Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

The audio is real, and it is just sad...very sad.

Was Bo wrong in what he said & how he said it? Yes, but looking back on that time period I can also understand why he was upset. The hatchet-job column that Dirk Chatelain wrote that week had many of us angry, myself included. I said at the time that I thought it was very poor journalism on his part. Does that make Bo's reaction acceptable? Absolutely not.

It is clear whoever leaked this audio waited until the right moment, and is only using it as smear job & character assassination on Bo. Whether it is someone inside the Athletic Department, someone in the media, or just a simple fan, the fact of the matter is this kind of action in my opinion is pure trash, and I have no respect for this type of human being.

The biggest question now is: What does Eichorst do?

In my opinion he, along with Perlman have a one-on-one meeting with Pelini, and then Bo will have to apologize for his comments at a press conference at the earliest convenience. I don't think he will be fired because this happened several years ago, and it did not happen on Eichorst's watch. However, Bo is definitely now on the clock. It's prove it time. Any other antics or outbursts in the future similar to this audio recorded event will most certainly be the end of his tenure at Nebraska.

I hope it isn't...I want Bo to have a long successful career at Nebraska. I still think what he did for little Jack Hoffman this spring, and it brings a smile to my face & I get a lump in my throat. That wasn't a publicity stunt...it was the other side of Bo that we hardly get to see. Deep down I think he is a good man...a man with temper, but still a good man.

Now is not the time time to talk about boycotting future games to cost us the sell-out streak...THAT SOLVES NOTHING!

This is a dark week for Nebraska fans, but "through all kinds of weather we'll all stick to together for dear ol'e Nebraska-U!" If we really are the greatest fans in college football, then our actions need to start reflecting what we say, and what we stand for...and that includes Bo Pelini.

• Fire 6

Zombie Devaney's pretty spot on.

No he's not. An entire fanbase didn't go to pick on Cosgrove's kid. It was a few a$$hole$ and they were berated for it as they should have been.

Yes, this is true. The point being, there are a lot of good Husker fans out there but there are also some real classless ones who do go out of their way to make life hard on the coaches.

Not to excuse Bo. When you're in the spotlight you just gotta learn to handle the good and the bad. But both Bo and any coach are bound to, at times, get tired of the garbage they get (or feel they get) from a small segment of the fanbase. It's Bo's own misery that conflates that with the entire bunch of us. But I can understand where he's coming from.

If we actually act on this, we shall see Nebraska enter an unreal nightmare of crap football. Who will want to come here? The rabidness of the fan base, the expectations, the difficulty of recruiting.

Craig Bohl....if we pay him enough and buy out his contract at NDSU. I think he's the only option we should even consider.

Thanks for the comedy relief. "The only option we should consider" Priceless.

No one else will take it. Whoever we hire will have to be an ex-player with ties to the program.

Yeah some guy named Frost.

The audio is real, and it is just sad...very sad.

Was Bo wrong in what he said & how he said it? Yes, but looking back on that time period I can also understand why he was upset. The hatchet-job column that Dirk Chatelain wrote that week had many of us angry, myself included. I said at the time that I thought it was very poor journalism on his part. Does that make Bo's reaction acceptable? Absolutely not.

It is clear whoever leaked this audio waited until the right moment, and is only using it as smear job & character assassination on Bo. Whether it is someone inside the Athletic Department, someone in the media, or just a simple fan, the fact of the matter is this kind of action in my opinion is pure trash, and I have no respect for this type of human being.

The biggest question now is: What does Eichorst do?

In my opinion he, along with Perlman have a one-on-one meeting with Pelini, and then Bo will have to apologize for his comments at a press conference at the earliest convenience. I don't think he will be fired because this happened several years ago, and it did not happen on Eichorst's watch. However, Bo is definitely now on the clock. It's prove it time. Any other antics or outbursts in the future similar to this audio recorded event will most certainly be the end of his tenure at Nebraska.

I hope it isn't...I want Bo to have a long successful career at Nebraska. I still think what he did for little Jack Hoffman this spring, and it brings a smile to my face & I get a lump in my throat. That wasn't a publicity stunt...it was the other side of Bo that we hardly get to see. Deep down I think he is a good man...a man with temper, but still a good man.

Now is not the time time to talk about boycotting future games to cost us the sell-out streak...THAT SOLVES NOTHING!

This is a dark week for Nebraska fans, but "through all kinds of weather we'll all stick to together for dear ol'e Nebraska-U!" If we really are the greatest fans in college football, then our actions need to start reflecting what we say, and what we stand for...and that includes Bo Pelini.

you're kind of going against yourself here. the audio is real. bo wants out.

When you record someone aren't you supposed to tell them they are being recorded? Legally anyway that is how it works, right? So in a way, the douche who did this could face legal trouble if one were to find out who did it.

Depends, he could face civil action on some sort of invasion of privacy claim, but Pelini would have to prove he was in a private setting where he had not agreed to recordings, and that's tough to say in this case.

When you record someone aren't you supposed to tell them they are being recorded? Legally anyway that is how it works, right? So in a way, the douche who did this could face legal trouble if one were to find out who did it.

Nebraska is a 1 party state. So as long as one person knows the mic is on its kosher here.

I never did think Bo Pelini was a "good fit" for Nebraska. And, that tape, if true, is the reason why. Coaching is one thing but being a total and complete jackass while you are coaching just does not cut it. And, we wonder why he can't recruit? This will have some long lasting repercussions. Wonder how he is going to "fix" this? Probably the same way he is "fixing" our defense and offense. As a friend of mine said to me, "Pelini is an angry man who cannot recruit." Very true, no matter how you gloss it over.

Time for Shawn Eickhorst to step up to the plate with a really big bat.

"Our crowd. What a bunch of f------ fair-weather f------—they can all kiss my a-- out the f------- door. 'Cause the day is f------- coming now. We'll see what they can do when I'm f--------gone. I'm so f------ p---ed off."

Sad, indeed!