we're looking for the next head coach in 2018.

God, I hate that next guy. He doesn't really "get" it, the team doesn't play well enough for him, and he refuses to try the #2 QB who is obviously better than the starter.

He's gone. What?...... are you gonna wait around and wait for him to do something of substance? then IF he does, he's outskie the FIRST opportunity he has. Then the administration looks like a buncha window lickers at that point.

BTW... I hope everyone realizes that Bo was looking hard when when he said he wasn't, when his name was popping up all over the place. We fired him once. I'm sure he still holds THAT against us.

So, you know people on the inside too.

So, you know people on the inside too.

It's a message board, everyone does.

Bo Pelini On Nebraska Fans: "f#*k You, Fans. f#*k All Of You."

This is fun. Here we have an audiotape of Nebraska football coach Bo Pelini flipping his sh#t about both the media and the Cornhuskers' fans after a 2011 game. Why are we getting this now? Well, our tipster was particularly exercised by Nebraska's flameout against UCLA on Saturday, which has led to some awkwardness in Huskerdom. In the 2011 audio, Pelini says the word "f#*k" a lot. He seems to have no idea he was being recorded.

http://tinyurl.com/k2u8n4y

Hopefully that worked. It's the content filter.

Bad words BTW.

Why put this on the internet now? Why not play it right after it happened?