Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I'm glad I'm not friends with a lot of you. I say worse things than this about people I like all the time (my mom, my priest, my infant children, etc.) It's called venting. Also, right before he says the things a bunch of you are getting the vapors over, he said something to the effect of, "I was thinking . . .", which makes it sound as though he was confessing a momentary lapse in the face of some crappy treatment by quite a few fans and local media. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

Some of you should look inside yourselves and see if you are football fans or just really like drama. Liking drama is OK. They have tons of TV shows for you (Kardashians, Real Housewives). If your a football fan, then chill out, root for your team and hope they win the rest of their games.

You're not giving him too much credit. Everyone on this board has said the exact same thing about something or someone they've cared about in private. Many times.

Bo got caught, in a shady way, saying what every coach in the nation at one time our another has, or wants to say about their fanbase.

After the biggest comeback win in school history? I totally disagree. I think Bo's priorities are all wrong. He should have been happy beyond words. Not whining about fans leaving early.

You think he went out of his way to mention this?!?!? What the f#*k. It was brought up by probably the same person recording this. He was geeked about the win and some moron points this out instead of what had just taken place. In the heat of the moment of course I'd say f#*k them as well if they were willing to turn their backs on the team.

I don't know and neither do you. That's the thing. I would have kept my mouth shut. That's something you learn with age and Bo is 2 years older than me.

If Bo's intensity fired his players up, he could swear and spittle all he wanted. But Bo's intensity just seems to make his players uptight on the field and passive on the sidelines.

Bob Devaney swore and threatened and cajoled his players, and they loved the hell out of him. Devaney could also turn on a dime and charm the media. A sense of humor goes a long way. You don't have to choose between intensity and likability. It's entirely possible to do both at the same time.

Of course you can also be a spectacular a-hole, and as long as you keep winning games, people will pretend to love you. Lot of those guys out there, too.

Well , we do claim ourselves as such a loyal fan base (and we are) but a lot of people left during that Ohio game.

Just remember this: this recording was taken just moments after the biggest comeback in school history. I'm sure Bo was very emotional anyway.

But yeah, it stings knowing how much I follow our team and try to drive from Denver 2-3 times a year just to be there and support the team. Bo owes the fans an apology.

I just flew with my son from Tennessee to attend the SMU game! It was awesome, the program is MUCH MUCH bigger than Bo. Also with our weak schedule and talent I could probably coach this team to 9 wins!

“I want to sincerely apologize for my comments from two years ago which became public today," Pelini said in a statement. "I take full responsibility for these comments. They were spoken in a private room following the Ohio State game. I was venting following a series of emotional events which led to this moment. That being said, these comments are in no way indicative of my true feelings. I love it here in Nebraska and feel fortunate to be associated with such a great University and fan base. I again apologize to anyone whom I have offended.”

Well done.

you serious? this is as generic, politically correct, forced and insincere as it gets.

What the f#*k do you want him to say? Jesus Christ.

Wow. That corporate robo-apology is just . . . wow . . . .

I'm pretty sure it was composed and heavily edited by the university before it went out...you should realize that's normal in situations like these.

I do. I should have added: I don't care whether or not he meant it. It makes me wonder if the university is still considering options to put out something so neutral.

“I want to sincerely apologize for my comments from two years ago which became public today," Pelini said in a statement. "I take full responsibility for these comments. They were spoken in a private room following the Ohio State game. I was venting following a series of emotional events which led to this moment. That being said, these comments are in no way indicative of my true feelings. I love it here in Nebraska and feel fortunate to be associated with such a great University and fan base. I again apologize to anyone whom I have offended.”

Well done.

you serious? this is as generic, politically correct, forced and insincere as it gets.

Yeah. That apology was well.... a lie. One does not say what he said... multiple times... over and over again... and not have it reflect his feelings. Of course what he said reflected his feelings... that is why he said it! Now... if he said something like..."well that was how I felt then and am sorry for being so unprofessional then... but it no longer is what I feel." Though... that too could be a lie.

Really there is nothing he could say other than "I am sorry, I should never have said what I said. It was unprofessional and uncalled for. I have no excuse." then leave it at that.